Bioshock - first public footage

Llyranor

... if they can't deliver...

Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Of course they'll deliver.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

All of the people I spoke to about Fable were sceptical about whether they could deliver what was promised as soon as it was announced. Only the gaming sites hyping it up seemed to believe everything said about it.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

And anyway, Irrational are in fact, underhyping the game. Bioshock will change everyone's life for the better, and will give godlike powers to anyone who plays it. Furthermore Bioshock will give the buyer multiple orgasms when he picks up the game for the first time at the store. Also, as soon as ten copies of the game are sold, all the world's problems will be solved and humanity will enter the Age of Aquarius.

Bow down to the might of Irrational!!!!!!!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

And anyway, Irrational are in fact, underhyping the game. Bioshock will change everyone's life for the better, and will give godlike powers to anyone who plays it. Furthermore Bioshock will give the buyer multiple orgasms when he picks up the game for the first time at the store. Also, as soon as ten copies of the game are sold, all the world's problems will be solved and humanity will enter the Age of Aquarius.

Quoted for truth.

If Bioshock allows you to hunt and kill these "Little Sister" creatures that look like kids, might that not cause some ratings concerns? Would the UK even carry the game with its ban on killable kids in games? No politician or rating board is going to buy the argument "Well, it looks like a little girl but its really a genetic material collector."

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

To this, i'd like to point out that the last time they didn't try to pimp their game in every possible way it was completely ignored. Can't blame them for trying to get noticed this time around.

A lot of the things they showed in the presentation ARE infact new to most people who didn't play System Shock. Hope it works...

Edited by Lyric Suite

I didn't realize that Ken Levine was the actual Lead Designer on SS2, one of the three people most responsible for it.

On the one hand that is good news since SS2 is for the most part a relentlessly awesome game. (Thumbs down to the Many level though). One the other hand though, he seems so intent on remaking SS2 vs making something new, that I wonder if he can put the same parts together again in just the right way once again.

I'm quite curious in seeing the finished produ now. Here's hoping it doesn't vaporize.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, I don't know if I have high hopes, but I'll definitely give him the benefit of the doubt here. WHen you are the lead designer on a game like SS2, you've defintely earned some credibility and the right to talk up your games as being the next great thing.

That's versus say being the lead designer on a game like DX:IW. :(

I have high hopes. :)

Hopefully it won't taper toward the end like SS2 did. ;)

Agreed, that was the most horrible part of the game, crawling inside a gigantic Steak. And you know what? I once learned from an interview that the Steak-Level was a Programmers idea! I mean come on!?!?! :D

Yeesh.... leave the level design to those who's job it is. :p

That level left something to be desired.... mostly because of the dim lighting though. <_<