Six Flags or Sea World

I hate amusement parks.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

What the...? Close this thread.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hate what this forum as become.

*forum makes rude gestures at krookie*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

We don't have either one of those in WA, so I can't say.

They have Sea World in the Goldcoast, though, so whenever it is that I go there, I'll suss it out.

I prefer Singapore's Underwater World on Sentosa Island. Gives you free tickets to the Dolphin Lagoon too :-

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have at least heard of Sea World, though I can't remember why. Possibly they had a famous whale or were in a movie or something? Google tells me Six Flags is a chain of theme parks, the largest in the world. You learn something new every day.

My favourite theme park is, without a doubt, Haus Ten Bosch in Japan. Who would have thought a Dutch-based theme park would be so much fun? :-

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think their Florida park had Shamu, or at least Keiko. Maybe I'm mixing up my whales.

There's a really old park in Denver, Elitch Gardens, that Six Flags bought out. So far as I can tell, most all Six Flags are like that. They're amusement parks (think carnivals and such) as opposed to theme parks (Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc.) which extends their novelty a bit longer.

I don't think I'd ever go there unless I had kids.

Kids I hated.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm not much of an amusement park person. I grew up about 40 minute drive away from the Six Flags in NJ, and I'd go every once in awhile along with some activity/group I was a member of. The amount of fun I had was always a result of how much I enjoyed being with the people I went with, rather than any of the park's activities. There were a couple of rides that were not to be missed (old-style wooden rollercoasters FTW!!), but they weren't worth actually paying the cost of admission.

I've been to a Sea World only once, when I was six. I don't really understand why anyone would want to combine a theme park with an aquarium.

I've been to a Sea World only once, when I was six. I don't really understand why anyone would want to combine a theme park with an aquarium.

Candy coated electric eels.

-Elwood Blues

I think their Florida park had Shamu, or at least Keiko. Maybe I'm mixing up my whales.

There's a really old park in Denver, Elitch Gardens, that Six Flags bought out. So far as I can tell, most all Six Flags are like that. They're amusement parks (think carnivals and such) as opposed to theme parks (Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc.) which extends their novelty a bit longer.

I'm pretty sure Shamu was here in Texas.

Been to both a few times, I much prefer Six Flags. The rides, the arcades. I beat Killer Instinct 2 so many times at Six Flags. All of them with the Werewolf guy on just one credit.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Been to both a few times, I much prefer Six Flags. The rides, the arcades. I beat Killer Instinct 2 so many times at Six Flags. All of them with the Werewolf guy on just one credit.

In San Antonio at sea world there's only i think about three rollercoasters while there's seven at six flags went yesterday with some friends so six flags my pic

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

Sea World in San Diego is a terrible place to go. All you would be tourists and transplants stay away. Go to six flags and have a great time.

Our Zoo is also not so great go to the one in New York or something.

At least in San Antonio Sea World has two coasters The Great White And Steel eel but iprefer six flags with the rattler poltregeist and superman

Edited by chris the jedi killer

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

They are all called Shamu. o:)

Sea World for me! It's just a two hour drive form me.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They are all called Shamu. o:)

Sea World for me! It's just a two hour drive form me.

Wow, you're right. They're all called Shamu, but the only one to have the name Shamu was the first one in San Diego. :woot:

These are the San Antonio ones: Taku, Kyuquot, Keet, Unna, Tuar, and Halyn. I don't know which was there when I went.

Edit: And holy crap, Orcas (Killer Whales) are actually classified as Dolphins! Thinking about it, I shouldn't be that surprised.

Edited by Tale

Edit: And holy crap, Orcas (Killer Whales) are actually classified as Dolphins! Thinking about it, I shouldn't be that surprised.

Yup, that is true.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I find it interesting that their dorsal fins flop over in captivity and never go back, like they lose the will to live. Of course its hysterical to watch the fools in the front rows get soaked so Im torn on the whole thing.

I think equating the dorsal fins flopping over to losing the will to live is quite a leap. I'd sooner think it's a physical effect of a small tank compared to a big ocean over psychological affect.