Bioshock - first public footage

Llyranor

Surreptishus:

"That trailer came out after Llyranor posted the link."

I figured that out when I finished downloading the second video and watched it. Still, if the original poster comes back, I'd appreciate it if they added an FYI with the link.

In other news...

Given that the original SS was eclipsed by DOOM and SS 2 was eclipsed by HalfLife, I wonder if BioShock is going to inherit the SS curse.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Define "eclipsed."

Because both Doom and Half-Life came out prior to System Shock and System Shock 2, respectively.

Doom was really close to System Shock though.

I think System Shock 2 came out less than six months after Half-Life.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Surreptishus:

"That trailer came out after Llyranor posted the link."

I figured that out when I finished downloading the second video and watched it. Still, if the original poster comes back, I'd appreciate it if they added an FYI with the link.

Done.

I will be surprised if this doesn't earn a Restricted rating endorsement, especially in Europe, with the ability to attack little girl-shaped monsters.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow, woah!

That was pretty awesome. I especially liked the bugs part. Super-original and totally unexpected.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I for one am getting sick and tired of the creepy girls in games and movies. It all started with that damned Ring movie. Now every other horror game has a girl dressed up in her propper little gown and tries to spook you. It was kind of creepy at first in the ring... but it really is wearing thin for me.

It has become a bit of a joke.

I recently watched a long preview vid of Bioshock... and saw something both hilarious and disturbing at the same time. One of the little girls walks up to a dead body then... it looks like she points straight at his crotch and said... "Look Mr. Bubbles! Adam!"... Then proceeded to take out a massive needle and drive it into the corpses crotch. :):huh:;)

I'm hopping it was just a mis-aligned animation... but I haven't gone back to scrutinize the event more closely.

I've only been semi-interested in Bio-Shock. I love the underwater stuff... but the setting is kind of weird and to be honest it didn't look that scary. I may change my mind though, I've watched previews that looked horrible, then played the game and loved it. So, who knows.

I for one am getting sick and tired of the creepy girls in games and movies. It all started with that damned Ring movie.

Absolutely. Prior to the Ring, little girls were hardly ever the focal point of horror movies.

Besides, I don't really consider them to be particularly creepy. They are certainly vulnerable, but when the little sisters refer to a big daddy as Mr. Bubbles, I'm not really getting the vibe that they are supposed to be creepy.

That was actually the idea I was trying to convey. Though looking back on what I said, I didn't do a good job of it. I did comment that I didn't get the vibe that they were supposed to be creepy though.

Edited by alanschu

They're supposed to be monsters, refining the adam through their bodies, and thus eliciting all sorts of "omg what are they doing to the children!?" moral disgust. The children are not supposed to be creepy, it's what's been done to them, and the ethical bankruptcy that would even lead anyone down the eventual path towards that point.

That's what I gathered, anyway.

Edited by Pop

At the same time, from what I understand it's only the little sisters that are capable of it. Whether or not they were engineered that way (OMG those monsters!) or if something else caused it is probably something we'll only figure out after playing said game.