Ethan Haas Was Right

Blarghagh

Great the J.J. Abrams publicity stunt seems to be going as expected.

::sheep baying::

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

^You can manipulate the spheres to get them to open and reveal snips of a video. I didnt understand the first video and even though I lined up the verticle symbols with the corresponding horizontal on the second sphere I couldnt get it to open.

The first is easy, click anywhere, watch the pattern, repeat the pattern.

i got the first one... but neither could i get the 2nd. must be some trick and i don't have time to fiddle with it.

what's the purpose of this movie supposed to be? looks like some sort of munster attacking the city, but you can't see it in the video at 1-18-08.com.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

well, slusho.com, purported to be one of the actual websites involved in the viral marketing campaign, is a japanese oddity. perhaps this is yet another gawdawfulzilla movie?

taks

what's a "smoke monster?"

taks

I think he's making a Lost reference. It's some completely unexplained creature that we'll never know anything about.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

what's a "smoke monster?"

taks

I think there's one crawling up your shoulder right now.

EDIT: what the hell is the deal with the second puzzle? I've matched a couple of symbol sets. Did I miss some clue in the initial setup?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you wave the mouse over that little star in the right corner, it shows you that the symbols match with letters of the alphabet. I tried spelling EHWR since those letter are capitalized, which would have made sense, but no. You spell HAAS and the thing opens with another totally useless video clip. And there's a third puzzle.

If you wave the mouse over that little star in the right corner, it shows you that the symbols match with letters of the alphabet. I tried spelling EHWR since those letter are capitalized, which would have made sense, but no. You spell HAAS and the thing opens with another totally useless video clip. And there's a third puzzle.

if you click on the blue light, an email will pop up. send it and you'll get an auto response that gives you the clues to solve all the puzzles. the 5th is the hardest. the word for the 2nd is contained in the email response.

i cheated on a few (found a walkthrough) since i don't have time to play (much).

i signed up to be "reminded" of the continuation of this pseudo-ARG game, which occurs on august 1.

taks

i lied. the autoresponse message changed. this is the original

If you're receiving this auto-response message it means that I've gone into hiding. You should be careful now, too. They're likely to start coming after all of us in an attempt to keep the balance of power in their favor. But remember, as our numbers increase as a group, the weaker they'll become.

As you recruit new people to our cause, you might need to share this message as guidance for how to navigate the 5 locks to the key code...

1. The first lock will test your memory. Follow the trail of light and sound, but be careful -- one wrong move will send you back to the beginning.

2. For the second lock, you may need to look to the stars. They will help you find HAAS who will lead your way.

3. The third lock will require you to extinguish all lights but one. Only with one light remaining will you be able to proceed.

4. The fourth lock will let you move all 4 pieces through the control of one. However, unless the three key pieces are simultaneously placed into position, you will not be granted access.

5. The fifth lock will be the toughest. Seek help again from the stars to reveal your key and the message that you must decode. The two working together will open the way.

Good luck.

Van

taks

It isn't a Godzilla movie because they aren't making another one for a few years. The rights haven't been sold to anyone else or something. and yeah Pop, I've heard rumors of the movie being about CoC too. Another speculation from peo-ple who saw the teaser was that it's a movie about Lavos, but I don't think anyone really believes that.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So let me get this right.

This is an internet hype campaign about a movie, made by the guy who made Lost. The movie, according to the trailer, is about a wierd roaring monster destroying the world?

Edited by Aram

So let me get this right.

This is an internet hype campaign about a movie, made by the guy who made Lost, about a movie. The movie, according to the trailer, is about a wierd roaring monster destroying the world?

I don't know where you are getting the "movie about a movie" thing. And yes, aat this point it is believed to be about a roaring monster. Although, he denies this site has anything to do with the movie, but some people think he's lying. You decide!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

From what I've read on comments following a walkthrough, this seems to be a promotion for an upcoming post-apoc pnp game called Alpha Omega. It is believed the timing and style is designed to build off the hype associated with J.J. Abrams's upcoming monster movie, known as 1-18-08.

Edited by Archmonarch

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

This is nothing like 1-18-08.

Ethan Haas Cloverfield Diaries

Okay, this is making the movie seem somewhat more outlandish, cheesy, and uninteresting. I'll have to wait for a real trailer to make up my mind now.

After figuring out the first clue, I thought bugger this!! I've got better things to do. There must be an easier way to see these messages, and guess what? there is. Youtube has all the messages. Just search on 'ethan hass' and you'll see all the messages.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist