KotOR2 confirmed at 1Up.com

No, I think I would want to represent Revan as truly evil and malicious, especially where Zaalbar is concerned. Force Persuading Zaalbar to kill his best friend would be truly evil, and Revan isn't above killing children.

I agree. Making Revan the villain opens many more options. First, it surpasses the previous villain, Malak. Second, it allows the PC to persue a path completely independant of what was done in kotor 1. Third, it adds alot of mistique knowing that you are now fighting against your PC in kotor. Also, mabe you could turn Bastila to your side and... (mumbles something under his breath) But Obsidian is not doing that. Rumors seem to suggest it will take place 1000 years after kotor, which kinda sucks for me.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb!

prostytutka

Shadowpaladin: But aeris was quite heavily involved in the story throughout disc 1. She was very central to the midgar story, along with tifa, and the temple of the ancients, and all that. not to mention it is very, very hard to date someone other than aeris (due to the coding).

Shadowpaladin: But aeris was quite heavily involved in the story throughout disc 1. She was very central to the midgar story, along with tifa, and the temple of the ancients, and all that. not to mention it is very, very hard to date someone other than aeris (due to the coding).

During my first two passes through FFVII I never got to date Aeris but instead I met up with Tifa. Thing is that it is not that hard to get another date than Aeris, you just have to be nice to Tifa and choose the knight instead of the wizard during the "theatre"...

Wow, now THAT made a lot of sense,huh? :lol:

Yep but whenever she wasnt forced on you as a party member she wasnt in my party.

Dating Tiffa isnt that hard. But the parameters for dating Barret are quite obscure.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If the game doesn' relate to the same characters of the previous game then its not a proper sequel. A thousand years later? What the hell will it have in common with the original then beyond setting? That would be just stupid and I don't think Feargus and his crew would be that stupid.

It would be like calling Icewind Dale is a sequel to Baldur's Gate.

That would be just stupid and I don't think Feargus and his crew would be that stupid.

But then... in all likelyhood they are dancing to Lucasart's whip... how much control do they really have over this?

Problem is that all Star Wars official endings is were the good guys win, also there are timeline issues since the Republic was never overthrown in its 25.000 years of existence.

Also I dislike the "returning characters", that works on series that continue the story (like BG series or .Hack) but SWkotOR was done as a one shoot deal and there is not much to continue NPCs personal stories that were pretty much done at the end of the game,.

Also its always best to avoid using other people characters, any writter will say they rather use their characters that others people since they dont have the same kind of "insight on the character" as its creator.

Also lets not forget that Fallout 2 had little references to Fallout with the only link as that the hero was a decendent of the Fallout hero.

Trying to do a SWKotOR 2 will always end up as a failure since SWKotOR is a self contained game.

drakron.png

SP: Yes, but 7 had 3 members per party. You always had to carry cloud around, and if you had to do it with aeris too, you'd only have choice of one other; not only would it be very annoying if done for the entire cd, it would make it very hard for you to try or beef up other characters. It'd be like playing BG where you *had* to take jaheira, khalid, minsc, dynaheir.

I don't know, dating Tifa is hard if you play as a casual player... I always have aeris in my party for a decent amount of time even if I've played the game countless times and realise she's going to die. If you just hate aeris, well, it's not very hard to date Tifa then.. but a lot of people like aeris. :lol:

SP: Yes, but 7 had 3 members per party. You always had to carry cloud around, and if you had to do it with aeris too, you'd only have choice of one other; not only would it be very annoying if done for the entire cd, it would make it very hard for you to try or beef up other characters. It'd be like playing BG where you *had* to take jaheira, khalid, minsc, dynaheir.

I don't know, dating Tifa is hard if you play as a casual player... I always have aeris in my party for a decent amount of time even if I've played the game countless times and realise she's going to die. If you just hate aeris, well, it's not very hard to date Tifa then.. but a lot of people like aeris. :lol:

There were a couple of times when you had to use a specific party member, or when one of your main team. Like Cloud for a good while , was unavailable and you had to draft in a replacement.

Thats where KOTOR had a one up. Because everyone advanced at the same time when they were in your party or not it made it far easier to switch.

I dated Tifa first time. I dont know if it was just luck or if I picked up tips from FFX (where whoever you talk to first and most determines some event outcomes).

I've only played it once. It's not what I would call my favourite FF but sure people are always going to have different NPC preferences. Those who really connected with Aeris got a little extra emotion out of the game :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Thing is a proper sequel doesn't make the firt game irrelevant. Fallout 2 events are closely tied to the events in Fallout 1. The rise of the NCR is primarily tied to the events of FO1 and key characters like Tandi and Harold make their pressence felt as well does the consequences of destroying the Master, which is represented by Marcus and Broken Hills.

Anyway this isn't a discussion of Fallout, but KotOR. The Republic hasn't fallen yet in my scenerio. Revan and his crew has yet reached the core worlds and I doubt that all the Republic's resources were at the Star Forge battle. I would say 70% of it was.

Also didn't the bad guys win in Empire Strikes Back and they will most certainly win in Episode 3.

Problem is that all Star Wars official endings is were the good guys win, also there are timeline issues since the Republic was never overthrown in its 25.000 years of existence.

For the sake of keeping things straight: The DS ending of KOTOR doesn't show the republic getting overthrown. Your assuming that happens.

edit: oops, doomy already pointed this out

Also didn't the bad guys win in Empire Strikes Back and they will most certainly win in Episode 3.

Gonna have to be kind of creative with your definition of "win", I suspect.

By the end of Ep 3, most of the Jedi will be dead with the rest in hiding, and the Republic will be overthrown.

First, the DS ending shows the infinite fleet ... tes the Republic is not done yet but it cannot survive it, even if the Sith lose the Star Forge it would be a impossible to stop battle fleet.

Second, this is not .Hack// series were there is a liner design for several games and as SWKotOR ended at lv20 (max allowed in d20 system) it pretty much assures that none of the party menbers of SWKotOR can return if using the d20 system and even if they use a new system it will be a dificult to explain why someone that was at the peak (or almost) of their abilities before suddlen gets a hell lot worst.

Third, "the good guys win" official endings are a Star Wars license directive and also Ep. V was not a victory to the Empire because Vader failed to destroy the Rebel Alliance (since they escape Hoth) and failed to capture Luke with Solo being the only "victory" to a certain Hutt.

drakron.png

Second, this is not .Hack// series were there is a liner design for several games and as SWKotOR ended at lv20 (max allowed in d20 system) it pretty much assures that none of the party menbers of SWKotOR can return if using the d20 system and even if they use a new system it will be a dificult to explain why someone that was at the peak (or almost) of their abilities before suddlen gets a hell lot worst.

Yeah, that's the problem with a direct sequel, there's no way to realistically start the game without making your character weaker. I mean, you're already either the Sith Lord (DS ending) or Jedi Master (LS) and in both cases you've beaten Malak. You can't become more powerful than that, nor would you need to. Who would your enemies be? That's why if they want to use the same characters, Dark Lord Revan's idea is the best:

Making Revan the villain opens many more options. First, it surpasses the previous villain, Malak. Second, it allows the PC to persue a path completely independant of what was done in kotor 1. Third, it adds alot of mistique knowing that you are now fighting against your PC in kotor.

Players who finished the game lightside might complain but Revan always had the potential to fall again, so that's easy to explain. Fighting your own PC from KotOR is a neat twist.