Evolution, creation or something else?

Bottom line is I think evolution is wrong but that's not to say I agree with creation either. I think that chuck norris might have created the universe with his round house kicks.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_noway.htm

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/creation.shtml

The media also never really tells you the evidence of creation such as the flood, noahs ark found, the place where the red sea was slip in two and alot more.

I don't really know what I believe but I don't believe evolution.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Bottom line is I think evolution is wrong but that's not to say I agree with creation either. I think that chuck norris might have created the universe with his round house kicks.

The media also never really tells you the evidence of creation such as the flood, noahs ark found, the place where the red sea was slip in two and alot more.

There is more evidence to support Evolution than there is to support Gravity. Do you think Gravity is wrong?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

none of which has anything to do with creationism. finding evidence that things appearing in the bible actually happened merely supports the already known concept that there is some fact in it as an historical record. nothing more, nothing less.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I don't believe that life is random. I believe that evolution is a fact of life. I don't believe evolution disproves the existence of God. I think people who rely strictly on what a religious denomination tells them are being naive. I also think people who dismiss religion as mass hysteria are being naive.

Except there are also people like this feller who are... psycotic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

actually, the concepts of creationism and evolution are not mutually exclusive. should it turn out that there is an all-powerful being, there's no reason he couldn't have simply kicked off the universe, i.e. creation, with the rules of evolution to guide the rest.

the nutcases are those that are young earth creationists, insisting on a 4000-6000 year old earth. hovind is an example, apparently. that people will believe in, and in some cases follow, such loons is testament to the power of charisma. if you say something well enough, to enough people, eventually you'll get some henchmen in tow i guess. *shudder*

taks

There is no feasible way to back a literal translation of the Bible (exempli gratia: creationism) other than twisted, unfounded, religious ideology. While it is your right to attempt to sway those who dissent, you can do nothing but regurgitate, in my mind, the same old drivel. You have NO eyewitnesses, only a book that has been translated and rewritten hundreds of times. Consider the source, and you might agree that the Bible is clearly a secondary source that contains its own bias. Do you think that the writers and re-writers would not try to change the Bible for their own motives? I can only surmise that if the Christian Fundamentalists, and others, take the Bible at face value they could also take "Jack and the Beanstalk" at face value. Yes, many places in the Bible have been found; or rather it is believed that they have been found. There is no evidence, however, that proves these are the same places. Even if they are, what does this prove? There are a lot of historic accuracies in the bible, but that does not mean every word of it is true by default. It would be ludicrous to conclude that, simply because some of the locations described in the Bible exist, the entire tome is historically accurate. Biblical evidence does not meet current academic standards, and therefore their

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

should it turn out that there is an all-powerful being, there's no reason he couldn't have simply kicked off the universe, i.e. creation, with the rules of evolution to guide the rest.

Yes, and a floating ball of pasta is the most likely the all powerful being... :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hovind is even further out there than most.

He has a tenancy to make really bad arguements that sound really good.

someone youtubed at least one of his seminars. and another one took his seminars and split them so that he could refute the seminars point by point (thank the maker for Video Editing.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only reason this discussion even exists is as a kindness to the biblical screwballs. Had it been anything other than established religion proposing that the world was created mere thousands of years ago, ruling out dinosaurs among other things, no one would ever have wasted their breath discussing it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

He has a tenancy to make really bad arguements that sound really good.

that's why charismatic leaders gain popularity. that's also why cults exist.

taks

should it turn out that there is an all-powerful being, there's no reason he couldn't have simply kicked off the universe, i.e. creation, with the rules of evolution to guide the rest.

Yes, and a floating ball of pasta is the most likely the all powerful being... :thumbsup:

Thou shalt not say Flying Spaghetti Monster

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

observing not necessarily oblivious. perhaps even intervening every once in a while to right some egregious wrong. you know, allowing all the hebrews to escape their egyptian pursuers, then condemning them to walk in the desert for 40 years... that kind of thing. :thumbsup:

taks

I like how everyone keeps throwing up flaws in the bible and religion in general as some sort of "proof" that God doesn't exist. Religion and the bible are products of man. Let's look at actual amazing stuff when trying to determine whether a higher power exists.

Love

Courage

Family

Reason

These are a few things that make me question the suuposed random nature of the universe. Why are we so different than one another? What is the human spirit? Why does my daughter have a personality of her own, instead of just acting exactly like my wife and I?

Seriously, I find it hard NOT to believe that there is something greater at work here.

I don't believe that life is random. I believe that evolution is a fact of life. I don't believe evolution disproves the existence of God. I think people who rely strictly on what a religious denomination tells them are being naive. I also think people who dismiss religion as mass hysteria are being naive.

Just a quick point: evolution DOESN'T mean that life is random; natural selection (to give it its proper name) drives the creation of more appropriate and specialized life.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Just a quick point: evolution DOESN'T mean that life is random; natural selection (to give it its proper name) drives the creation of more appropriate and specialized life.

Sorry, I was getting ahead of myself. I suppose the Big Bang Theory might be considered more of a randomization theory, but even that could be set in motion by forces unknown. My "life is random" and "evolution is a fact of life" were not really related to one another, they were just separate thoughts I crammed together.

I like that religion that thinks some powerful being created the universe, fell asleep, and has been totally oblivious since

i can believe that there is a God by "miracles" that seriously did not just happen. evolution when i've studied it seems really improbable. someone explained it to me like if you stick a bunch of parts in a bag and shake it up and get a watch. the only thing im really against is the fact that evolution is taught as fact and not theory in schools. i wouldnt say God created us and then ignored us. but if you ignore him, theres a good chance God will ignore u

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

I like that religion that thinks some powerful being created the universe, fell asleep, and has been totally oblivious since

i can believe that there is a God by "miracles" that seriously did not just happen. evolution when i've studied it seems really improbable. someone explained it to me like if you stick a bunch of parts in a bag and shake it up and get a watch. the only thing im really against is the fact that evolution is taught as fact and not theory in schools. i wouldnt say God created us and then ignored us. but if you ignore him, theres a good chance God will ignore u

that someone did you a disservice. and, i'm not sure where you came from, but it is taught everywhere i've been as theory, with many supporting facts (overwhelmingly so). very few scientific principles are treated as law (fact), gravity the most prominent (and yet, oddly, one of the least explainable in terms of "why").

taks