Anime recommendations

Zoma

I've lost my manhood two days ago. I watched two eps of Princess Tutu :thumbsup:

Worst thing is that when you manage to overlook shoujo part of series (and terrible seiyu of Tutu) it seems to be quite freaking good. Modern fairy tale

Oh, and balet has BIG role in series so... :dancing:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Fillers ended and with next episode of Naruto good fights and more or less decent plot begins. I feel all warm and tingly inside.

Yes, finally! :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Fillers ended and with next episode of Naruto good fights and more or less decent plot begins. I feel all warm and tingly inside.

what?!?! I thought naruto was realeased every Wednesday?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, finally! :)

It's actually pretty decent, now that I've watched the three non-filler episodes out.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

At first I wasn't sure that filler arcs were bad, but Bleach has certainly gotten better within the last few episodes... Last episode I noticed they didn't even mention the characters they added in the filler.

I dled the new episodes so far in the newest arc. I've only watched 2 of them out of like 6 and it's pretty bad in my opinion. I mean the first episode made me think it was still fillers and the second didn't help either. I mean it just didn't have a good transition from filler to main story like naruto. The first naruto after filler was awesome, it did a nice job of showing whats to come in the future but also keeps to when it left off just like 2 and a half years later. Bleach was just like some hollow attacks and theres filler characters that I'd never seen before and references to the filler and the one archer dude lost all of his powers instead of just some where bleach last left off.

Btw I just finished watching 49 agonizing episodes of Gundam Seed out of 50. It's been a long predictable and largely over dramatic but comedic road with more than a few snags along the way. If it wasn't for the many horriblly awesome voiced over crying scenes that sounds like someone is stabbed the emo kid in the leg with a molten hot butter knife I may have stopped watching but it was just too funny to pass up.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I dled the new episodes so far in the newest arc. I've only watched 2 of them out of like 6 and it's pretty bad in my opinion. I mean the first episode made me think it was still fillers and the second didn't help either. I mean it just didn't have a good transition from filler to main story like naruto. The first naruto after filler was awesome, it did a nice job of showing whats to come in the future but also keeps to when it left off just like 2 and a half years later. Bleach was just like some hollow attacks and theres filler characters that I'd never seen before and references to the filler and the one archer dude lost all of his powers instead of just some where bleach last left off.

Btw I just finished watching 49 agonizing episodes of Gundam Seed out of 50. It's been a long predictable and largely over dramatic but comedic road with more than a few snags along the way. If it wasn't for the many horriblly awesome voiced over crying scenes that sounds like someone is stabbed the emo kid in the leg with a molten hot butter knife I may have stopped watching but it was just too funny to pass up.

Gundam Seed IIRC is just the producers saying "well lets see.... americans LOVED Gundam wing but didn't go ape over 0079. What if we took both of them and put them together and add a subplot about two enemies being the best of friends?"

ie they took the teenage superheroes and supermechs from Wing and melded it onto the plot of 0079 then added CGI and sent it to production.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No much time for computer lately, but the time I've had I've been watching Ergo Proxy and Monster.

As Muso? has already said, Ergo Proxy is awesome. Definetly not my favorite show ever but its very good and hooking. Oh, and Radiohead is big plus.

Monster is even better, I am off to episode 25 and totally hooked. None other anime has ever hooked me like this. However, my Top 3 yet prevails. This is fantastic anime, but it loses on last meters and I've heard that coming fillers are pretty meh, but I will make my own judgement after seeing them... Monster has chance to get in my Top 3. Only future tells does it get in there :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Haven't finished yet so don't know how much there exactly is,

oh, and I liked NGE's last two eps so... :thumbsup:

Ergo has like 6 big mind**** episodes, and I adore all of them. Especially the second to last one, theme park episode. Goddamn brilliant.

And btw:

post-9032-1172575456_thumb.jpg

GTO is awesome. I got so many recommendations that I had to try and so far it's hilarious.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I just started to watch Death Note. A pretty unusual anime from those that i've seen before, very dark and gloomy. Episodes 1-7 would qualify as one of the best that i've seen.

Also, you got to love the new intro. :rolleyes:

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's a pretty interesting anime; but it starts to fail after a while. I can't tell you episodes as I read the manga, but the first story-arc, i.e. Yagami Light (Raito) vs L, is quite very interesting; but the second and third story arcs are really just stretchign it, and it gets rather stupid, and they run out of good, plausible brain tricks.

I'd say it goes downhill from when the girl comes in.

Yeah, the first volume with Misa is good and the second decent, but then it goes downhill fast.

