Sports you do

Sturm

I've never played competitive sports, except the mandatory bits in school and such...just not into that sort of competition at all. Sometimes fun to watch, but otherwise...

Biking, hiking/packing, & dancing were my things in teens/20's. Ballroom dancing in particular I really enjoyed it, and did a few local shows - nothing major, just for fun. My 30's tho...not a whole lot, honestly, besides sex and short walk/hikes in nearby parks and the exercycle...and lately, a lot of upper-torso strength/flexibilty exercises. Yoga is probably in my future. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I got a B+ on my physics mid-term. I was pretty, and happy.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, but not because of my knowledge of physics. I don't relly do physical labor.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hmmm, back trouble and no sporting / exercise in your 30s ... do we see a connection? :huh:

Hey now, I didn't say "no exercise" - I said not much. :-

But the back trouble actually started when I slipped in the bathtub several years ago - twice, on two seperate occasions close together - and butt-slid backwards into the tub faucet, hitting almost the exact same spot on my upper spine both times. It was freaky and painful but I thought nothing of it until a week later when I was flat on my back. heh Since then it's been downhill from there.

But yes, I'm sure lack of torso muscles makes it much more likely for it to "go out" on me etc. - one of those idiotic cycles of "my back hurts/don't exercise" and "back doesn't hurt/exercise...oops the back went out again" things. Even when I was supposedly very fit, I've always been about aerobic/legs, not arms and torso.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

American football, Basketball, Swimming, Pool, Skateboarding, Biking, Headbanging(it's really tiring....really), owning noobs on CS,and

PAINTBALL!!!!!!!!

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Hmmm, back trouble and no sporting / exercise in your 30s ... do we see a connection? :mellow:

Hey now, I didn't say "no exercise" - I said not much. :ermm:

But the back trouble actually started when I slipped in the bathtub several years ago - twice, on two seperate occasions close together - and butt-slid backwards into the tub faucet, hitting almost the exact same spot on my upper spine both times. It was freaky and painful but I thought nothing of it until a week later when I was flat on my back. heh Since then it's been downhill from there.

Thanks, I'm not sleeping for a week now.

American football, Basketball, Swimming, Pool, Skateboarding, Biking, Headbanging(it's really tiring....really), owning noobs on CS,and

PAINTBALL!!!!!!!!

Last time I checked CS wasnt a sport, and if it was, I would be a pretty leet sportsman.

They air CS and Halo tournaments on the sports channels. It's a hand-eye coordination sport... :mellow:

Yeah, its like competitive knitting only less tactical.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't know. :( How would you determine whether an activity is a sport then?

You answered your own question: activity.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Last time I checked CS wasnt a sport, and if it was, I would be a pretty leet sportsman.

They air CS and Halo tournaments on the sports channels. It's a hand-eye coordination sport... :(

Since when does that determine whether or not an activity is considered a sport?

Poker is a sport!

They air CS and Halo tournaments on the sports channels. It's a hand-eye coordination sport... :sorcerer:

Since when does that determine whether or not an activity is considered a sport?

Poker is a sport!

Nah, poker is a game. Like video games or Scrabble.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Thanks, I'm not sleeping for a week now.
Bathtub accidents give you nightmares? ;)

Nah, poker is a game. Like video games or Scrabble.

I agree. I like those poker tournaments, but imo that doesn't make it a sport.

My sarcasm was wasted :)

It was a facetious comment since Poker Tournaments are shown on channels such as ESPN. If being shown on ESPN is all it takes to be a sport (according to that one chap), then Poker must be a sport!

I do not feel that poker is a sport, and the logic used to denote that if something is shown on a sports channel, it must be a sport is false. Sportsdesk is a Sport!

My sarcasm was wasted :(

It was a facetious comment since Poker Tournaments are shown on channels such as ESPN. If being shown on ESPN is all it takes to be a sport (according to that one chap), then Poker must be a sport!

I do not feel that poker is a sport, and the logic used to denote that if something is shown on a sports channel, it must be a sport is false. Sportsdesk is a Sport!

You know, before I hit "add reply," I thought to myself: "Self, you know he's not really defending poker as a sport. Save yourself the trouble of looking like an idiot and ... hey, did the sales team leave leftover bagels by the water cooler again? Score!"

Click.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs