Volourn's Wowwy Journey With NWN2:Spoiler Edition

Volourn

Oh, I only mention Sawyer's name because he's the most likely to answer these questions. I would not presume to point fingers, especially with this particular Ferret/Sawyer situation. It's more the desire to find out what they were trying to do, and if it succeeded and I just disagree with them, or if it didn't work quite so well.

And hell, roshan, you're still pretty vitriolic, but for once I have to agree. :wacko:

Of course, we forget that Shandra is the awesomest party member evar, unlike stupid Neeshka who is the worst party member evar, game over. :)

I recall JE saying that the mandatory NPCs is not a choice he would have made but when he came aboard it was too late to change it.

I personally didn't mind it so much. I think having everyone hanging out at the Flagon or the keep is fine and while I can udnerstand the frustration of having to bring certain NPCs to certain maps, I don't share it.

The only real issue I have with it all is Ammon Jerro. I liked the character and didn't mind having him around per se, I just feel a role-playing choice of killing him would have been nice.

So, I'm well past the point that I got the Collector's Mansion quest, but nonetheless I decided to undertake it, seeing as how I didn't get the chance my first playthrough. Trouble is, the mansion door is locked, and I don't have the key :) do you have to track down the key, or must I have dropped it somewhere, or what?

That's odd, I don't remember doing anything to get in there. You do have Neeshka with you? Have you done the Leldon Coin quest?

After going through the entire campaign, I can count on one hand the number of keys I used. More often than not, the game locks/unlocks doors based on quest flags. It tells you a key is required, but this a generic message and usually isn't true.

My stronghold is better than the first time, as one might expect. I left my recruiting standards at Greycloak level and managed to end up with 157 soldiers total. This time I focused on getting them good weapons and armor early, and that helped immensely with their special missions. If you're careful searching for ore deposits, and giving yourself an extra point for the bugged deposit, you can get the best weapons and second best armor very early.

I found out Light of Heaven hangs out next to the old church, near the wall, and way off the beaten path. I'm not sure why she prefers to be isolated like that, unless it's due to her aasimar heritage. Her sister certainly isn't as shy. It's a shame there's no dialog option to let the player arrange a meeting between the two sisters, as Joy mentions she hasn't seen her sister in some time.

Khelgar is probably going to remain a fighter in this game. I focused him on warhammers so he'll do a better job with Torim's hammer.

The scripted portions of the game are more irritating this time around because I know what I need to do and they keep slowing me down. There are several sequences where I'll get up and do something else while the game goes from NPC to NPC, area to area, through yet another 10 minute cutscene. It gets old. I find myself wondering "Can I play yet? Can I play yet?". I learned the hard way to save the game immediately after such a cutscene so I don't have to put up with it again if I have to reload for any reason.

The gem mines in Arvahn seem oddly constructed, and thus out of place compared to the other structures in the area. Why is there a library and troop facilities in a gem mine? Assuming the troop facilities were for the defense of the mine, why are they behind a library full of flammable materials? This area should consist almost entirely of mining tunnels. Instead its like there are three different areas merged into one.

I didn't play the game much last week, partly due to the more annoying parts which were really grating this second time through. Once I finally finish this session, I'm going to get serious with the toolset and make myself a module that won't feature any of the annoyances of the OC. (Well, things that annoy me, like forced party configuration, contrived dialogs, Monty Haul treasure drops, and long cutscenes.) I'm presently almost ready to talk to Nevalle and trigger the events leading to the siege. I'll finish the game in no time once that starts.

My influence with Elanee is 24 now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wistrik

It's a shame there's no dialog option to let the player arrange a meeting between the two sisters, as Joy mentions she hasn't seen her sister in some time.

In my first game, once I got them working for me, both sisters appeared inside the church of Tyr thanked me. It didn't happen on my second playthrough though, possibly because I had built the monk monastery instead.

Drat, I missed that. Probably one of those moments when I entered the courtyard only to have the game take control and whisk me off to yet another random area. Sigh. I really hope any expansion Obsidian makes will give the player more control over what he's going to do and when, like in most other CRPGs.

Edit: by the way, when I killed the dragon in Mt. Galardrym, I was able to have the Greycloaks transfer the treasure to the keep. This netted us 200,000 gold in the keep's coffers. Something to keep in mind if you've been looking for an alternate source of gold for structural renovation.

Edited by Wistrik

You have to rebuild the right part of the keep.

Edit: Guyven is the name, I think.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Check inside, next to the kitchen.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

There has been numerous cases of Guyven not appearing despite the fulfillment of all prerequisites.

I've done it all, and I only have the tower to build - just got to act 3, we shall see, I suppose.

Second game, no errors with Guyven not appearing in the keep in Act 2. Must be good fortune. In Ember revisted, I always talk to him before completing Nya's quest, and before leaving the town via the well or some other option. Perhaps doing it in some other order causes the glitch.

I keep getting my butt handed to me by a Lizardman shaman in act III.  Seriously...I need a new strategy or something.

Beat the crap out of the shaman with melee fighters?

He turns into some wierd earth elemental after I beat him down the first time. Basically, he cheats.

I keep getting my butt handed to me by a Lizardman shaman in act III.  Seriously...I need a new strategy or something.

Beat the crap out of the shaman with melee fighters?

He turns into some wierd earth elemental after I beat him down the first time. Basically, he cheats.

So he turns into an earth elemental. Beat him down again. :ermm:

EDIT: Who do you have in your party?

Edited by Deraldin

Where in the keep is he, anyway?

He's in a little room next to the kitchen in the wing opposite the library.

The Lizard Shaman completely heals himself a few times. I lost count while I was busy attacking him. He uses the "min_hp1" cheat to prevent his own death, and a script triggers his dialog when it decides he's taken enough punishment.

Edited by Wistrik

I don't remember him turning into elemental in my 1.00 playthrough. I just did that part and got absolutely pummelled... especially because the Batha guards suddenly become hostile at the same time. It's also hard to backstab a huge earth elemental because he's so big and you keep getting stuck on his collison box.

I don't know about that though, Wistrik - For me, it was first incaranation, heal + elemental shapeshift, then heal + back to normal, then death. It's good, NWN2 needs harder battles. He also casts that nasty Bigby's Something spell.

Now that I'm replaying NWN.... something has occured to me.

NWN2 was pretty linear :huh:

It has a solid story, which makes up for it.... but I am rather enjoying NWN's diablo-ish style. :)

NWN2 definitely has a more KOTOR-ish feel to the way the narrative hurtles your through the game.

As for NWN's diablo-ness, I'd much rather play Diablo :p