I finished all the anime I was watching and am currently looking for some decent ones. Ones such as Pumpkin Scissors:

ps.jpg

The setup is like an allegory to second world war - the Empire has had a bloody long war with the Nation of Frost(curiously like Russia and Germany) and now it has finally ended in a truce. The world is finally picking things up where they were left at the start of the war, but everyone is desperate for supplies, sanitation and general war relief. Soldiers have become bandits and local aristrocrats rule almost autonomously, distancing themselves from government and becoming local despots. Into all this comes the Imperial Army State Section III - Pumpkin Scissors. A tool against corruption, hunger and war damages, named so by it's tomboyish would-be hero field leader, Alice Malvin. While doing a routine reconnaissance mission, they hit the jackpot and find corporal Randel Oland. He joins the regiment in hopes to perhaps remedy his past sins.

Now here's where it becomes animeish: Pumpkin Scissors(which seems to have only six working members, one of them a golden retriever with a tendency to bite the wrong stuff) slowly starts to find bits of information on the silent but kind Oland. He's a huge giant of guy, but seems okay once you get to know him. Well, that is until he opens the hatch of his blue lantern and suddenly gains superhuman tenacity and can take on tanks with just his antitank pistol. Neat ability, too bad it also comes with compulsory nightmares of red soldiers marching on a killing field and chanting "T

kirottu said:

Although I haven't finished the series, I recommend Berserk. I heard the ending was lame, but from what I've seen so far, it is worth watching even if the ending is as bad as Evangelion.

Edit: If you wanted to know, Berserk was recently uploaded on Youtube. I was surprised to find it only just being uploaded when I first started watching it about a month ago.

Edited by Blank

Although I haven't finished the series, I recommend Berserk. I heard the ending was lame, but from what I've seen so far, it is worth watching even if the ending is as bad as Evangelion.

Edit: If you wanted to know, Berserk was recently uploaded on Youtube. I was surprised to find it only just being uploaded when I first started watching it about a month ago.

I thought the entire show kind of really blew to be honest. The ending is just mad rape times and such and isn't even an ending more of just like well this just happened and we aren't going to continue, too bad lolz.

But anyways I'm currently watching the new Bleach arc, I just dled all of the busou renkin episodes but havent watched any yet, and I just completed dling AIR and will hopefully watch that soon, I've also been watching Code Geass though I don't know why since it's not that great. And I think I might discontinue my not watching death note since if its going to suck at the end hardcore I might as well watch it when its wonderful and slowly starts to crumple into horribleness. I have so much stuff to watch but so little time. ;)

Eh, the two endings share no similarities. Berserk doesn't even end has such, they just stopped making episodes, the manga story goes on while the anime one is a stub. Evangelion just had an end thats meaning is open for discussion.

kirottu said:

Eh, the two endings share no similarities. Berserk doesn't even end has such, they just stopped making episodes, the manga story goes on while the anime one is a stub. Evangelion just had an end thats meaning is open for discussion.

Exactly, and the ending of the anime version of Berserk wasn't "lame". A mindf*ck would be a better description. A highly recommended anime btw.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I just finished Berserk and feel I should warn about extremely mature content. It was lame that it had to end like that. But I realized the first episode is chronologically after the final one, so I watched that and had some feelings of closure.

Edited by Blank

Sweet God, I'll never understand GAINAX. How can company be even worse than EA, milking money better than most other companies (and getting their President in jail for tax evasion) in whole fricking world and at the same time, making top-class animes like Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL, Gunbusters and Furikuri? It doesn't make sense at all. I want to hate them for their horrible merchandising, especially that of NGE. When in trouble, let's just release new set of hentai/Eva/teh Rei Ayanami/weird **** figures! Not to mention making some popular doujinshis "official" to just get more money. Oh, and rerererererereleasing stuff in new boxes, being nearly as bad as GL himself. Gah!

How can such greedy, horrible company make so damn great animes? It. Doesn't. Make. Sense. At. All.

Oh, and if someone wonders why I'm now pissed of, here's teh answer:

New GAINAX Evangelion project, currently known as “Puchi Eva EVANGELION@SCHOOL,” has been revealed. A line of figurines will kickoff this newly announced SD series — supposedly aimed at a teen audience.

Characters designs by Hamamoto Ryuusuke and packaged by Yotsuba Stuidios.

Link

CHIBI Evangelion? CHIBI ****ING EVANGELION? What the ****? Blasphemy!

Oh, and Rei is - I mean are - three ****ing sisters, Yui is "student leader", Asuka and Shinji are "old friends" and Misato is teacher just like in Angelic Days.

Poor shokogi/Eva 01! What have they done to you? You're like high school bully for christ's sake! GAHHH

It's Gainax - whores till very end. :teehee:

eva_newproject07_resize.jpg

Pictures of this new EVA... and the goddamn toys.

:lol:

Edited by Xard

Someone needs to make a Chibi mod for Neverwinter Nights 2.

CHIBI NEESHKA!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I smell marketing / creative management overriding the symbol creator.

edit: but then, hey, I love school life anime. :yucky:

Edited by Tigranes