half-life

I'm being perfectly serious when I say that I belive I am being personally discriminated against by the STEAM release of Half-Life. I can't jump high enough.

In the first (original campaign) I got around this by using the infamous lipet mines on the wall trick. BUt I'm playing OPFOR now, and I have no such option.

Has anyone else heard of this problem? I could ask on some half-life boards, but frankly I'm snooty about who I talk to.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Never heard of this problem. Have you tried deleting the configuration files just to see if it's anything in there? I also know people reported problems with dual core processors, but that resulted in an entirely different issue.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The final boss battle is Opposing Force is ludicrous. The rest of the xpack is pretty decent.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Mr. Wistrik is correct.

There are a lot of jumps in the Half-Life games that require you to crouch after jumping. The way crouching works in Half-Life is Gordon pulls up his legs, so while on the ground this kneels, but while jumping, he tucks his legs up in order to make some of the tougher jumps.

Cheers.

OK. You were right. Sorta. You have to RUN, CROUCH, JUMP, and then CROUCH again.

So that makes life easier. :brows:

I just want to shoot stuff, not play a paralympics simulator.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You'll take your platform elements and you'll freaking enjoy them you ungreatful brat. Then, THEN maybe you'll get a shotgun and more than three bullets. But only then.

I HAVE A SPOON IN MY FACE. OUCH.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Ungreatful? Well, he can't jump great, that's for sure.

Not unlike the modders of Riot Act sp mod for HL 2 who, instead of going outside and getting fit while throwing hoops, decided to devout two years of their life and health for a mediocre modification, whose only merit was a new hand model. They jumped the gun and made a lousy mod, instead of jumping for the hoop and ending up scoring. Well, such is life.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They Hunger, definetly.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I could never get into They Hunger. Maybe because I was such a late adopter of Half-Life, having only been reintroduced to PC gaming in 2002 or 2003.

I also hate OpFor, just for the record.

I thought end boss battle in OpFor was easy. I misunderstood what I had to do for about 30 minutes, and still didn't die.

The jumping bits in Half-Life have made me just ignore the ending of that game. I really REALLY don't like jumping puzzles.

-Elwood Blues

I could never get into They Hunger. Maybe because I was such a late adopter of Half-Life, having only been reintroduced to PC gaming in 2002 or 2003.

I also hate OpFor, just for the record.

Honestly, I wasn't incredibly impressed by the first Half-Life for other than the fact that is spawned CS, probably the best multiplayer game of all time.

Half-Life 2 was bloody brilliant though.

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

- John Lennon

Brilliantly average, that is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't make me disown you, Pidesco. You'll be out on a fence in the alley in no time.

Watch out Tale, I might just skin you and boil you with cabbage.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Watch out Tale, I might just skin you and boil you with cabbage.

Rosemary. You'll want fresh rosemary with a giant talking rabbit.

-Elwood Blues

I liked FEAR better than HL2 actually

I'm undecided. I thought FEAR had better action, but HL2 was more diverse and interesting. But FEAR really had better action. Maybe if they'd thrown in an interesting boss fight somewhere in FEAR I could give it top accolades easier.

Edited by Tale

I thought HL 2 was more scary. Mostly because some of the enemies were damn ominous the first time. I was incredibly unnnerved by fast zombies and all the organic machines. Then I realised how powerful Combine Standard Issue Pulse Rifle actually is. :devil:

FEAR had so much better action though. Some mods remedied that thing for HL 2 later on.

kirottu said: