What are you playing now?

Darque

Cassidy never once hit me with a burst shot, even when I was standing directly between him and his target.

He does seem to have a dislike of Brahmin though... :lol:

I always find that "guard the brahmin from the wolf pack" quest unnecessarily difficult, because my team mates decides to genocide all bovines before the lupines get a chance to do it.

Once the Brahmin go hostile, I end the combat with a few well thrown hand grenades -

Grenade: *Boom!*

Brahmin: *Splat!*

Gorth: *Reload!*

:ermm:

I try and have my character make the kills on the dogs. I know one of my party members will miss and hit one of the cows, ruining my chance of getting a nice reward.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm playing Enchanted Arms for the 360 right now, and god damn, is it ever a terribly generic JRPG. I'm enjoying it for some inexplicable reason, though.

:ermm:

I feel your pain. I couldn't help but like it, perhaps because it doesn't take itself too seriously and, unlike say... FFVIII, has characters that are actually likeable (?!? :lol: ). I can see me completing this and never playing it ever again though. How far in are you?

I finished Jade Empire - it sustained my interest for three full plays through, so it must have been doing something right. Sure it was short, but it wasn't so short that this marred the quality of the game. The combat was OK once you got used to it (thanks again, Mkreku! >_< ) and I found the setting quite enjoyable, though spoken Chinese with English subtitles would have added something.

I'm now playing Sam&Max. >_< I'm on to episode 3 already, and finding the experience very satisfactory. If adventure games can be revived as short little episodes in series (as may be planned for Dreamfall as well), then count me in!

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hmm, Jade Empire is to China what the Forgotten Realms is to France. Actual Chinese would have been out of place.

I agree that it's a good game, but I'm still disappointed that the PC port isn't as good as the original.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

If you really (and I mean really) like cars, you could always try Test Drive Unlimited. It has no story though. No red thread leading you through it all. You're just dumped on a huge Hawaii-like island with $200,000 in your pocket and from there on you are on your own. You need to buy a car and an apartment to get started. Then you work your way through the races that pop up, advance in rank from amateur to Champion, buy more cars, buy more apartments (for more garage spaces), buy clothes for your character, upgrade your cars with mod kits, deliver suspicious packages, pick up hitchhikers, give rides to supermodels and transport valuable cars all over the island.

It helps if you enjoy listening to different engine sounds and experience the feel of four wheel drive vs. rear wheel drive etc., like I do. I've been playing the damn game for a few weeks straight now and I just can't stop. The game keeps track of the total distance you've driven in the game. I was up to 3000 miles last night (2980 to be exact..). Insane.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

mkreku,

I don't love cars, but I'll pick it up if i can find it at Fries.

karka,

Okami is a game I'd love to have come out for the PC.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm just installing Deus Ex for the first time. Apparently it's thousands of times better than Invisible War so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I'm just installing Deus Ex for the first time. Apparently it's thousands of times better than Invisible War so I thought I'd give it a shot.

:)

Prepare for good times.

I'm prepared for good times. Unfortunately I'm not having them as I'm lacking in a manual and don't know how to fecking jump :(

Would you care to pass on some of your expert knowledge and teach a newbie how to do one of the most basic actions in the game?

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

"though spoken Chinese with English subtitles would have added something."

That would have been horrible! That would have taken away from the game, imo.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Should I play Ring of Red (a 2001 PS2 title I've never finished), more S.T.A.L.K.E.R., or more Command & Conquer 3 skirmish?

Choices!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

double post

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"though spoken Chinese with English subtitles would have added something."

That would have been horrible! That would have taken away from the game, imo.

I don't think so - it would have been different, certainly, and not to everyone's taste, I suppose. For me, it would have invoked the really good Chinese movies I've seen - martial arts and otherwise - and added to the atmosphere.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yesterday I got my Fallout Collection and after that I've been playing Fallout 1 nearly all of my free time. Heck, I nearly skipped this years's first football training because of this.

Game rocks, although I think I prefer Fallout 2. I've only reached Junktown by now so my opinion might change. Awesome games, both of them definetly having their places in my best ever list.

Mmm... I think I should go back to game now :sorcerer:

Also, I'll try to get C&C3 soon as possible. Originally I thought getting the game next weekend but because of easter I think I have to get it earlier. Or later. Whatever.

Since Jade Empire is not China nor is its world ours Chinese would've been out of it's place IMO

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hmm, Jade Empire is to China what the Forgotten Realms is to France. Actual Chinese would have been out of place.

I agree that it's a good game, but I'm still disappointed that the PC port isn't as good as the original.

As a Chinese, yes, its looks to us as though all the characters are from a circus.

Edited by Zoma

How can the port be worse? It's the same game; but with more features. L0LLERZ!

I'm to the imperial city, and so far, the only new feature I've seen is a rhino demon.

In addition, the controls aren't as responsive, the visuals aren't as nice, they've changed the camera slightly, and I'm noticing a slight pause after each spoken dialogue that wasn't there before. Therefore, it's like the original, but not quite as nice.

The only plus for the PC version is the possibility of modding the game using the NWN/NWN2 toolset.

How can the port be worse? It's the same game; but with more features. L0LLERZ!

Just a guess, but it could be a few things:

1. Maybe the controller is preferable to a mouse and keyboard for this user, and they don't want to buy a PC controller.

2. Maybe they have a nice HDTV that thier monitor doesn't compare to.

3. Maybe they find couch gaming more comfortable.

4. Maybe, after almost 2 years, the user feels the game is showing its age.

Again, those are just guesses, but each individual has a unique experience with their games. If this person prefered the console experience, that is their opinion.

"1. Maybe the controller is preferable to a mouse and keyboard for this user, and they don't want to buy a PC controller."

Not the game's fault. By a controller.

"2. Maybe they have a nice HDTV that thier monitor doesn't compare to."

Meh. What a cop out lame excuse.

"3. Maybe they find couch gaming more comfortable."

L0L Even lamer.

"4. Maybe, after almost 2 years, the user feels the game is showing its age."

Meh. The game isn't worse than. It's just aged. If this is true then they should feel the same if they played JE XBOX version now since the game has aged 2 years on that version too.

Seems like really weak exuses to me..

"I'm noticing a slight pause after each spoken dialogue that wasn't there before. Therefore, it's like the original, but not quite as nice."

This one here actually seems like a legit. reason :sorcerer:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hurlshot:

"1. Maybe the controller is preferable to a mouse and keyboard for this user, and they don't want to buy a PC controller."

It depends on the game. I'd say that keyboard and mouse isn't as nice as a controller for this game. For instence, if I wanted to roll to the left on the X-box, I would press the left stick to the left and tap the X. On the keyboard, I have to double tap the A. This means that if I'm already moving left (holding A down), I have to stop then double tap. And I've found that 50% of the time, my character will just move left a step instead of rolling, and I have to double tap it again to get the roll to happen.

Likewise, I try to keep my ring, middle, and index finger on the A,W,D keys while fighting. The game 'locks on' to a single opponent at a time. On the controller, I squeezed the right or left trigger to change what opponent I focused on. On the keyboard, I have to tap the TAB key, but my pinky hovers over the CAPS key. When my brain says, "tap the TAB key" my hand responds by trying to lift my fingers from the A,W,D so my ring finger can tap it. Failing that, it twists slightly, letting the pinky flail as best it can and sometimes hitting the TAB key, but other times hitting the CAPS.

Of course, this doesn't compare to the pain of stealth games where you have to hold down the SHIFT or CTRL button for long periods.

Given that many appear to be comfortable with this set up, I wonder if my pinky might just be stubby and weak.

"2. Maybe they have a nice HDTV that thier monitor doesn't compare to."

I have a regulare TV, but perhaps the graphics don't like my ATI Radeon.

"4. Maybe, after almost 2 years, the user feels the game is showing its age."

That might be it. I still remember every quest and side quest as well, so there's little new to entice me.