What are you playing now?

Darque

SiN: Emergence

The game is absolutely insane on the higher difficulty levels... Real test for FPS fanatics.

I am also still playing the original SiN - it was a real shame this game came out at the same time as HL - it is well driven plot/action FPS. Emergence looks awesome. I just hope Ritual will be able to keep to its Episode instalment hope :?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Darkstar One?  :mellow:

a bad clone of Freelancer, but still better than nothing, or to play a linear story game again (ergo install and play Freelancer again while you already know what, when happens)

That was my attempt at a disgust emote. I tried the demo out, it became unplayable by level 3. If you don't do a specific progression, the enemies level to be too hard.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm playing GTA: SA the second time through; I can't wait to finish this so that I may start Vice City over again.

Great game Vice City. The 80's tracks are timeless stuff :mellow:

Absolutely; besides for me it brings back memories of childhood, having grown up in the 80s----what a nice touch that Commodore 64 loading screen was, at the beginning! For all its enhancements, San Andreas doesn't quite capture Vice City's distinctive 'aura', I believe; and Tommy Vercetti has to be the greatest anti-game-hero around.

But then, a few minutes ago I uninstalled all versions of GTA, Civilization and Kotor from my hard drive----I had to act before they sapped all my wits; I'm supposed to be writing an MA thesis nowadays!

So I'll have to be content with Turrican on the Amiga emulator for the coming few months....

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

- The endlessly spawning fast headcrabs at the bottom of the Ravenholm mine shaft (on the way out) are over the top. They appear out of thin air and immediately run for me. This ruins an otherwise perfect visit to Ravenholm. After the first time playing, I now simply activate the noclip cheat and pass to the other side of the fence. No point in wasting ammo on creatures I can't kill.

Are you talking about the big open area with a few steps and ladders, and some catwalks, with the fence you have to jump across?

Because I don't remember enemies respawning there either.

- The endlessly spawning fast headcrabs at the bottom of the Ravenholm mine shaft (on the way out) are over the top. They appear out of thin air and immediately run for me. This ruins an otherwise perfect visit to Ravenholm. After the first time playing, I now simply activate the noclip cheat and pass to the other side of the fence. No point in wasting ammo on creatures I can't kill.

Are you talking about the big open area with a few steps and ladders, and some catwalks, with the fence you have to jump across?

Because I don't remember enemies respawning there either.

Yes. I'm probably the only FPS player who likes to explore areas rather than run through them at light speed, so as usual I'm the only one to notice the trigger-controlled endless spawns. Next time you're there, stay on the floor and shoot headcrabs. Pretty soon the pattern of spawning will appear. One from the corner of a building, another from some other dark corner, etc. Until you leave the area, they keep coming.

Nah, they don't spawn. There's just a lot of them and they're spread out. I've killed them all on a couple of my dozen playthroughs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes. I'm probably the only FPS player who likes to explore areas rather than run through them at light speed, so as usual I'm the only one to notice the trigger-controlled endless spawns. Next time you're there, stay on the floor and shoot headcrabs. Pretty soon the pattern of spawning will appear. One from the corner of a building, another from some other dark corner, etc. Until you leave the area, they keep coming.

Err, I didn't exactly zip through the level.

Though I shot them all from the catwalks before going down.

SiN: Emergence

The game is absolutely insane on the higher difficulty levels... Real test for FPS fanatics.

I am also still playing the original SiN - it was a real shame this game came out at the same time as HL - it is well driven plot/action FPS. Emergence looks awesome. I just hope Ritual will be able to keep to its Episode instalment hope :?

I actually bought Sin over Half-Life. The only real problem was the walloping amount of bugs in the initial release version. I couldn't get past the second or thrird mission because killing the boss in the subway car didn't open up the tunnel to the next level. By the time the 80 MB patch was released I was playing Half Life and never went back.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Nah, they don't spawn.  There's just a lot of them and they're spread out.  I've killed them all on a couple of my dozen playthroughs.

They did the four times I played through. I just stood there and watched the fast headcrabs repeat the same pattern over and over and over. I lost count after several dozen spawned (one at a time), ran the same identical path, and died. All the others were already gone. It was silly. I'll have to play through there again and take screenshots of the spawn locations. They're as predictable as the sun rising in the morning.

Yeah, they do spawn. I know since I am the exploring type and spend ever so long in that darn pit, trying out different methods to get back up the shaft and just playing around.

My first playthrough of HL2 probably took something near 45 hours. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Playing Baldur's Gate 2. At the moment I am heading to Brynnlaw.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester