Another NWN2 Movie

Hassat Hunter

It is not turn base. Neither is NWN1 9also the Aurora), KOTOR, or the IE. It's RT w/pause, or psuedo TB.

Here's a test:

Leave the game unpaused and go away for 10 minutes. What will he happening when you return? The game will play itself - either you will be dead or the enmies will be dead.

In conclusion, it's NOT turn base.

It has similarties with turn base combat; but it's NOT turn base combat.

Game over.

whatever :(

Do we always have to bitch about this thing? It might not be true TB, but it's also not true RT either, otherwise you wouldn't have the option to stop the action and look around. It leans towards TB more than RT.

I just had to find a player with the right codecs, and I'm liking what I see here. Some of the voices are a bit grating, yes, and a lot of the animations are rough, but there's no reason the final cut of the game isn't going to be smoother. All in all, I think it looks good. I already like the Dwarven character :( Tiefling isn't so bad, really, either.

Just another month...

Continual Turb-Based featuring Pause?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Anyone seriously used the pause button in Kotor2? >_<

(okay; may be because of the AI being "clever" to nuke all your given orders; but still :D)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Anyone seriously used the pause button in Kotor2?  >_<

(okay; may be because of the AI being "clever" to nuke all your given orders; but still  :D)

Having a rather weak character, HP-wise, I had to micromanage every aspect of

]the floating lightsaber fight

, otherwise I'd get my ass handed to me

So... NWN1+2, the IE, and KOTOR series all have the same combat system as TOEE?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah. D20 and/or DnD

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Who the hell cares if it's TB or RT? The fact is the game *plays* with simultaneous movements and therefore the animations are not up to scratch. It's horribly to see them take one swing then stand exactly still, not even in tension, for 5 seconds. Also nobody really reacts when you hit them except when you die, and even that has some disturbing delays.

It is not turn base. Neither is NWN1 9also the Aurora), KOTOR, or the IE. It's RT w/pause, or psuedo TB.

Here's a test:

Leave the game unpaused and go away for 10 minutes. What will he happening when you return? The game will play itself - either you will be dead or the enmies will be dead.

In conclusion, it's NOT turn base.

It has similarties with turn base combat; but it's NOT turn base combat.

No.

Look at the log. Do the characters attack each other regularly, with each one taking a turn?

Yes.

Turn-based.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yup. I play TOEE. Then I play NWN. I feel like I'm playing the same exact combat. It's amazing how that connection never presented itself previously. Oustide of the fact they're both D&D. :)

WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. There's a reason why both BIO, and Obsidian (as well as BIS) always use the fact that the IE, Aurora, and KOTOR engines are real time with pause as the reason why x feature from pnp can't be implemented at all or in the same way as it would in pnp.

Imagine that. :lol:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Based on that video I was sorely disappointed how the game looked and played. :ermm:

I thought the game looked great.