Sports you do

Sturm

Rubgy isnt that bad, I would say that American Football looks worse. But then again you have all that padding, no offence but American Football just seems like a bash fest, especially with them scrum things there the aim is to floor your opponent basically, with rubgy they tackle you around the waist so its not really that bad or violent.

I play volleyball and hallbandy regularly and try to keep up my meager myai thai skills with regular exercise.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Rubgy isnt that bad, I would say that American Football looks worse. But then again you have all that padding, no offence but American Football just seems like a bash fest, especially with them scrum things there the aim is to floor your opponent basically, with rubgy they tackle you around the waist so its not really that bad or violent.

You have to take into consideration the athletes, if american football was played without pads a couple of people would die every game. I think that the death of a president's son is what brought about wearing helmets.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It was an "uncool" thing for me to post? Or "uncool" in general?

In general. Though at the same time, I wouldn't really consider it to be a great demonstration of the toughness of the league. Sure it's great that he skated off on his own two feet, but the video doesn't show that.

A horrible accident of a hockey skate cutting some dude's throat in a freak accident.

Edited by alanschu

Well, I have no idea about American Football, so I cant really comment on it, from what I have seen on the news occasionly over here, on American shows, movies and other such things, it just looks pretty violent and that people could get injured very easily compared to rugby considering I've played rubgy and its got a totally different tackling system.

The Soccerroos were robbed!!!!!11 :'(

How long are they going to whinge about that? It's Iran all over again.

That Ronaldinho or whatever did the same "I got boo boo.... :'( clutches head and rolls around like a retard" thing when Turkey was playing against Brazil. <_< The Turk didn't even touch him! BASTARD....

:'(

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Anyone who says soccer is for pansies should test playing in defence. In second last game of last season my fellow defender broke his collar bone. <_<

American hockey is crazily violent. It was only few years ago when fights were regular (nearly if not always) in games.

I can still remeber WC from 90's when canadian and american players went on bloodlusty rampage. Ice was red, not white.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You have to take into consideration the athletes, if american football was played without pads a couple of people would die every game. I think that the death of a president's son is what brought about wearing helmets.

What people don't consider when they talk about "all that padding" is that the padding is covered by a hard plastic shell. Undoubtedly, this greatly diminishes catastrophic injuries, but it also gives players a weapon with which to hit others and makes a player feel safer so that he can go full-speed into contact rather than pull-up to protect himself. The end result is probably more joint injuries, concussions, stress fractures, etc., than there would be without the pads.

And, to keep us on topic, office softball leagues are fun. (Although out-of-season at the moment.)

I see what you mean about padding, Enoch, but think about how many shins would be broken at during a hockey game. The NHL Skill's Comp. was on last night, and some guy's slapshots were breaking the 100MPH mark. Getting hit with a heavy peice of rubber at that speed without any padding would not be pretty.

Hockey was actually the first sport I enjoyed watching, due to the winter Olympics. I never played though, as I'm terrible on ice skates.

I did however, play a lot of one-on-one street hockey, "Wayne's World" style.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I see what you mean about padding, Enoch, but think about how many shins would be broken at during a hockey game. The NHL Skill's Comp. was on last night, and some guy's slapshots were breaking the 100MPH mark. Getting hit with a heavy peice of rubber at that speed without any padding would not be pretty.

Oh, I'm not advocating changing anything, and I certainly don't know enough about hockey to apply any of my observations there (although I work 2 blocks away from an NHL venue, so I really should drop in for a game or two at some point). I'd gladly have the players endure more knee sprains and torn labrums if it means a lower risk of spinal injuries. My point was simply that the use of protective gear in American Football tends to make the sport more physical, not less.

I've played roller hockey since I was in Kindagarden/First grade. But this wasn't like, street hockey, it was like organized by the town and we had a rink and stuff.

Portugal is one of the best countries in the world in roller hockey.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

No, you're not.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: