I'm only here for the spam

peterpaulrubens

After speaking with post originator, I thought we could continue the thread with the express understanding that berating/baiting a/o general mistreatment of new members is not going to be tolerated. Any community needs to balance those who are here with the energy of those who come to an established sense of place. So please be kind to one another and I'll just sit on the Roost wasting time ...

Note: Thanks to peterpaulrubens for respectfully challenging and engaging in PM with me about this thread.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......... thanks so much Fionavar!! There are lots of members whom I'm yet to meet, so this means a lot to me. yeah.gif

Spam is a work of art to which you must dedicate your entire being without pause. A truly good spammer knows no other day than his "A" day.

Soon, grasshopper, you will see your folly. One does not unleash their full powers without knowing if their target audience can take it.

I wanted to post something witty and funny, and then we'd all laugh, and the new guy would see how funny I was.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

There are lots of members whom I'm yet to meet, so this means a lot to me. 

Wow, are you ever going to be dissapointed!

Just a hint: Don't trust the Danish on this board, their sneaky.

I suspect things may be anti-climactic as well.

At least no one here seems to be scaring you off the board (yet). Though you talk a big game, and might be able to withstand some of the more...difficult...posters.

After speaking with post originator, I thought we could continue the thread with the express understanding that berating/baiting a/o general mistreatment of new members is not going to be tolerated. Any community needs to balance those who are here with the energy of those who come to an established sense of place. So please be kind to one another and I'll just sit on the Roost wasting time ...

Note: Thanks to peterpaulrubens for respectfully challenging and engaging in PM with me about this thread.

Sound advice, one which I have continued to preach upon as you well know.

Which brings me up to my next topic...

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

At least no one here seems to be scaring you off the board (yet).  Though you talk a big game, and might be able to withstand some of the more...difficult...posters.

I learned The Art of Spam from Teh Jostef, and only soiled myself twice during that time. I doubt the difficult posters here can bring it like Him. :ph34r:

Edit: crossposted with SteveThaiBinh. @him: I can't find one that looks good in 64x64. :blink:

Edited by peterpaulrubens

Oh this forum isn't for the transients. Check the KOTOR fora for that, most WOT vets haven't set foot over there in years. This is a habitat for the folks who came long ago - for reasons that have long since been buried under the oceans and deserts - and decided to stay.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I didn't necessarily mean "transient" in that way. On other forums I've been to, the threads that didn't affect your post count were called "transient threads".

So basically what I'm saying is that I'm going to stay at <50 posts for a good while, even though I camp out here. Unless I find something to talk about that's on topic. We'll have to see.

As for old-timers staying away from KOTOR... yeah, that happens a lot generally, as well. The places I've been to, the established members tended to shy away from posting in the sections of the forum that are actually relevant (band sections on band sites, etc.)

What I just said made no sense at all.

I wanted to post something witty and funny, and then we'd all laugh, and the new guy would see how funny I was.

Mission accomplished, return to base.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Spam is a work of art to which you must dedicate your entire being without pause. A truly good spammer knows no other day than his "A" day.

Soon, grasshopper, you will see your folly. One does not unleash their full powers without knowing if their target audience can take it.

Do not tell me how to wield my spam. There is a key word here, and that is subtleness. You must remain ever vigilant and poison your fellow posters' minds with such irreproachably delivered spam that they won't even know what's going on. And then... There is no such thing as casual spam; everything has its adroit purpose.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you have talent. :(

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I didn't necessarily mean "transient" in that way. On other forums I've been to, the threads that didn't affect your post count were called "transient threads".

So basically what I'm saying is that I'm going to stay at <50 posts for a good while, even though I camp out here. Unless I find something to talk about that's on topic. We'll have to see.

For those who are interested, the forum containing the most of one's posts, the percentage of the postage total, and the raw score are all shown on the profile page.

As for old-timers staying away from KOTOR... yeah, that happens a lot generally, as well. The places I've been to, the established members tended to shy away from posting in the sections of the forum that are actually relevant (band sections on band sites, etc.)

What I just said made no sense at all.

Au contraire; there are only so many times one can answer the same question about the end-of-mission-not-updating-the-journal bug, or participate in a "who's the toughest Jedi / Sith EVA" topic. :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT