What are you playing now?

Darque

"Nah that would be Diablo. But thanks for playing."

Diablo isn't an AQction RPG. It's an Action game. Games like JE, BL, ES games, and G3 are Action RPG.

P.S. I like Diablo just fine for what it is; but let's not be fooled into thinking it's soemthing it's not.

That may be your odd opinion, but the entire gaming press defines Diablo as the standard of the action-RPG genre. Hence every game like Titan Quest is immediately compared to it. In fact, I'm looking at my Titan Quest game and the slaes blurb actually says "exciting action-RPG" and has a quote comparig it to Diablo. Direct evidence! I'm like Matlock!

"In fact, I'm looking at my Titan Quest game and the slaes blurb actually says "exciting action-RPG" and has a quote comparig it to Diablo. Direct evidence! I'm like Matlock!"

Outside of having a character mdoel, exactly what role-playing is there in Diablo? It's ALL combat.

"but the entire gaming press"

Sometimes the majority can actually be wrong. Imagine that!!! WOWSERS!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Icewind Dale. I started this current game last summer and never finished it. Hack n slash games can get boring if you constantly play them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale. I started this current game last summer and never finished it. Hack n slash games can get boring if you constantly play them.

Too true. Honestly I prefer 1 to 2, mainly because I find the 3rd edition ruleset to be a little akward, just in that all the other IE games are 2nd edition. I don't know why that bothers me so much.

"In fact, I'm looking at my Titan Quest game and the slaes blurb actually says "exciting action-RPG" and has a quote comparig it to Diablo. Direct evidence! I'm like Matlock!"

Outside of having a character mdoel, exactly what role-playing is there in Diablo? It's ALL combat.

"but the entire gaming press"

Sometimes the majority can actually be wrong. Imagine that!!! WOWSERS!

When you are talking about something as vague as a genre, the majority opinion is the definition. You can argue about the definition of an RPG all day, but it's an opinion. It's a fact that Diablo is classified as an action-RPG. Again, go ahead and disagree. I disagree that Guild Wars is an MMO, but the fact is it has been thrown into that genre.

Woah, 'Player laid some smacking. I agree with the content, but perhaps not with the method.

I finished Dark Crusade for the second time and guess it is BG 1 Tutu time now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just finished Neverwinter Nights 2. I found it good (maybe better than my expectations, which were based on what I had read). Now maybe I will start Torment or Fallout 2...

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

Age of Empires III. I still do have Jade Empire to finish, but multiplayer LAN on Sundays with my kids is fun. (Haven't been able to get AOE2 to connect through my router even with the proper ports enabled, though I'm not really sure why.) Pathfinding AI for the armies is a bit wonky, but the physics are neat to watch, and the little campaign stories in III were interesting enough. My daughter keeps telling me to try Mythology, but I'm not so very interested in it.

I'm trying to decide my next purchase. I have a list but I just can't decide which one should I get. Any help appreciated.

- Psychonauts

- SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1

- Kingdom Hearts

- Otogi

- Suikoden V

I'm leaning towards to Psychonauts. But others are inviting as well. :*

centinexx.png

"Don't kill us lake monster!"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just beat God of War II. I may have to get Okami, now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished Hotel Dusk. Good storydriven game. The pacing could have been better, but overall pretty satisfying experience.

As for right now, I'm going through Super Robot Taisen Original Generation (SRPG for GBA) and Yoshi's Island DS. Still going through the Close Combat: Cross of Iron grand campaign, and the scenarios in Airborne Assault: Highway to the Reich.

I guess I'm also technically supposed to be modding for NWN2 or something.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm trying to decide my next purchase. I have a list but I just can't decide which one should I get. Any help appreciated.

- Psychonauts

- SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1

- Kingdom Hearts

- Otogi

- Suikoden V

I'm leaning towards to Psychonauts. But others are inviting as well. :)

I've considered Psychonauts, but I didn't like the demo too much. hmmm

Edit: I'm now back to playing Shadow Hearts. Fine game, but it doesn't grip me at all, so I'm kind of trodding through it.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

JE is the best action CRPG I have ever played. Diablo is the utter worst action CRPG I have ever played. Unlike Diablo, there was actual role playing in Jade Empire. Oblivion and Bloodlines are somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I guess I don't think of action-RPG's as having to have actual role-playing as part of their setup to begin with.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Jade Empire wasn't bad but I felt the bare bones character system placed it a bit below Vampire: Bloodlines because character development isn't as diverse. The only main skills of Jade Empire are in combat and dialogue whereas Bloodlines had several more, like stealth or lock-picking, which really added a bit more meat and variety to the system.

Final Fantasy XII(PS2) - At my current rate I won't have this one done until XIII comes out.

World of Warcraft(PC) - I think I've just about had enough of this game.....

MLB2K7(360) - After playing a few games and getting the hang pitching and hitting, I'm really starting to like this game. Like Volorun said, too many homers and still not as good as MVP '05.

Oblivion(360) - Just picked this up over the weekend. Figured I'd give this another shot and see how it played using a controller and on a bigger screen. :teehee:

Jade Empire(PC) - Like Oblivion, grabbed this over the weekend. While I like the higher resolution graphics, I don't like the controls at all. Preferred using a controller. Going to have to get one of those 360 adapters so I can use my wireless 360 controller on my PC.

Final Fantasy VI(GBA) - Play this at work to pass time when there's nothing to do.

Looking forward to playing.....

God of War 1&2(PS2) - I need to get my hands on a copy of this game after playing the demo!! After watching the badass movie that is 300, it has got me in the mood for playing a game set in Greek mythology!

"Jade Empire wasn't bad but I felt the bare bones character system placed it a bit below Vampire: Bloodlines because character development isn't as diverse. The only main skills of Jade Empire are in combat and dialogue whereas Bloodlines had several more, like stealth or lock-picking, which really added a bit more meat and variety to the system."

Non combat skills wise, no doubt BL has it over JE. It's too bad BL's combat was so horrible (for the most part) or else it would have been top 10 if not top 5 for me.

"MLB2K7(360) - After playing a few games and getting the hang pitching and hitting, I'm really starting to like this game. Like Volorun said, too many homers and still not as good as MVP '05."

Yeah, what's funny is that in MVP I tend to use 'assisted fielding'; but 2k7 forces you to have full control of fielding (at least I am misisng the option) so soemtimes I do very foolish things in the field. Hehe. Good game; but MVP has it beat. I think mainly because of allt he avrious settings so if the gets too easy (or too hard); you cna mix it up to get the right mix of offense/picthing fairness you want for whatever your preference is.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.