What are you playing now?

Darque

Just got done conquering the galaxy in Star Wars: Forces of Corruption.

Danged is the Consortium overpowered. But, overpriced too. I can destroy all the bases on a planet, but I'd better be rich to try. Same goes with their turrets, probably double the cost of Imperial/Rebel turrets, but they can ignore shields, and destroy infantry, vehicle, and air equally. .Bribery is really nice because it stops garrisoning. Corrupt Militia is nice because it makes the natives work for me and turns the planet neutral if anyone has a problem with that.

It makes me really wish they had MP galactic conquest mode. The Consortium's abilities would be so much better if you could negotiate with and threaten other players.

Edit: Oh, did I mention suicide bombing Ewoks?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm playing Oblivion. Got it for Christmas along with the downloadable contect pack.

So far I've installed the BT mod, Obscuro's mod and various landscape mods. I have yet to start an actual game.

Are there any mods out there that have offer pre-generated faces? I can't get mine to look more decent than a fat drunkard. :(

I had the rollermine with me which distracted them a little

:D I'm glad someone else decided to try that too. That thing is a killer.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Final Fantasy...uh, something Roman numeral-ish.  You know, the one with the emo metrosexual protagonist who meet that girl, then loses girl before saving the world.

Right.. that would be 7-12?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Currently conquering the world with France in Medieval 2: Total War. But I think I'm done with that now. Time to go back to FF:XII and Smackdown vs Raw.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm still playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines aka as the All-World Game Title Puntuation Champ.

And working through Night Watch, Sacred Gold and Freedom Force (as a lead up to taking on the Third Reich in part 2!)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I had the rollermine with me which distracted them a little

:D I'm glad someone else decided to try that too. That thing is a killer.

I discovered that it can kill headcrabs. Dropped it in the mine before I jumped down and watched it roll over all the little headcrabs. Also it works quite nicely when fired at fast zombies. It was such a pain to keep it with me though. On the section with the basket that you rid across to the church I had run back down to the streets to pick up the ball half a dozen times because it kept rolling off the edge in search of my zombies. :p

Still playing X-Com2: Terror from the Deep

Gathering enough courage to assault the first of three discovered alien bases :ph34r:

Somewhere, deep down in my mind I just dread doing that. Memories from a time long ago when playing it tells me that it's going to be hard the first couple of times... Endless lobstermen, floating brains, enemy blast launchers.

My poor aquanauts :'(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gathering enough courage to assault the first of three discovered alien bases  :ph34r:

Somewhere, deep down in my mind I just dread doing that. Memories from a time long ago when playing it tells me that it's going to be hard the first couple of times... Endless lobstermen, floating brains, enemy blast launchers.

My poor aquanauts  :'(

Do you run it in Windows XP or do you play it on an older system?

(I ask because I want to play but can't get it to run properly on WinXP).

Not even in compatibility mode?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I can run it but it doesn't play very well. Sometimes it's superspeedy(don't ask me to use Turbo or crap like that, I won't) or uncontrollable, etc.

I was able to run it ok with DOSbox a while ago but I don't like it. Is there a version built for XP, like on a CD or something?

The closest I have seen of X Com that can be used without DOSbox or similar software is the X Com like game UFO Aftermath and UFO Aftershock.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I can run it but it doesn't play very well. Sometimes it's superspeedy(don't ask me to use Turbo or crap like that, I won't) or uncontrollable, etc.

I was able to run it ok with DOSbox a while ago but I don't like it. Is there a version built for XP, like on a CD or something?

There was a special windows 95 version released quite a while back. I was lucky to find one in a bargain bin.

Together with a "hack" (actually, a loader for the main exe file) from the net which also has to be run in compatibility mode and WDMSound it runs nicely on Windows XP Pro SR2 :)

Edit: Come to think of it, it might not have been bargain bin. Darn, It's too long ago >_

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Making my way up the coast again. The rollermine is still with me.

d2coast0400005qt.th.jpg

It keeps shocking my buggy every few seconds which throws off my steering. It works well as a distraction against antlions, but Combine soldiers don't seem to want to shoot at it. My allies on the other hand seem only too happy to shoot my poor rollermine. >_<

Gathering enough courage to assault the first of three discovered alien bases  :ph34r:

My poor aquanauts  :'(

Lobstermen are insanely difficult to kill until you can research and build the vibroblade, thermic lance, and heavy TL. Then its lobster soup for everyone! I've found the best way to take them down before then is surround one with a bunch of aquanauts armed with gauss rifles and autofire the lobsterman into unconsciousness. Even though the sonic weapons are more powerful, they don't have autofire capability. Even the super powerful but incredibly slow sonic cannon takes several shots to drop a lobsterman. If you can get a line of fire, several snipers armed with sonic canons using aimed shot can pop a lobsterman from long range. That can be a tough situation to setup though.

Molecular control attacks can also be useful once you get it researched and some of your aquanauts trained.

Don't even bother with the disruptor pulse launcher. I've seen lobsterman withstand three or four direct hits. Their resistance to explosive damage is through the roof.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Might pick up Enchanted Arms. It has the look of a low grade JRPG knock off but between now and Mass Effects release I figured it might be worth a play through. It received kinda middling reviews, anyone here know how it plays? Have I underestimated it, at all?