Thor

mr insomniac

I'm with the Deadpool crowd. Please someone make it.

There doesn't even have to be a plot, just swordmurder and wacko quips and constant breaking of fourth wall.

I've always had a vision of how a possible Deadpool movie would end. He would narrate something to himself about how "his work was never done" and run away quickly. The next shot would be from in front of him, and he runs into the camera, which breaks and goes to black. In those last few moments before the credits begin rolling, Deadpool will exclaim "ow".

At some point he'd say "I can't believe Thor got his own movie before I did."

When it shows him without his mask he'd say "Yeah, I'm not pretty, but at least I'm not Ben Affleck."

A Deadpool movie, I think, would have to be based on Joe Kelly's original run. He's simply never been portrayed better, funnier, or had a more interesting storyline. The captive blind lady and the computer guy could be his supporting cast. The epic alien bringing peace to the world plot with the space law firm would be the overall storyline

Also, I think the only actor fit to play him would be Gary Busey.

I think the fan favorite is Ryan Reynolds. Which I happen to agree with.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You can't hype Thor. It's impossible.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm willing to hold off judgment. I'd really like it to be a good movie. I was a huge Thor mark back in the day. I still have nearly all my Thor comics.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

So Matthew Vaughn wants Kevin McKidd(Lucius Vorenus from Rome) to play Thor. Sounds good to me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

With Die Hard IV, The Simpsons and especially Transformers, I was proven severely wrong about this year's summer movies so with Thor... I'll probably go see it if only because the upcoming hype will brainwash me, just like it will all of you here.

Of those movies you listed I liked Die Hard IV the best, though Simpsons was hilarious and disturbing. Well worth the $4 I spent.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

With Die Hard IV, The Simpsons and especially Transformers, I was proven severely wrong about this year's summer movies so with Thor... I'll probably go see it if only because the upcoming hype will brainwash me, just like it will all of you here.

Of those movies you listed I liked Die Hard IV the best, though Simpsons was hilarious and disturbing. Well worth the $4 I spent.

And that's my point. I was 100% certain all of those would suck majestically.

I was wrong.

Also, Kevin McKidd as Thor = :down:

Well, Transformers was kind of meh, though the Mac guy was pretty good as a computer hacker.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I think the fan favorite is Ryan Reynolds. Which I happen to agree with.

Honestly, the first person in my mind was Ryan Reynolds also (he and Jessica Biel's ass made the otherwise horrible Blade: Trinity worth watching) but Gary Busey is actually also a pretty good choice.

I'd like to see a Red Meat hollywood franchise.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm willing to hold off judgment. I'd really like it to be a good movie. I was a huge Thor mark back in the day. I still have nearly all my Thor comics.

You actually read Thor? :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

At least it's not a Captain America movie.

Dear God, I hope no crazy hollywood director reads these forums. :ninja10:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

At least it's not a Captain America movie.

Dear God, I hope no crazy hollywood director reads these forums. :ninja10:

Hey! Captain America could be a very good film. I used to think he was this lame 40's propaganda remnant too, but then "Civil War" made me read some Cap' books and he's a way more interesting character than most. I even own this wicked cool cap' tshirt which was not easy to find in not-so-america-friendly-sweden.

And Marvel has already announced that they will be making a Captain America film, hah!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You actually read Thor? >_<

Yeah, big whoop, wannafightaboutit?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

NOOOOOOES!!!

I don't think I'll mind as long as they go easy on Patritorism and redesign his crappy costume.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Capfire.jpg

Cap' is comming for YOU.

If they did a Captain America movie I think they really should start it with the 1940's for the first half hour or so, with the events that lead up to his cryo-sleep in the artic, then once awakening to the modern day he needs to readjust to the modern world while an old nemesis who has been manipulating events over the decades threaten not only the US but the world, in standard comic fashion, while at the same time wrestle with issues he has with the way the US government and military is currently handlling world issues.

If they did a Captain America movie I think they really should start it with the 1940's for the first half hour or so, with the events that lead up to his cryo-sleep in the artic, then once awakening to the modern day he needs to readjust to the modern world while an old nemesis who has been manipulating events over the decades threaten not only the US but the world, in standard comic fashion, while at the same time wrestle with issues he has with the way the US government and military is currently handlling world issues.

So you mean do it like they do in the comics? Great idea, Shandes!

I think they need to make a Thor movie, just to erase the memory of those of us who were unfortunate enough to witness his tv incarnation during The Incredible Hulk Returns.

Oh , and you could probably get Gary Busey to voice Deadpool, but he's far too old to pull of a physical role like that nowadays.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Cap vs North Korea!

Ah, Team America, I harken thee.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Pretty much. :grin:

Keep it as close to the original as possible, you know.

Edited by Sand

Pretty much. :rolleyes:

Keep it as close to the original as possible, you know.

I like it best in the Ultimates version where he has only recently been defrosted, and he hangs around with his old friends who are in their 80's now.