Pet Peeves

x1Predator

Is it? I thought it sounded too technical a description. I reacll one Aussie telling me I was a good bloke because I 'knew the rules'. But when I asked what they were he just shrugged. "You either know 'em or you don't. You, you know the rules."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I reacll one Aussie telling me I was a good bloke because I 'knew the rules'. But when I asked what they were he just shrugged. "You either know 'em or you don't. You, you know the rules."

Sounds like his own way of saying he likes you/have the same values/on the same wavelength. Not a uniquely Australian term anyway.

Do you wear black makeup too?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

R.A. Salvatore's way of writing dialogue for Catti-Brie and the dwarves in general. But particularly Catti-Brie. I can't stand it. I can't stand it. I can't stand it....

I love Drizzt's character, story, and some of his foes, but I loathe Salvatore's writing - tho he has gotten a bit better over the years.

Salavatore's writing in general. :("

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Fantasy writing in general, and the people who talk about it as if it was all written by Kafka and Dostoevsky.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Why dislike all Aussie slang? It's no worse than any other slang...

I think Purgatorio is an Aussie... and possibly an evil language fascist!! Like metadigital!! :bat:

Me? :ermm:

I shouldn't generalise, because "chunder" is alright. I just think the correct use of a language, and what makes up that language is important.

For example: A "Mate" is what an animal finds to procreate with, it is also used to describe said, "procreation". I agree with what Libby Gore said about the use of the word "mate" which was something like; "It sounds like a sheep rooting.... MAAAAAAATE!"

I don't understand why Victorians pronounce "Newcastle" the normal way (the 'a' like 'ar' in car). But then pronounce "Castlemaine" with the 'a' sounding like the 'a' in 'prat'. Why is it so difficult for them?

Howdy y'all, is the same as "G'Day mate".  :angry: I hate Yobs, and Bogans. Architect's friend sounds like one of them.

I have developed an irrational (perhaps) dislike of all Australian slang, "Little Aussie Battler," "Fair Dinkum," "true blue," and John Howard.

Nationalism.

It bugs me when Howard rambles on about "mateship" being something greater than "friendship". It's a load of hairy bollocks.

^That is why.

I was watching SBS and Bronwyn Bishop went all, national pride, self righteous indignation, and "HOW DARE YOU USE THAT TERM!" when a muslim said "a Fair go." :brows: This "fair go" is restricted to the white populous? What are these "Aussie values" anyway?

I also hate those knob heads at international sporting events that yell "Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi!"

I have already said that I don't like politicians in velour track suits that use public events to pose. What a complete frigging idiot he is.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Here are some commute nitpicks, since I have the joy of commuting 60 miles per day on a crowded country highway through various farming hickvilles of the northwestern USA. (I feel sorry for truckdrivers who have to travel roads like this one all day long.)

Yes, I know cities have potentially bigger issues, but thankfully I can avoid traveling in/through cities most of the time.

- Drivers who have plenty of time to turn onto the highway, but wait until I'm right there to pull out in front of me

- Drivers who don't maintain a relatively constant rate of speed, varying by as much as 30mph in how fast they drive from minute to minute (makes cruise control useless)

- Drivers who are incapable of driving faster than 45 mph on the highway, yet will gladly do 10-15 over the limit while in town

- Farm equipment that does 25-30 mph on the highway and will not pull over until it gets to its destination (typically 10+ miles of travel)

- Oncoming traffic on passing straightaways, no oncoming traffic on corners

- two-lane country highways

- Any of the above resulting in being stuck behind the same idiot for 10+ minutes (feels like an eternity at 6 a.m. when it's dark outside)

There are some days when I get the distinct feeling that these people are conspiring against me. It's eerie. :(

I travel with hundreds of people each day, and most are courteous drivers. It's those few from the lower planes who tend to stay in a person's memory.

Edited by Wistrik

I dislike emoticons generally, but have got used to them. It's like speaking Latin when in Rome.

I think Purgatorio is an Aussie... and possibly an evil language fascist!! Like metadigital!! ;)

But ... I like Australian slang! You drongo!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I dislike emoticons generally, but have got used to them. It's like speaking Latin when in Rome.

I think Purgatorio is an Aussie... and possibly an evil language fascist!! Like metadigital!! :o

Mate, you should try spending some time down here... :D

New pet peeve: free pr0n sites that aren't really free. Kandy Kleavage, how could you lie to me? ;)

I thought you were a Belladonna fan?

I think I'll add bot programmers and virus programmers to my pet peeves.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think Purgatorio is an Aussie... and possibly an evil language fascist!! Like metadigital!! :(

Mate, you should try spending some time down here... :D

New pet peeve: free pr0n sites that aren't really free. Kandy Kleavage, how could you lie to me? :p

I thought you were a Belladonna fan?

I think I'll add bot programmers and virus programmers to my pet peeves.

That and whoever thought up pop up coding.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

New pet peeve: free pr0n sites that aren't really free. Kandy Kleavage, how could you lie to me? :bat:

Practice?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.