What are you playing now?

Darque

At the risk of repeating myself, how good is Company of Heroes?

Fantastic... But it's a microfest of an insane caliber. It's based around squads of guys and a triple resourse system (manpower, Munitions, and Fuel). It's got everything from smoke attacks and MG nests in buildings, to Blowing up bridges, minefields and directional damage (like rear attacks do more damage).

Ultimatly its a game thats based less around numbers of people, and more about how you use them.

A lot of people love it because it takes first person ragdoll physics and graphics and puts them in a strategy game. It can be funny with the ragdoll physics if you've got bighead mode on (they actually included a way to put in GIGANTIC heads in the game)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still on Bloodlines, at Grouts Mansion at the moment.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I also read that they're about to release a DirectX 10 patch for Company of Heroes.. *winkwinknudgenudge*
At the risk of repeating myself, how good is Company of Heroes?

Fantastic... But it's a microfest of an insane caliber. It's based around squads of guys and a triple resourse system (manpower, Munitions, and Fuel). It's got everything from smoke attacks and MG nests in buildings, to Blowing up bridges, minefields and directional damage (like rear attacks do more damage).

Ultimatly its a game thats based less around numbers of people, and more about how you use them.

A lot of people love it because it takes first person ragdoll physics and graphics and puts them in a strategy game. It can be funny with the ragdoll physics if you've got bighead mode on (they actually included a way to put in GIGANTIC heads in the game)

DirectX10 volumetric smoke effects FTW!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm currently playing German 2040.

Hoping to get the A-rank on this level, which will help me unlock the Psychology Grad level.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

K2. NWN2 bored me with playing evil so I decided to play a game that did it right. Plus this is the first time playing it with my new video card. I maxed out all of the graphic settings in the game like anti-aliasing and damn, the graphics look sweet.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

My NWN2 game has stalled at the seige battle. At some point, I'll get up the motivation to finish it, but for now, I've re-installed the original KotOR and am having fun running around Taris. It's been long enough that I've forgotten a lot of the enjoyable little details of the game, and Taris always was my favorite part.

I was sidetracked with Battlefield 2142 this weekend. Didn't play anything else.

I'm almost a Chief Petty Officer Gold and I'm falling in love with support.

Still Dark Crusade, this time as Imperial Guard. Considering how little I get to play games, this game consumes my time like a virus.

Heretics are a bitch by the by, I kept having to fend them off the small island on the eastern shore of my holdings and now they finally bumrushed my base there. I forgot to rebuild my Mars Pattern system last time I threw them back and the Chaos could thanks to that attack my almost defenseless base. Most of my defensive tactics concentrate around building a Baneblade and then delivering the Emperor's holy devastation upon the would-be attackers. Without Mars Pattern, I have to tech up to that and it takes some time, ususally enough that the enemy army is knocking my base to smithereens. The Imperial guard don't have much that can face up to two groups of Obliterators, several Horrors and a legion Chaos Marines supported by three Defilers(my god I hate that unit) and a sorcerer. Especially without Baneblades of Leman Russ's.

Yet, the game is bliss.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Still Dark Crusade, this time as Imperial Guard. Considering how little I get to play games, this game consumes my time like a virus.

Heretics are a bitch by the by, I kept having to fend them off the small island on the eastern shore of my holdings and now they finally bumrushed my base there. I forgot to rebuild my Mars Pattern system last time I threw them back and the Chaos could thanks to that attack my almost defenseless base. Most of my defensive tactics concentrate around building a Baneblade and then delivering the Emperor's holy devastation upon the would-be attackers. Without Mars Pattern, I have to tech up to that and it takes some time, ususally enough that the enemy army is knocking my base to smithereens. The Imperial guard don't have much that can face up to two groups of Obliterators, several Horrors and a legion Chaos Marines supported by three Defilers(my god I hate that unit) and a sorcerer. Especially without Baneblades of Leman Russ's.

Yet, the game is bliss.

Haha. When I play chaos I get pissed off at Imperial Guard. Upgraded they fire out of the range of sentry guns.

Hurrying along my Bloodlines game because Jade Empire is suppose to be released for the PC tomorrow.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

DLing the C&C3

You can't kill the messiah, or so I've heard

It's a really short demo. Only a single mission and a single small skirmish map. I do like the new sidebar though. The ability to produce units from anywhere on the map from any of your production buildings. Each building has it's own production queue on the sidebar. As long as you can remember which building was assigned which number I can see it being very useful. Clicking on the building itself will automatically switch to it's on queue. ;)

NWN's OC.

It's been about a year since I last played the original NWN, so I figured I'd install it again and experience it on my new monitor. It looks nice at 1680x1050, but the short-range clipping plane really becomes apparent when I can see so much. It's like clear vision for 100 feet, with 'fog' for the next 200 feet, even on a clear sunny day. Bioware apparently broke something in the latest patch, as Shadows don't attack me, ever. All other enemy types do, though. It's great soloing once again, without party members being forced onto me with their petty problems and attitudes. And performance is of course not an issue with this older game. Ignoring the fog and limited polygons used in rendering characters and objects, the game looks almost as good as NWN2 close up. I'm looking forward to replaying HotU later.

I am currently installing the PC Version of Jade Empire. 8)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"