What is your favorite quote?

Lord Mayyn

"The day the flesh shapes and the flesh the day shapes."

"Black is a blind remembering"

oh yeah and:

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Deja vu!

Anyhow:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett

"And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next Leap...will be the Leap home..."

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest The Architect

"I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya... it feels phenomenal."

"We

Edited by The Architect

Ash: What are you? Are you me?

Evil Ash: Whad are do? Are do be? HAHAHAHAHAH! You sound like a jerk!

Ash: Why ya doin' this, huh?

Evil Ash: Oh, you wanna know? 'Cause the answer's easy! I'm BAD Ash... and you're GOOD Ash! You're a goody little two-shoes! Little goody two-shoes! Little goody two-shoes!

[begins to sucker-punch Ash]

Evil Ash: Goody little TWO-SHOES! Goody little TWO-SHOES! HEHEHEHEHE!

[honk honk honk]

Evil Ash: GOODY LITTLE TWO-SHOES! GOODY LITTLE...

Ash: [**** shotgun and points it under Evil Ash's nose]

[nods head]

Ash: [bLAMMO!] Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

MST3K Space Mutiny

Bad Guy: "Is this the man?"

Crow: "Why no, sir. You the man."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next Leap...will be the Leap home..."

Yay for Quantum Leap reference! :mellow:

Couple of quotes:

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."

-Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

"To insist in the past is to lose an eye; to ignore it is to lose both."

-Russian proverb

What's that quote from Babylon 5 about being Russian?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."

-Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

What do you like about this quote?

Kierkegaard (I believe) sure was a strange dark man when it came to relating Christianity with his other thoughts.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

What's that quote from Babylon 5 about being Russian?

Never watched Babylon 5, but I'm pretty positive it's Russian in nature. Maybe someone from the Motherland can correct me on that?

What do you like about this quote?

I like it because it's an examplary quote that illustrates his dissertations on philosophy, in particular choices and how people will react to them. And because it pretty much embodies a timeless, social malaise: a certain outcry for unshackled or unbounded expression but an inability to justify said expression. To speak one's mind freely does not deny responsability for said expression; yet, it's all too common to see someone pining for freedom of speech during their discourse but then being unable to deal with an opposite reasoning; this rejection almost accuses others of being thought tyrants simply because they too, are exercising free speech - and free thought along with it - but sit on the other side of the fence.

Or, I may be drunk.

I don't understand this one:

"To insist in the past is to lose an eye; to ignore it is to lose both."

-Russian proverb

(Get your act together, Role-Player!)

(No, it CAN'T BE my fault.)

(Nu-uh.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't mind if people can't dance, after all, who's the judge? Similarly, if a man feels more comfortable wearing high-heels and a chiffon dress, more power to them. Not my thing, but I don't mind that they choose a different way to express themselves. There are much worse ways to express oneself, like manipulating, torturing or generally hurting others for their own amusement, for example.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I can't dance. I don't try either, well not without the 'help' of large ammounts of alchohol anyway.

I do take issue with transvestites who can't hack it though, some minimum standard is surely in order. Why volountarily change yourself into the ugliest woman known to man.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

"I like it here where the gold grows" - Kagain

Ah that takes me back . I miss that crazy dwarf, the flames of a deliberately triggered trap dancing on his hat.

I found at least one of the Bab5 quotes:

Dr. Stephen Franklin: "It's all so brief, isn't it? Typical human lifespan is almost a hundred years, but it's barely a second compared to what's out there. It wouldn't be so bad if life didn't take so long to figure out. Seems you just start to get it right and then... it's over."

Lt. Commander Susan Ivanova: "Doesn't matter. If we lived two hundred years, we'd still be human. We'd still make the same mistakes."

Dr. Stephen Franklin: "You're a pessimist."

Lt. Commander Susan Ivanova: "I am Russian, Doctor. We understand these things."

-Elwood Blues