The experiences of a lowly playtester

Cantousent

Your posts kind of irk me cant. They aren't exactly updates. I mean they are mostly ramblings about how you don't want to overstep a non existent boundary that you have already been given permission to cross. I WANT GAME INFO NOW ):<

But seriously I think you are taking this way too serious. None of us want an entire write up of the game but maybe some stuff like genre, character options/backround, story concept, etc would be nice. You don't have to give a name or anything, just some info on the game plz. We've waited patiently enough. :blink:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

But seriously I think you are taking this way too serious. None of us want an entire write up of the game but maybe some stuff like genre, character options/backround, story concept, etc would be nice. You don't have to give a name or anything, just some info on the game plz. We've waited patiently enough. :)

I hear you, friend. Just a little more patience. That's all I'm asking. :Cant's GunsNRoses icon:

In the meantime, remember that most of my posts are rambling. My posting habits, like life, are driven by whim more than anything else. :Cant's tongue in cheek grin icon:

...or I could just be building up anticipation. :Cant's third smiley icon in one post just for theslug icon:

Finally, I'll dish out dirt for you, meta, but only dirt on me. Anything silly, stupid, or downright questionable that I've done, I'll post. So, some dirt, just the Cant variety.

I will ramble one more thing. I thought, when I started, that it was cool to discover a bug that other folks had a hard time replicating. I've found that I have a knack for some of these. this is true as they pertain to pathfinding in particular. I now hate such bugs with a purple passion befitting a demon lord.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Looking forward to the next update, Cant.

I found a very interesting article in a Seattle Weekly paper about what it's like to have a job doing QA for the 360.

Check it out.

It's fairly tabloid-eque -- as most weekly papers are -- but it's still a very entertaining read.

Hey, this post got lost at the end of the last page. Thanks for the read, my Daredevil friend. I wish I had a few patents sitting around the house! Woo Hoo.

Okay, last QA lunch today. I won't be around for the next one, I'm afraid. That said, I thought I'd give word that I'm trying, diligently, to secure permission to take a few pictures of the company game night. It's every Wednesday. Wish me luck! Also, I have to check on more material to make sure the ministry of information will sign off on my posting it. haha They've been accomodating so far, even though they don't exactly know why I would want to post this info on some message board. Keep your fingers crossed.

Finally, I told one of my fellow testers today that he's too young to be so jaded. He shot back, immediately, that I'm too old to be so naive. haha. Zing.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So cant let me ask you a little question my good man. How do you think this game will sell, big hit or just small time? And whats your 1- 10 rating on this one? Fyi for your sake this thread had better not been a waste of my time because if this game sucks your dead to me.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Alvin, I'll be more than happy to provide you cheats. For which game again?

As for you, slug, I'll say I think this game will sell very well. Right now, I rate it highly, although I don't normally attribute numerical values to my gaming experiences. I think the game is excellent in concept and, when all the errors are fixed, will be excellent in execution. This game is all about story. The battles are fun and there's plenty of fat loot to go around, but it differentiates itself from the pack by its cohesive and well wrought story.

Now, for something I think is quite funny about work. One of the folks on the programming side has a variety of interests, from swing dancing to soccer. He'll often walk from office to office, tracking down problems, while kicking a soccer ball between his feet. There's nothing like discussing a bug with someone who keeps bouncing a soccer ball off his chest. He's actually a fascinating person altogether. A New York native transplanted into the sunny southern California culture.

Obsidian Plays

Alvin, I'll be more than happy to provide you cheats. For which game again?

Cantousent, i'll tell you what...I'll give you the cheats for NWN 2 and Mask of the Betrayer if you give me the ones for your game...What say you?

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

For christ's sake just tell us what game you are testing already!

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm. Easy contact with the staff, Orange County, RPG...

ZOMG OBSIDIAN ZOMGZ

ZOMG

First Question: Which Obsidian employee do you believe you could most easily take in a fight? Honestly.

What was your favorite aspect of the game as you saw it?

Which was your fave CNPC? If you can't talk about it, use pig latin, ikelay isthlay.

How much work time did you use to play solitaire?

Edited by Pop

This thread is even better if you replace the concept of 'game' with 'secret military mind control lasers'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

First Question: Which Obsidian employee do you believe you could most easily take in a fight? Honestly.

Andrea? Hmm. No. She could probably take me also.

What was your favorite aspect of the game as you saw it?

"Nothing is immutable"

Which was your fave CNPC? If you can't talk about it, use pig latin, ikelay isthlay.

In terms of power?

In terms of roleplaying?

In terms of vital usefulness in certain situations?

In terms of outright evil comedy dialogue?

In terms of sexy angelic voice over work?

I have to say that I went with roleplaying, power, and usefulness every time when I had the choice.

How much work time did you use to play solitaire?

This board is my solitaire and I played it rarely while working. I actually tried to work while at work, but sometimes I came here instead. :Cant's sheepish smile icon:

Obsidian Plays

"Nothing is immutable"

Details or it didn't happen.

That will have to wait. I have a lot to say about the game. I'm just going to make sure it's appropriate to say.

Obsidian Plays

I like all of the game. Especially the fun part, which is all of it. Does that help?

Any hot Tiefling chicks with scottish accents?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So, is this a good time to place bets what title you were involved in? You can always tell later :)

The only title I can think of being developed and getting close to "finished" status within one and a half hour driving range of you, is Mask of the Betrayer (and that would make you an Atari employee) o:)

Of course, this could be completely off the mark and you could be working on Jumpman III for Konami, what do I know. Time will tell...

A shame that people weren't in a betting mood. I would have placed at least 5 TOMBS points on my idea :brows:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Great. I don't even have NWN and I'm not sure I want to buy it. I wanted to a while ago but decided against it. THanks cant, thanks a whole f'in lot buddy.

Is this a good point to come out as a reader of this thread and flaunt that "I knew it all along!"?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Psh, most predictable ending EVER!

Seriously, it should have ended with you working for some obscure gaming studio., or better yet, you making it up all along. Or better yet, we are just all figments of your imagination!