Pictures of your games

Darque

Actually I retook it quite recently because SandHadesDramaQueen said everyone who enjoyed one particular type of game were idiots (I think it was in the Fallout 3 thread) and I challenged him to beat me on that Mensa test. Then I forgot to post it :D

Hey, it was the only picture I had lying around that wasn't NSFW!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That's not bad at all, Mkreku. :)

Just two to three points higher than my score from that test, though I don't really put much stock in Mensa/IQ tests. I tend to pick answers at random. Sometimes I get over 200, other times down in the 70s. It all depends on my whims.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

post-262-1187718006_thumb.jpg

Oohh, an unaware orc scout!

post-262-1187718027_thumb.jpg

Gotcha! I love how this game lets you play the world as it is. No loading as you enter buildings, no "fake" windows plastered on the walls. If you see a hole in the wall, then there IS a hole in the wall. And you will be able to shoot through it!

post-262-1187718054_thumb.jpg

Inspecting my victim in the wartorn city of Vangard, with the king's castle in the background.

post-262-1187718089_thumb.jpg

King Rhobar's castle. Nice place!

Another thing I love about Gothic 3 is that arrows you shoot are real objects. If you miss, the arrow goes somewhere and stays there. After the battle you can go and pick it up again. If you hit, then the arrow will be visible on the victim until he falls down and die. After a few minutes they fade away, but since I've fired probably 10,000 arrows by now, that's probably a blessing for my system..

Examples:

post-262-1187718584_thumb.jpg

A jackal apparently only takes two hits to kill with my bow. Especially if you hit them square on the nose. Yes, the enemies are location-sensitive too!

post-262-1187718676_thumb.jpg

Ogres are a bit trickier, but being the master marksman that I am (ahem), I just place them all in his head. Notice that one of them entered his mouth.. Yummy!

post-262-1187718765_thumb.jpg

These guys are already dead, but what the hell.. I kill them anyhow, just for fun. They're sensitive to the head, just like zombies should be.

Nice, huh? Got to love Gothic 3!

Currently playing demo of bioshock. Runs surprisingly well on the highest resolution and high graphics. A few clips and stuff but nothing to worry about.

bioshocktp6.jpg

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

post-262-1187718089_thumb.jpg

King Rhobar's castle. Nice place!

Was about freaking time, don't you agree?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Currently playing demo of bioshock. Runs surprisingly well on the highest resolution and high graphics. A few clips and stuff but nothing to worry about.

What's your system? :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

What's your system? :ermm:

Dual core amd cpu 4200+, 2 gigs of ocz ram, and a 256mb 7900gt. Pretty much recommended specs except the gfx should have been 512 but what can you do? Just going to wait until the 9600-9800 become feasible then buy an all new computer. Not really that beefy or expensive anyways. 1400 for everything but I splurged on a 19" monitor and a way overkill power supply plus mouse and stuff.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I actually think the water looks better in Gothic 3. But I'm not very fond of that "quicksilver" effect that makes the water look like liquid metal..

I agree with that assessment, M-Krew. Water should indeed look like water, not T-1000.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

With that crest, he looks like he should be attending a gathering of Time Lords. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Deadlyassassin.jpg

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bioshock2007-08-2114-42-10-33.jpg
This is the first time I've really envied Bok.

This is what it looks like using ordinary DirectX 9.

post-262-1187980823_thumb.jpg

The only difference is that his widescreen format has cut off the top and bottom part (Except the higher resolution, of course).

post-262-1188054748_thumb.jpg

Barely made it! But look at the amount of sand thingies I've killed!

post-262-1188054759_thumb.jpg

On my way to Nordmar, overlooking Faring.. In the night. The bubble at the back is the trapped capital.

post-262-1188054775_thumb.jpg

Oh well, you can't win them all..

post-262-1188054788_thumb.jpg

Peek-a-boo! (Ice Golem)

post-262-1188170042_thumb.jpg

I BRING WAR!!

post-262-1188170089_thumb.jpg

None of that "pool of grass following you around" effect as seen in Oblivion..

post-262-1188170169_thumb.jpg

Overlooking a valley in Nordmar, with a small village on the other side of the mountain.

post-262-1188170237_thumb.jpg

Xardas, I finally found you! Uh, nice tower..

post-262-1188170286_thumb.jpg

Eating dinner with a couple of friends.