Pet Peeves

x1Predator

*leaves his headphones in, and stares blankly*

Yes to everything you just said.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

*leaves his headphones in, and stares blankly*

Yes to everything you just said.

sounds like taking an order in drive through...

"Ma'am do you want that grilled or crispy?"

"yes"

"..."

<ooook... crispy it is!>

also people who decide it's only been five minutes... you can still serve breakfast!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

1. The "funny guy" who yells "Play 'Free Bird'" up at the band. It's just so original! No one has ever done that before. I'm sure everyone thinks you are very, very clever.

"Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever! KILL 'EM ALL ADOLF!" - Bill Hicks after someone yelled Freebird at him.

Actually, the yelling of "Freebird" was originally meant as an insult. It's meant to be shouted at someone terrible.

:D

My current pet peeve: People who hate Bill Hicks

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

:D

My current pet peeve: People who hate Bill Hicks

Funny, my pet peeve is people who look at Bill Hicks as their infallible, truth-speaking Lord God and Savior. People do that with John Lennon all the time too. It's all kinds of ironic, because I would have thought Bill Hicks would have detested anybody who didn't think for themselves.

Edited by Pop

Pet Peeves from Work...

People who don't know how to close the cooler door.

People who eats the food they are going to buy before they buy it.

People who get gas run in plop the money down and run out when I have a line of customers before them.

People who buy one dollar or less items who puts down a bill larger than a $10 USD.

People who call me sir, haus, or anything else other than my name. If you don't know my name it means I don't want to know you.

People who take an hour to decide what to get then only gets a 99 cent bag of chips.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Pet Peeves from Work...

People who get gas run in plop the money down and run out when I have a line of customers before them.

People who buy one dollar or less items who puts down a bill larger than a $10 USD.

People who call me sir, haus, or anything else other than my name.  If you don't know my name it means I don't want to know you.

People who take an hour to decide what to get then only gets a 99 cent bag of chips.

Well they can always call you boy.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Pet Peeves from Work...

People who call me sir, haus, or anything else other than my name.  If you don't know my name it means I don't want to know you.

;)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pet Peeves from Work...

Or the can do what is right and not call me anything. They are to buy things, not to socialize. Another major pet peeve of mine is when a co-worker is late. I hate it when people are late. I always show up 15 to 10 minutes early to work to make sure I am on time. It is the responsible thing to do. Today was the third time my replacement was late and this time a whole hour and 10 minutes late! This time her excuse was "I didn't turn on my alarm." BOO FREAKING HOO! Take responsibility and don't pull crap like that. If you can't show up on time for work fine another job where you can.

Grrr...

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

If we all turned up early to work we'd waste just as many hundreds of man hours, you know... I'd rather my employees were one minute late than one minute early.

Then I can TRASH THEM WITIHIN AN INCHJ OF THEIR LIVES!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If I were your employee, Walsh, I'd come in late every day just to get a good thrashing. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Secret ploy for work politics ascendency number 37: arrive earlier than the boss / other co-workers.

Then one can see the others arrive, usually harried, and they see only a composed and already working person ... immediate psychological win.

Also good to stay later than others, because then one is seen as always working (earlier and later). doesn't take long for them to break down and cry and admit their inferiority.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Pet Peeves from Work...

Yep, I've done all of those. In a single visit too. I guess the behaviour can be attributed to a specific thing.

Seriously though, you need to chill... dawg.

I like to buy a token item to get change for a large note ... I know a friend of mine who used to get embarassed by his father's antics: he used to go into McDonalds and have them make change for $100 note. :))

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh yeah, that reminds me of another pet peeve: London Underground.

London Underground :lol:

Mods who think :) is spam but "it's nice" isn't. Same thing damnit!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

People who can't relax and worry over every little detail like their lives depended on them being just right.

Relax. Breeeathe. It's not that important that you should drive yourself to distraction over it.

- Everlast

Secret ploy for work politics ascendency number 37: arrive earlier than the boss / other co-workers.

Then one can see the others arrive, usually harried, and they see only a composed and already working person ... immediate psychological win.

Also good to stay later than others, because then one is seen as always working (earlier and later). doesn't take long for them to break down and cry and admit their inferiority.

I'm often five to 10 minutes late for work. On those occasions, I try to stay five to 10 minutes late to make up for it though.

The big boss is content as long as we are sitting at our desks for eight hours a day and looking busy. I'm sure they notice me slinking in at 9:05 a.m., so I make sure they notice when I'm leaving later then my co-workers.

Of course, the boss of daily operations is in the office an extra half hour before everyone gets there and a half hour after everyone leaves, so I don't think I'll be upstaging him anytime soon.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Pet peeve: People that stand on the wrong side of escalators in Tube stations.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of another pet peeve: London Underground.

Particularly people who seem to be in a real hurry getting ahead of you onto the escalator only to just stand there, on the wrong side, as if they had all the time in the world.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God