Top 25 PC Games of All Time

Xard

"It's like anything. Irrelivant, it's media related. Everyone has there own list of favourites."

Absolutely true; but the best aprts of these lists and why i find them so fun is the fact one can disagree with them vehementely. Shrruging your shoulders is for boring things like your roommate telling you he's going to work.

L0LLERZ!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Shrruging your shoulders is for boring things like your roommate telling you he's going to work.

L0LLERZ!

And IGN's top game list is more exciting than that... how?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Says a lot about its importance, nothing else.

If something is important in that sense, that usually means it is good though, right?

People still talk Doom because while HL and so forth may have refined the gameplay, they still aren't appreciably different. They certainly do look better, no doubt, but graphics are really of no consequence in this sense because newer games will always look better due to the advancing technology. The physics implementations that are possible now are also cool, but that is still a refinement of the core gameplay.

It means it was good, not that it still is. A newer game that refines the gameplay still improves upon the game and is inherently a better game for that improvement. This, plus newer features, constitutes an appreciable difference. Scripted events, friendly AI, puzzles, are all things not even included in Doom that help make Half-Life "appreciably" different and a better game than Doom is. And this is beside the fact that what you are trying to attribute to Doom actually belongs to Wolfenstein 3D and the main reason people mentioned Doom instead of Wolfenstein 3D is that Doom is considered a better game.

Wolfenstein 3D is the greatest game ever for one simple reason: ROBOT HITLER. Beat that, Valve.

Fact I still enjoy Doom much more than many modern FPS's says a lot

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Says a lot about its importance, nothing else.

If something is important in that sense, that usually means it is good though, right?

People still talk Doom because while HL and so forth may have refined the gameplay, they still aren't appreciably different. They certainly do look better, no doubt, but graphics are really of no consequence in this sense because newer games will always look better due to the advancing technology. The physics implementations that are possible now are also cool, but that is still a refinement of the core gameplay.

It means it was good, not that it still is. A newer game that refines the gameplay still improves upon the game and is inherently a better game for that improvement. This, plus newer features, constitutes an appreciable difference. Scripted events, friendly AI, puzzles, are all things not even included in Doom that help make Half-Life "appreciably" different and a better game than Doom is. And this is beside the fact that what you are trying to attribute to Doom actually belongs to Wolfenstein 3D and the main reason people mentioned Doom instead of Wolfenstein 3D is that Doom is considered a better game.

Wolfenstein 3D is the greatest game ever for one simple reason: ROBOT HITLER. Beat that, Valve.

You got a point man.... ROBOT HITLER!

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Was Silver that really crappy RPG that was supposed to be Europe's answer to Final Fantasy VII?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I watched a guy finish it over a weekend. He didn't even sleep.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fact I still enjoy Doom much more than many modern FPS's says a lot

SHOGO The Mobile Armor Division for me because I

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I watched a guy finish it over a weekend. He didn't even sleep.

I finished it in three sessions, each 5 hours. Decent fun, but has nothing on FF7. It's a shallow romp that doesn't actually have any rpg attributes. Leveling happens each time you kill a boss monster and you grow more powerful, but there's no stat distribution although a character screen is available, which means the numbers are really irrelevant, not to mention leveling. They could have just made the game a pure hack, since the only similarity it has with rpgs is loot and frequent weapon upgrades. As for FF7, both games share the animation "style" and big swords - that's it.

Personally, I liked some of the weapons(like the magic system with orbs) and the fighting was fun for a while thanks to the ctrl-mouse-movement-system and enemy toughness, but it felt more like work after enemies started to become pushovers. Music was a highpoint though.

The only reason I actually played it was the horrible review it got in a local mag and because I got it for free in a compilation. :blink:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds