What's wrong...

Aram

Those rounds have not been fired. Not only do they feed us propaganda, they think we are stupid

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

*doesn't get it*

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

She didn't say they were shot, just that they hit. Someone threw the bullets, duh. Jesus, people!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The thing is, even if real bullets fired from a gun HAD hit that womans house, that's hardly newsworthy comming from Iraq. It's like rapporting if someone dropped a used hanky on the pavement in Paris.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm purely guessing here, but isn't that a mint condition 5.56 on the left and mint soviet 7.62 on the right? In any case Aram is right they must have been dropped. Besides which what's the news here? It's like reporting snow in the Arctic. Unless the point is to highlight that occasionally civilians make up stories.

Have I ever told you about the time Jacques Chirac broke into my bathroom and ate half the soap?

EDIT: In fact they're clearly both the same claibre. But I'm still saying 7.62 soviet.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The discussion on the other sites (one I linked, anotehr I found through that link) seem to have a consensus that it's commercial ammo.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Couldnt it just be bullet-shaped sausages?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't think it's even American ammunition. GI brass is annealed and nowhere near that shiny. I think the bullets would also have green tips.

That is correct. Standard US (and NATO i believe) issue 5.56mm does have green tips. Tracers have red tips.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/237174.php

Interesting. Not the first time he's done this kind of thing, apparently.

Great link!

Thomas Sowell

*doesn't get it*

Those bullets haven't been fired. They are still in the cartridge.

I'm going to assume there was some accompanying text with the picture, in which case I ignored it, focusing solely on the picture. As such, I didn't see anything inherently wrong with the picture...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

*doesn't get it*

Those bullets haven't been fired. They are still in the cartridge.

I'm going to assume there was some accompanying text with the picture, in which case I ignored it, focusing solely on the picture. As such, I didn't see anything inherently wrong with the picture...

The caption claimed those bullets hit the womans house. The only way that could have happened would be if someone threw them. Like Tale said.

Thomas Sowell

Yeah. Those were supposed be fired bullets, yet still in their casings. Throwing bullets at people sound just silly.

People like this photo"journalist" give reputable papers such as the National Enquirer a bad name.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Apropos, a journalist on one of our big networks was recently let go because of an Iraq update he did.

He was filmed talking from inside an APC trying to find just the right hook to make the danish withdrawal sound like something monumental, waving his hands to the landscape he opened with 'Denmark, is now leaving Iraq'. The convoy was actually on it's way to Iraq, a few miles of the border however, not leaving.

These tricks are all part of the business.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.