NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

**** OBSIDIAN! NWN2 is the biggest let down i've had for a long bloody time. You're the worst game developing company ever. Everyone who wants to roleplay: Just get Oblivion and roleplay with yourself.

:)

http://www.nwn2rome.co.uk/

:crazy:

I had this Rift Vu when reading that page

I have an idea what he can do with himself.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Just patched up from the beta (finally) and I'm having some problems I didn't have before. For some reason, enchanting isn't working (it won't recognize the base weapon / armor to be enchanted when it's put on the bench) and the ore deposit found at the Sydney Natale encounter isn't registering as mined, even though I found it (got the xp for it, too) and sent the miners after it.

Question:

Casavir's lady lieutenant, how are you supposed to get her as a sergeant? Are you supposed to recruit her before OOW stops being a locale? Because I thought Bevil's arrival was the starting point of sergeant recruitment, and I think by that point OOW falls.

I'm playing a warlock, and I've liked it up to this point. But I'm getting my ass handed to me by Light of Heavens :wub: I don't know if I can take her on twice more.

edit - added spoiler tag

Edited by Pop

...well, jus' finished me first run-through wit' me femme Aasimar paladunce, so SPOILERS AHEAD!!!...

...yeah, SPOILERS, so stop readin' if'n ya dunna wanna know!!!...

...Casavir wanted me fine arse, but I give 'im the cold shoulder...Qara, Neeshka, an' Bishop betrayed me (an' Bishop had the Construct under his power now), but me an' Khelgar laid 'em low wit'out much fuss (Casavir is such a puss; almost no help at ALL)...Elanee kept dyin', stupid tree-huggin' puswa, so I kept her dead fer the final fight wit' the KoS...felt like punchin Ammon Jerro in the yap a few times, but had ta keep up the "goody-freakin'-two-shoes" paladunce philosophy, so I jus' put up wit' his lack o' doin' much but grunt an' grumble...Khelgar becomes a freakin' destruction machine when ya monk 'im, an' he was funny as hell...Sand>>>Qara...Bishop likes animal erotica...endin' was freakin' horrible; whoe'er rushed that PoS together needs a few good whacks in the hatrack wit' a lead pipe...all in all, the OC was pretty good ('cept fer the craptastic endin' picture show) wit' some great parts an' one or two laugh 'til ya damn near p*ss in yer drawers parts...was it a masterpiece like Planescape: Torment?...no...was it a miserable "let's show off the toolset a bit, an' not much else" like the NWN OC?...thank the Gods, no...a few more months in the oven an' the OC coulda gone from good ta great (still a few bugs an' the endin' was such a pile o' garbage that it kinda brought down me enjoyment o' the game a bit)...I's'd give the OC a 7.5; pretty damn good but coulda been better wit' a few more months put inta her...now ta play through wit'out havin' ta adhere ta that BS paladunce code; me half-orc barby awaits... :wub:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Question:

Casavir's lady lieutenant, how are you supposed to get her as a sergeant? Are you supposed to recruit her before OOW stops being a locale? Because I thought Bevil's arrival was the starting point of sergeant recruitment, and I think by that point OOW falls.

You can recruit sergeants as soon as you get the keep, so I'd suggest getting her at the same time you get the miners.

I'm playing a warlock, and I've liked it up to this point. But I'm getting my ass handed to me by Light of Heavens :( I don't know if I can take her on twice more.

I had Qara buff up my PC before the battle and then used Word of Changing right after talking to LoH. Her Knockdowns simply bounced of my Horned Devil's 32 STR and the 5hp/round regeneration pretty much negated any damage she managed to do. Still, it took me a long time time to defeat her because she seemed to have several uses of Lay on Hands for some reason and thus kept healing herself to full health over and over again.

Edited by aVENGER

I'm playing a warlock, and I've liked it up to this point. But I'm getting my ass handed to me by Light of Heavens :( I don't know if I can take her on twice more.

I had Qara buff up my PC before the battle and then used Word of Changing right after talking to LoH. Her Knockdowns simply bounced of my Horned Devil's 32 STR and the 5hp/round regeneration pretty much negated any damage she managed to do. Still, it took me a long time time to defeat her because she seemed to have several uses of Lay on Hands for some reason and thus kept healing herself to full health over and over again.

So the horned devil deal works? When I tried that spell with Ammon Jerro, it didn't work terribly well for him. I was thinking of investing in the negative energy eldritch blast that drains levels, but it wouldn't work against undead, and LoH might have immunity.

So the horned devil deal works? When I tried that spell with Ammon Jerro, it didn't work terribly well for him. I was thinking of investing in the negative energy eldritch blast that drains levels, but it wouldn't work against undead, and LoH might have immunity.

I don't know if it is too late for you, but having the Dash feat is pretty handy. You can outrun her, and if you have a ring of regenration, it is just a test of patience, not of skill.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yup, it's pretty good for situations where melee is required. Although the claws seemed to do less damaged than I expected (it should have been 2d6+10 but it felt more like 2d4+5) the innate 10/Good and Silver DR and the 5hp/round regeneration will keep you up for a long time. :cool: BTW, I'd advise against the Utterdark blast as you'll mainly be facing undead creatures for the rest of the game.

Ahem! <Clears throat>

I've almost finished the OC, been playing for the last 2 wks.

While I'm no great lover of PnP table top AD&D, I did enjoy the I.E games <way more than is normal for a rational person, lost count of how many times I've replayed Icewind Dale 2 > actually these were my first forays into the land of forgotten realm DnD high fantasy. :bat:

After ToB I was of the personal opinion that Bioware could do no wrong, that they were invincible. NWN dropped in 2002. It was 3D yes, but the magic of the I.E games was no where to be seen in the NWN OC and the outdated graphics didn't help much either. In some aspects it was a good game but given the past achievements of Bio I expected much more. Needless to say I was disappointed.

I could mention KOTOR as it was later developed by Bioware, but it is beyond the scope of this post. <a good game nonetheless>

Late 2006 NWN2 comes to a store near you, developed by non - other than Obsidian.

After seeing some of what this new incarnation has to offer I've formed my scholarly opinion. <Sand's voice>

You know something? NWN2 delivers.

This is what I expected from Bioware back in 2002 when the original dropped.

I could go on but this post is lengthy enough already. :-"

PS: T had Trias the betrayer, heck even the Nameless one was envious of him <me I was just awe struck>. NWN2 has Ammon Jarro and once again I had to lift my jaw of the floor.

NWN2 for me at least, is the spiritual successor of the I.E games and thanks to Obsidian my AD&D Forgotten Realm's journey is not yet over. :aiee:

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"

I'm playing a warlock, and I've liked it up to this point. But I'm getting my ass handed to me by Light of Heavens :sorcerer: I don't know if I can take her on twice more.

am gonna assume that you gots an adjusted umd of 'round 30+. with a high charisma there ain't no reason for a warlock of 17th level not to have umd in the range o' 30+... and don't forget to always has somebody cast greater heroism on you before encounters.

umd lets you use scrolls and wands and pretty much any item in game... save for some weapons and armours that you not got necessary proficiency with. am trying to imagine what sorta chance loh would have 'gaimst a warlock who cast premonition/displacement/mirror image/tenser's transformation/battle tide/ tortise shell/nature's avatar/storm avatar and elemental swarm on self... maybe cast sanctuary a couple times if you really need to.

is Gromnir's opnion that deceive item and skill focus umd is best feats for warlock to be taking, 'cause umd is most effective combat skill in game. need big umd to cast appropriate scrolls, and warlocks is the characters most likely to manage as they gots high charisma and umd feats.

first time through it were seeming like ammon jerro were a serious wuss, until we noticed his umd. hooked him up with a charisma boosting item and made sure to have sand cast greater heroism on him, and with our saved and made scrolls in addition to wands and rods and staves n' such, ammon jerro becames a serious force.

'course, if you ignored umd, then you can ignore our post.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

X-Fire NWN2 Chat Logs

[Obsidian-Kevin]: Question: Chris: Vampire: Bloodlines had a great concept and formula, do you intend to capture that essence to reattempt a similar project?

Answer: Several very talented people from Troika have come on board at Obsidian over the last couple years. Justin Cherry, who created the awesome spell effects and Brock Heins, a critical member of the programming team both brought expertise from Bloodlines. The lead writer from Vampire: Bloodlines, Brian Mitsoda, is our lead writer on one of our other projects (he's also the one who designed the hotel level) and if you liked the quality of work done on Bloodlines, I'm sure you'll like Brian's future work. That's not to say we're planning a Vampire game, however.

Enchanting is broken in my game. It says "No base weapon or armor to be enchanted found" when I have the item there. It sucks, because I could really use some +5 holy adamantine weapons right now. Balls.

*edit -

The lead writer from Vampire: Bloodlines, Brian Mitsoda, is our lead writer on one of our other projects

7HAE2QLZJ22TRUBL7E7W5ADO6VV6W7AR.jpg

I think I hear Dark_Raven soiling herself. And Darque. And... we'll throw in... um... Walsingham in there too for good measure.

The thing is, and maybe this would be reserved for another thread, that the Hotel area (imo the best part of Bloodlines, which had a lot of great parts) was one big huge reference, and I thought Obsidian was trying to get away from blatant stylistic references like that.

But if he's on the Alien project (Josh?) then it's a definite upside, because if there's one thing Bloodlines paid out in spades, it was a paranoid atmosphere, and that's exactly what an Alien project really needs.

Edited by Pop

[Obsidian-Kevin]: Question: Chris: Vampire: Bloodlines had a great concept and formula, do you intend to capture that essence to reattempt a similar project?

Answer: Several very talented people from Troika have come on board at Obsidian over the last couple years. Justin Cherry, who created the awesome spell effects and Brock Heins, a critical member of the programming team both brought expertise from Bloodlines. The lead writer from Vampire: Bloodlines, Brian Mitsoda, is our lead writer on one of our other projects (he's also the one who designed the hotel level) and if you liked the quality of work done on Bloodlines, I'm sure you'll like Brian's future work. That's not to say we're planning a Vampire game, however.

OMG! O MY GOD! (w00t)

IB1OsQq.png

PS: T had Trias the betrayer, heck even the Nameless one was envious of him .

I just did an impulsive wiki check on this character.

VOICED BY STAR TREK: TNG's Q!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

X-Fire NWN2 Chat Logs

Good info. I remember Brian's name in the Bloodlines credits. :bat:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.