NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

Yeah, Ive used the showfps command.

When I was testing patch 3, I got a random burst of 11 FPS. I was like WTFOMG!!!!!

Hmm, that's still very poor performance for those system specs. <_<

If you're having similar problems with other games/applications you should seriously consider backing up your important data and doing a clean install of Windows + latest video and sound drivers.

I dont have any problems while running other games. KOTOR for example is smooth as silk with everything on maximum settings.

BTW that 11 FPS thing was just a random 3 second sequence. My FPS on the whole has only improved by about 20 percent or so with the patch. Of course, this figure is an estimate.

However the patch seems to have made the game more unstable. When I was testing the docks, which is one of the worst areas for FPS, the game hung twice, got a blue windows screen once, and crashed once when I adjusted the resolution. However, other areas I was testing didnt seem to have any problems.

I have come across a couple of bugs. Neeshka still has no tail and I retain my Monk bonuses wearing armor.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

There has been a post at the official forums... Apparently, with the 1.03 patch, light doesnt reflect on armor and theres also something about bump maps being turned off.

Also I suppose that now theres pretty much no chance of the game ever working acceptably on my machine.

Get an eMachine. Mine works wonders. :(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Um... You can update via the updater because this is a beta patch. Also the link is page or so back. Lastly, the level cap is fine where it is. Its Dungeons and Dragons, not Demigods and Deities.

It is almost godlike.

say that to elminster

He's not almost godlike, he is borderline demigod. Frankly if he and Azuth got in a fight my money would be on Elminster. Hell, if you read his history he has been a god. Also, I know Elminster. You are no Elminster.

Edited by Sand

say that to elminster

My Pee-pee's fine thank you

He's not almost godlike, he is borderline demigod. Frankly if he and Azuth got in a fight my money would be on Elminster. Hell, if you read his history he has been a god. Also, I know Elminster. You are no Elminster.

And what setting is elminster from? How about the Drow? You can now actually be a drow and now you can only really start the career of a guy and hope he dies quickly (by drow standards). How about the rest of the chosen? Here

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

so Gromnir has been playing fora little while now, and while we is enjoying game there is a number of things that bug us to no end.

inventory management is terrible... on multiple levels. got 4/5 member party. each party member gots lots of inventory slots, so that ain't problem. nope. problems is multiple. first issue is that we ain't given a safe place to store loot. after chapter 1 ends a bunch o' places is no longer reachable... and the inn... changes. we had bunches o' stuff stored in blacksmith table at inn. crap. reload. ok. why not put everything in a more remote place less likely to change... like maybe that swamp inn? that disappeared too? crap. reload.

also, to change party members (and their inventories) one must exit inn. we now gotta take bishop with us on a mission? well casavir has some gear that would be good for him, and khelghar, and that druid tart. crap. enter/exit. every time Gromnir gets new party member or wants to craft we gets stuck spending a half hour switching out members and their 1007, 'cause we can't trust barrels.

dr and armour bonuses is... screwy. bracers o' defense should not stack with magical plate. the best magical bracers gives you an armour bonus of +8... which is what plate armour gives. is complete different from ENHANCEMENT bonus.

and who the hell comes up with nwn dr anyways? could spend an hour going on 'bout how nwn 2 dr and pnp dr is different, but we suspect that this is some sorta balance thing the developers came up with.

neither keen or wepon of impact spells seem to work... and whenever sand casts dismissal the dc critters have to overcome is 1. huh? no doubt other spells is screwed too, but those is the ones we noticed right off the bat.

ai for party spellcasters is terrible. the funny thing is that if one of those wacky spellcasters hits the paladin npc with an area effect spell, then the paladin goes hostile and attacks spellcaster. we was willing to have a spellcaster drop a fireball in the middle of our party or on self, but having npcs turn hostile on each other makes it difficult to endure. oh, and the druid chick will cast flame weapon just as soon as she runs out of higher level offensive spells. you catch that? we said OFFENSIVE. she likes to cast flame weapon on enemies. lucky for us most ghasts and zombies couldn't make use of her mistake. we use puppet mode now.

auto resurrection sucks. yeah, we get that like kotor the lives of joinable npcs is required to advance plot. unfortunately, this is d&d. obsidian did so much to improve the tactical sophistication of game, and then they hamstring their own efforts with auto-resurect.

the game is pretty clunky... but with shadows complete off we can run it with medium or high textures okie dokie. game doesn't like shadows... or trees.. or water.

crafting w/o xp costs is ridiculous. can outfit entie party with some serious hardcore weapons and stat boosters early in game. we played around with stuff a bit and were shocked. am gonna skip using until second run through game.

as far as we can tell, play a wizard or cleric or fighter not make much difference. game options not open up based on class or race. some of the talky skills may offer slightly different results, but class and race seem pointless.

please keeps in mind that Gromnir likes game, but there is things busted with it. we will mention some of the good stuff after we is finished.

oh well, back to the holiday festivities. we needed a break from all that "celebrating."

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No 20th level character is even near the equivelant of a god therefore you are making up rumours, myths, and innuendo by telling everyone 20th level is 'godlike'.

Yes, they are nearly godlike.

It is indeed great for I am right and Volourn is wrong. :(

"neither keen or wepon of impact spells seem to work."

They don't stack with improved critical or the WM special ability sadly. This happens a lot. Many spells become useless because of the 'overlap' rule.

"auto resurrection sucks. yeah, we get that like kotor the lives of joinable npcs is required to advance plot."

Sadly, the vast majority of joinables aren't really needed to advance the plot. I can think of 2 that cna be argued for; but the game could have been changed in one or two minors ways to fix the problem. I think that was a sillya rgument. NPCs are forced on you simply because Obsidian wnated it that way. Possibly for one specifc reason that i won't spoil for you as that can be found in my spoiler thread.

Sand: Don't be silly. A god's avatar is more powerful than 20th level characters. A god's power is pretty much uncaprable. In fact, a mortal can only really enter combat with a demi god. Gods of higher standing are untouchable for mortals. And, that's ebcause the vast majority of demi gods are ex mortals themselves (Velsharoon) or really, really weak older gods whose time has basiclaly passed them by (Jergal).

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

dr and armour bonuses is... screwy. bracers o' defense should not stack with magical plate. the best magical bracers gives you an armour bonus of +8... which is what plate armour gives. is complete different from ENHANCEMENT bonus.

I'm pretty sure that my Bracers of Defense didn't stack with the magical enchantment bonus of Armor.

the funny thing is that if one of those wacky spellcasters hits the paladin npc with an area effect spell, then the paladin goes hostile and attacks spellcaster. we was willing to have a spellcaster drop a fireball in the middle of our party or on self, but having npcs turn hostile on each other makes it difficult to endure.

I'm not sure at all how this happened. How on Earth were you able to even hurt a non-hostile NPC? I have nuked my own party numerous times and my NPC companions have never decided to start attacking me. I don't even think I can force them to attack myself. Are you sure the Paladin wasn't suddenly confused or charmed?

Same goes with the Flame Weapon. Is it even possible to target an enemy with it? I've never seen the AI do stuff that is impossible for myself to do, but maybe for some reason it is possible to target a buff on the enemies. I do know that there are restrictions on some targets (to my chargin as well, since I cannot Lay on Hands on an enemy Undead creature), and Flame Weapon seems like it would be one of them :\

That is why they are "almost" godlike and not actually godlike.

I still say Elminster would kick the ass of Azuth.

Edited by Sand

I'm pretty sure that my Bracers of Defense didn't stack with the magical enchantment bonus of Armor.

You are right in that it doesn't stack with the enhancement bonus, however it isn't supposed to stack with the actual armour bonus that is provided by the base item either.

You can get +16 AC with Bracers of Armour +8 and Plate Mail. You are only supposed to be able to have one or the other.