Bioshock!

Krookie

Hmmm. Musta been like that little kid. I see dead people too, you know?

I've downloaded the free demo. BUt it shuts off as soon as the game proper starts. I've only been able to find some reference to turning off services.exe. But that sounds mental. Can anyone help?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

YES! My collector's edition arrived with the mail today. Sadly, i don't have time to play it. But tomorrow....

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hmmm. Musta been like that little kid. I see dead people too, you know?

I've downloaded the free demo. BUt it shuts off as soon as the game proper starts. I've only been able to find some reference to turning off services.exe. But that sounds mental. Can anyone help?

Well, I was about to get it when my Nephew warned me about a Trojan it installs (mistakenly called Rootkit by someothers). It is a baselevel line of code which disables the administrative portion of your administrator account allowing all others to access it. This allows the game to have those who are not administrators run it. Unless you go to the base level of windows YOU CANNOT uninstall this trojan/program they give you courtesy of your install of the program or of the Demo. Already installed Bioshock in full or Demo form. Welcome to the shock...you're already infected. Good Luck at getting it uninfected.

It also has been stated in some others opinions that it will disable certain functions of items the programmers consider pirated or could be used in piracy. I don't know how this works.

2K games has come out and stated, it is not a rootkit, but an accessory for the game. I suppose it's an anti-piracy enhancement to your game...nice of them to think about you so much to prevent pirates on your machine.

Check security levels and turn them down?

I don't know the specs on your machine but of course I would suppose that would be an obvious gotcha.

However if I play it I'll go the other way...playing it on a 360 I think.

Did anyone else have a broken Big Daddy? Do they telephone you after they've sent the box or is it just sent and when you get it you get it....

edit: The second portion of my question means after you've filled out the online form.

Edited by Zero

I finally got the order confirmation e-mail, today. Which means I may only get it on Monday. :thumbsup:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Shut up! It's not my fault!

Heja Sverige!!

The Portuguese release date is next friday.

Heja Sverige!!

That's because I don't trust the Portuguese postal service.

Heja Sverige!!

I can't believe this, tonight i was going to install it, everything went fine until the installer prompted for the activation code. It should be on the back of the manual, right? black text with white background and everything. But for me? Nope! Nothing! Zilch! Nada! Nothing! Just a white rectangular shape with nothing on it. Checked on the forums if anyone experienced the same problem. No dice.

I am too angry right now to think of some solution that doesn't include me having send the whole damn package back to 2K Games in London, England. (There's the technical support). I will bring pictures later tomorrow. 58

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

WARNING! So-called "Profanity" follows! If you are 12 years or younger, then don't watch it and don't start whining about how it's inappropriate!

20070829.jpg

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No such Plasmid, you pervert.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just as we're at plasmids and perversion, does anyone have some totally sick and unusual plasmid/weapon/environment combos to send those nutjobs into Nirvana? I never really used all that stuff too creatively, mostly because the fights were often time too fast-paced. Throwing Teddybears on fire at enemy is old. Same for Icing/Wrenching. Any ideas? Maybe I should try lifting up a splicer into the air, throw bees at him and at the same time throw a dead cat after him. Yes!!!!!

I wonder... *uses the incinerate plasmid*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Dummy+Cyclone trap works pretty well, so does Dummy+oil leak+incinerate.

I don't even bother with Hornet-plasmid and Winter blast, their only use is against Houdinis and, with the latter one, hacking.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Although everybody now played through Bioshock (except our friend Pidesco), I still recommend to read this interview with Ken Levine.

IGN: Roger Ebert and Hideo Kojima say that video games are not art. How do you feel about that?

Levine: Honestly, I can't think of a more irrelevant topic to think about, you know? Is "frogurt" yogurt or fruit? Who cares? It tastes good. I think what you're seeing with Ebert is similar with what happened when movies came along, with the grave years of the book industry. Theater looked down on it, and theater in Shakespeare's time was looked down upon