The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

I dunno why but I prefer narrow buildings that go up like towers (Durlag's, IWD1's Hand, tree trunks!) than things that go down into the ground like sprawling dungeons (sewers, caves, crypts).

Durlag's Tower was technically a dungeon though.

I agree about Throne of Bhaal feeling rushed. That really should have been a full fledged sequel. I regret that I didn't know about the Ascension add on when I played it because that from what I heard would have made the game much better

Too bad it did not have the time like Tales of the Sword Coast had, it could have been a great add-on to BG2.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

• 2 months later...

Any news on this...?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I suspect not, for a few more months.

Poor ramza.

I don't expect the game to be finished anytime soon, I just want to get an update on the mod's status and eventually get some additional information.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

If J.E has worked with it at all lately :bat:

After all, he is Lead Designer for Aliens

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I dunno why but I prefer narrow buildings that go up like towers (Durlag's, IWD1's Hand, tree trunks!) than things that go down into the ground like sprawling dungeons (sewers, caves, crypts).

Maybe you're just an "up" kinda guy. :bat:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thanks for the answer Josh! Keep up the good work! :)

I can honestly say, with the hope that I don't offend, that I'm more interested in this "title" than I am in Aliens. I mean, I like the Alien movies, but I'm a bit leery of how it's going to pan out as a computer game. As a matter of fact, I'm more confident about the module now than I was when I first heard about it.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Now kirottu and funcroc have to set up a new monitoring address for Mr Sawyer ... :)"

LOL.

Poor kirottu, must be difficult for him to manage surveillance from the other side of the world. :)

Anyway, the mod is one of the few projects that I'm really looking forward to.

This is pretty high on my list.

It'd be nice to see this kind of view on a high fantasy world come to fruition.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Im looking forward to this Jefferson remake!

BTW, Watchers Keep sucked. The multicoloured dungeons reminded me of Disneyland, and the ability to exit right away from anywhere was absolutely lame and killed any challenge the dungeon might have posed. The demogorgon was unbelievably easy (cast breach and hack away) too. I remember the original Icewind Dale, trekking back to Kuldahar from deep within Kresselacks tomb or Dragons Eye eager to sell of tons of loot earned from tough battles. Those were great experiences that modern games dont recreate.

The demogorgon was unbelievably easy (cast breach and hack away) too.

Try the unnerfed demogorgon patch.

ability to exit right away from anywhere was absolutely lame

Agreed. In consolation, don't exit right away. That's what I did, and soon I forgot that you even could.

I thought the first level looked very nice. The second level with the multicolour and keys were crap, but the later levels were kinda nice too..

• 4 weeks later...
No work has been done on the project recently; I've been splitting time between three projects. I'm confident that I can start work in earnest in July, after I move.

It is July! Is it done yet? :thumbsup:

Just kidding. Really excited about the project Josh good luck!

I'm moving at the end of the week, then hopefully the Year of the Hound can begin in earnest.

:woot: :woot: :)

:):bow: :bow:

I'm moving at the end of the week, then hopefully the Year of the Hound can begin in earnest.

Also, I just beat NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer with my 28th level Water Genasi Monk, Ooey. Booyah.

Monk. HA!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It took me about... 20-25 hours, I think. Of course, that may not be typical for other people, as I had some bugs I had to work around and also a lot of areas still need to be tuned for increased difficulty.

Well, here's hoping they squash those bugs and did you say increased difficulty? I hope that means a smarter AI that can be applied to the whole game. I want those duergar in the beginning to use their full abilities! :D

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I don't.

Booyah like "totally awesome" or like "booo, this sucks"? ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Why not? Three enlarged dark dwarves rushing your rather weak looking halfling wizard... and getting their butts stomped is always fun.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"