Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Before Sunrise|Sunset - Maturation helps (as does a truly terrific ending), and Delpy's character still sort of a **** (like, she spends a couple of years in NYC and still persists in saying medias instead of media); the dialog feels natural (as does the film's tone - artless), and the ride home is a little staggering (great chemistry - the look on Delpy's face and her bearing as Hawke prattles his shtick... perfect) (9-10), Croupier (8), Flash Gordon - So like, after Von Sydow bites it, how come everyone's free and crunking **** up except the black people? I mean, I know it's from the 30s (the comic), but like, wasn't the only black avian person the guy from Black Adder's slave baby? The score is hilarious. - (7), and Old School - I laughed so hard I almost had the fat guy's impending coronary (Oh, God, I've just experienced Lenodom) - (10).

(Oh yeah, the scores are arbitrary representations of the visceral enjoyment I obtained from watching, well, whatever it is I watched, and not really any kind of the statement on the film's overall quality, or something.)

You should write for Pitchfork.

Watched Little Miss Sunshine a day ago and I gotta say I liked it. I heard it was good and stuff but I usually don't pay much attention to people since they like stuff like spiderman and that is utterly unforgivable. But anyways I liked the characters and the plot was nice. Only thing I could of asked for was a different ending. It was cheezy as all get up and the only one who got "resolution" was the teenage kid who was my favorite character.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Before Sunrise|Sunset - Maturation helps (as does a truly terrific ending), and Delpy's character still sort of a **** (like, she spends a couple of years in NYC and still persists in saying medias instead of media); the dialog feels natural (as does the film's tone - artless), and the ride home is a little staggering (great chemistry - the look on Delpy's face and her bearing as Hawke prattles his shtick... perfect) (9-10), Croupier (8), Flash Gordon - So like, after Von Sydow bites it, how come everyone's free and crunking **** up except the black people? I mean, I know it's from the 30s (the comic), but like, wasn't the only black avian person the guy from Black Adder's slave baby? The score is hilarious. - (7), and Old School - I laughed so hard I almost had the fat guy's impending coronary (Oh, God, I've just experienced Lenodom) - (10).

(Oh yeah, the scores are arbitrary representations of the visceral enjoyment I obtained from watching, well, whatever it is I watched, and not really any kind of the statement on the film's overall quality, or something.)

You should write for Pitchfork.

No, because then I'd have to hate him. And I don't know if I could bring myself to do that. :woot:

Also, I really, really wanted to buy Jackie Chan's Police Story the other day when I saw it on DVD. I remember renting that movie on VHS back in the day and thinking it was awesome. I didn't want to shell out the 20 bucks though, so it's still on the shelf.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I had a similar moment when I came across Backbeat yesterday, Drabs.

Last night I watched the Presige. I really liked this show. Non linear, and chalk full of twists. Very nice.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I was wondering what they were, as they certainly are arbitrary. (What does italicized font add to the number: a half point, or just a personal note that you were on a higher dose at the time? :) )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Watched The Departed tonight. I had seen it before a long time ago ripped from something and the quality was pretty bad. So I figured it would be a cool movie to re-watch. I really liked the whole plot and stuff and the cast was a colorful mix of awesome. Only real gripe I had with the movie was the ending. I mean I liked how justice was served but

why in the hell did Leo have to get destroyed :yes:

I mean that part was pretty not awesome. Other than that it was a pretty good movie.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I haven't seen it, but I just saw a commercial for a movie called Fido. I lol'ed.

Welcome to Willard, a small town lost in the idyllic world of the 50's, where the sun shines every day, everybody knows their neighbor, and rotting zombies deliver the mail.

Years ago, the earth passed through a cloud of space dust, causing the dead to rise with a craving for human flesh. A war began, pitting the living against the dead. In the ensuing revolution, a corporation was born: ZomCon, who defeated the legions of undead, and domesticated the zombies, making them our industrial workers, our domestic servants - a productive part of society. ZomCon would like the people of Willard to believe they have everything under control… but do they?

Timmy Robinson doesn’t think so. At eleven, Timmy already knows the world is phony baloney - Mom and Dad just won’t admit it. Now ZomCon’s head of security has moved in across the street, and Timmy’s Mom refuses to be the only housewife on the block who doesn't have a zombie of her own. When she brings a zombie servant home, Timmy discovers a new best friend, and names him Fido. And even though Dad has a bad case of zombie-phobia, Timmy is determined to keep Fido, even if he does eat the odd person...

Sometimes, it takes a dead man to teach us all what it means to be alive.

Official Website

Also, Zomcom: Domesticate your zombie today!

:yes:

Edited by Deraldin

The trailer looks good.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No, because then I'd have to hate him. And I don't know if I could bring myself to do that. :lol:

Their Hip-Hop reviews are pretty decent and usually spot on - there, I said it. Also like, were it not for them, I wouldn't be bumping The Thermals. And I really really like The Thermals.

(What does italicized font add to the number: a half point, or just a personal note that you were on a higher dose at the time?)

Basically, "(" + "8" gets me the sunshine guy and I wasn't up for toying with the font system and actually bothering to learn how to use it anew... so I just commanded italics to bamboozle the board (code?.. uh programming code? Whatever).

School For Scoundrels - um, John Heder is annoying, constantly so, and even the prospect of Michael Clarke Duncan rape couldn't begin to redeem his presence (conversely, Billy Bob or better yet, his screen time or better yet, his character's outcome underwhelmed me) (5), and Mary - which is a pretentious well-shot bore, and which I barely managed to gobble up (wholly); I really like Forrest Whittaker - (4).

I saw Pan's Labyrinth.

I nearly cried at the end and felt that the movie was an amazing, terrifying and subtly mindbending experience. Yet, the end didn't feel like closure to me. It could be just that twist left me feeling empty, but I felt that the movie could have used more fantasy parts and less parts with the shallow villain. Gorish, beautiful adult faery tale, but it could have been even more.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Is Road Trip (even remotely) worth watching?"

Only if you like shallow, 'stupid humour' movies. I do, so I enjoyed it for what the stupidity that is. Hehe...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Agree, it was great. I went "wow" when it screamed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I saw Scoop today, and while it wasn't as bad as critics have been saying, it wasn't particularly good either. Scarlett Johansson's character was very badly written.

One of trailers they showed before the movie was 300's, and it was even better on the big screen. The movie has the potential to become an overstylized piece of crap, so let's hope they manage not to botch it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Trailer Park Boys movie. I used to be a fan of the show, but found the whole series a bit repetitive after seasons four and five. This movie does nothing to help that. I don't want to call it drivel, but don't pay money to rent it, wait till it airs on cable.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Okay: 24 Hour Party People - I'm not really a fan of any of the featured bands (Joy Division, New Order, Happy Mondays - and I suppose all the trinkets of information which helped me straggle along I obtained by, I dunno, osmosis), so basically I lacked the needed background data to giggle at myself for being a good fan and spotting the intricacies; Coogan is hilarious and the film replete with style - (10), and Road Trip - funnier than School For Scoundrels, not as funny as Old School, I guess I'm just a sucker for briskly paced crudeness - (8).

Edited by Baley

Something the Lord Made, HBO movie from a few years ago or so. Alan Rickman was great, as always, but Mos Def makes the bigger impression. Not a bad cable movie.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Zodiac - I saw it and I honestly think it's Fincher's best film, maybe because it's so un-Fincher. My previous fears about a Black Dahlia-style lamefest were unfounded.

The movie is set up into three parts. The first part is mostly about the Zodiac's murders and the messages he sends to the San Francisco Chronicle, and the crime reporter (Robert Downey Jr.) who's assigned to the case. The murder sequences are pretty ****ing intense, Cronenbergian in their unflinching eye towards brutality, but not stylized at all. It's ****ing scary. The second part of the movie deals with Mark Ruffalo's cop, Toschi (the inspiration for Bullitt) and his investigation into the murders. The Zodiac killings stopped rather abruptly, and as such the onscreen killings stop partway through. The third part of the movie deals with the Gyllenhaal's cartoonist becoming obsessed with the killer and his hunt even after the killings stop and public fear subsides.

There are a lot of weird bit parts in the movie. Donal Logue (sp?) puts on a fat suit and plays a police chief, and there's a cameo featuring the blonde guy from Mr. Show (I was the only person in the audience thinking "awesome!" when I saw the guy).

Despite the conclusion being pretty much a given (apparently nothing was embellished) they make it intense and watchable throughout the two and a half hours of playtime. It's well worth it, I think.