Delayed Again!

"Or NWN? I remember tracking it regularly for about 3 years, half of which was after the first projected release date."

I don't believe NWN had an actual specifc release date. NWN2 has had two. not to mention the fact that NWN1 had to deal with the whole Interplay vs. Bioware War tm. NWN2, despite Atari's apparant financial state, has none.

This is neither good or bad news outside of not getting the game sooner. There's examples of delays helping and not helping a game. So, meh.

I'd be lying though that despite the fact I'm looking forward to NWN2 that I have some serious doubts about how Obsidian has managed NWN2's development.

And, at this time, I will be surprised if Obsidian bothers doing anything with the DMC until the game is released. Even then, I won't hold my breath for one, anymore.

This delay could be as simple as moving NWN2's release date away from G3's so the two games don't clash over each other.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

what kept KOTOR2 from being more well-recieved were the glitches.

No. More the unfinished plotholes and the rushing storyline...

And I just KNEW that adding in animations one month before release was a case of bad late management and would be a sign for things to come (like this).

But thank you to all people who tried to defend J.E. for the well-management he did and how he was able to put it all in and well (read: debugged) before the shipping Oct. 15 ;)"

And I'd like to thank you for yet again chiming in on an industry you clearly know nothing about.

Good day.

Neverwinter Nights 2 has the same releasedate as Final Fantasy XII?

Now i have to buy both at the same time, no partying and drinking for me until december :wub:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This delay could be as simple as moving NWN2's release date away from G3's so the two games don't  clash over each other.

That is my pet theory, without evidence to the contrary: two months before Christmas is the PRIME REAL-ESTATE of game release dates.

:wub:

Is it going to be single-player, or a MMORPG?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This delay could be as simple as moving NWN2's release date away from G3's so the two games don't  clash over each other.

That is my pet theory, without evidence to the contrary: two months before Christmas is the PRIME REAL-ESTATE of game release dates.

:wub:

Is it going to be single-player, or a MMORPG?

I didn't know they released on the same date. That's actually NOT good news. There's a LOT of PS2 gamers out there (I'm one of them), and I'm certain given a choice of one or the other some are going to choose FFXII (I'm not getting FFXII when it comes out, I'll wait for a price drop, but I am getting NWN2 when it comes out sooooo...).

You know, you're on the list ... just not very close to the top ... :-"

I wasn't expecting to be. :)

Just a little computer that can play Oblivion with all the graphic update mods at 120 Frames per second and a 60 inch widescreen LCD monitor will do. Not asking much, you know. :p

Harvey

They'll probably do it the Piranha Bytes' way: release a demo after the game has been released.

In Piranha Bytes case I can understand it (small team, not enough time), but for Obsidian..? It just feels so illogical to release the demo after the game. Isn't a demo supposed to make you interested in a not-yet-released game? Also, a demo is a good indication if your computer can handle the game in question.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

mkreku, it can do all those things anyway. The only difference is that instead of adding to the pre-release hype, it comes after the hype and lets them go and buy it straight away after playing the demo.