Sports you do

Sturm

No killer instinct. You won't get the bagels that way.

That's why I'm not in sales. :)

But that's where the money is, and that's why they get food at their morning meetings. :o

Back on-topic (sort of): I've dropped a few pounds after a week and a half of dieting. I've never really counted calories before, but everything I've read has said the only sure way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in. I've drastically reduced the number of calories I consume (yesterday was about 1300), but I still have the energy I need to run or shoot hoops. My goal is to lose 10 pounds.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Yeah, the key will be if I can keep it up without backsliding into my old ways. Eating whatever I wanted was okay back before I sat at a desk all day. That's when the pounds started sneaking up on me.

Temptation is everywhere, so I must set small goals. Like leaving those bagels alone, and reaching for my bag of baby carrots. Yeah...

Yeah, the key will be if I can keep it up without backsliding into my old ways. Eating whatever I wanted was okay back before I sat at a desk all day. That's when the pounds started sneaking up on me.

Temptation is everywhere, so I must set small goals. Like leaving those bagels alone, and reaching for my bag of baby carrots. Yeah...

Regarding small goals, I dont know if you consume a lot of soda per day but I found stopping drinking soda will net you an 8-12 pound weight loss.

Regarding small goals, I dont know if you consume a lot of soda per day but I found stopping drinking soda will net you an 8-12 pound weight loss.

Thanks, but I stopped drinking pop (as it's called in Ohio, for some strange reason) a while ago. I still have a Diet Pepsi every now and then, but that can't be too bad for me, right?

It's gonna be much harder to stop drinking beer. :-

Gahh.... that hurts. I love to enjoy a good, dark ale or lager, and those are heavy on calories. I do enjoy Guiness stout, and I know one pint of that is the equivalent of eating a decent meal. I guess if I have anything now, it should be a Miller Lite, or similar light pills or lager.

I am aware that ordering a shot or mixed drink is no better than a beer calorie-wise, so that's not an answer either. I knew a lot of girls in college who thought they were being smart by doing a shot instead of having a beer... wrong.

Damn, Anchor Steam 153 calories. Is that good or bad?

Darth, I hope that you can lose enough weight to fit into your prom dress this year. Otherwise Billy McIntosh might never deflower your fat ass. You should stick with the old fashion dieters plan, and I ain't talking about digesting. Point and gag, point and gag.

Also I've found that if you drink so much that you don't have solid stool you'll almost always loose weight.

I go on lovely nature walks.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Laugh it up, but when I'm fitting into a size 2, all the boys will want to date me!

Maybe I should do that Dan Marino program I always see on TV, the one that sends you manly meals to eat three times a day. It sure turned John Kruk into a sexy beast.

That's not freakish at all.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think he can't move his arm on account of all the freakish bulges.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thanks, but I stopped drinking pop (as it's called in Ohio, for some strange reason) a while ago. I still have a Diet Pepsi every now and then, but that can't be too bad for me, right?

It's gonna be much harder to stop drinking beer. :p

Ahh well... beer is a killer. Whats your favourite? Here is a list of some beers and their caloric content.

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

Actually, beer can help to manage a diet. (Apple juice has more calories than beer; the problem is people don't usually drink twenty pints of apple juice in a sitting ... :thumbsup: )

Just have one beer two or three times a week as a reward.

Lots of water helps, too, as it can speed up the transit time for food through the alimentary canal. (Seriously!) Also, a lot of the "rapid" weight lost is just ambient water in the body (and so isn't really weight lost).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT