Morrowind in just over 15 minutes

True, but when I play a game, particularly a CRPG, I play the game to the fullest even if I have played it a hundred times before.  Its like reading a good novel.  You just don't skip the first 30 or so chapters so you can get to the end.

:D

I remember reading a news article a few years back about a lady who submitted a motion for divorce on the grounds that every time she bought a new Agatha Cristie murder mystery novel, her husband would read the ending and then write the name of the who-dunnit killer on the front page, just to piss her off.

manthing2.jpg

True, but when I play a game, particularly a CRPG, I play the game to the fullest even if I have played it a hundred times before.  Its like reading a good novel.  You just don't skip the first 30 or so chapters so you can get to the end.

It may have something to do with these other people not being you.

FTR I don't do speed runs either.

I like speed runs (or other 'technical challenges') in certain types of games once in a while. It's the challenge of the organiziation/planning required to achieve it; like...why climb Mt Everest...because you can.

Course, that much before-hand planning is often too much for me and I never break any records. :shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

'Twas pretty impressive although I can't see the appeal of speedrunning through an RPG such as Morrowind, even though I've never played it, as you are skipping all the story and that's what's key for an RPG.

Also, if that's all there is to that game, it really doesn't look all that impressive to me, not exactly very big unless it takes a while to get to wherever that guy actually flys to.

On the note of Speedrunning anyway, I can definitely see how speedruns are fun, having tried to do it and seen it on other games (Doom3), particularly fun, and seeing all the challenges of finding the easiest ways around things and knowing where everything is and how to avoid it etc..

'Twas pretty impressive although I can't see the appeal of speedrunning through an RPG such as Morrowind, even though I've never played it, as you are skipping all the story and that's what's key for an RPG

Because the person would have already played through it and experienced all this stuff.

I downoaded the first part of a Baldur's Gate 2 speed run, and the guy must have the entire game memorised given how he zips through all the dialogue. It was impressive to watch for a very short while, but I don't imagine I'll ever try it. I suppose the next step for sites like gamefaqs or gamebanshee is to start having (searchable) videos of playthroughs, speed runs or otherwise, to accompany their text walkthroughs.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yeah, skipping on Morrowind's story must have sucked :)

Super Sarcasm Man strikes again. :)

Where is your super trustworthy sidekick? Has he gone the way of Bucky?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: