Bioshock interview @TTLG

Morgoth

Boo! Hissss! Release the demo for the PC already!

damn you Xbox360 for not coming with Wi-Fi out of the box...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Odd, maybe it's all the traffic, but my download keeps getting stuck. What I do is wait half an hour, cancel the download, and then restart it, but it begins with an added 2 to 10 percent onto what it was when it was previously cancelled. At this rate I'll have it downloaded by 4 AM.

Some people over at Eurogamer has downloaded the demo already. Some of them are saying that the DEMO itself is their GOTY! Sounds promising. PC-demo should come soon too. Release is only 11 days away though. Not too bad.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If people are claiming GOTY(pretty silly, actually) on the Xbox-demo, how about the full game on the PC? More RPG-elements, mods and better UI + DX10. Will that make it GOTD? (=Game of the decade?)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh fruck, PC gamers get screwed (again). Not that it matters so much now, next week I'm gonna hold the LE in my hands anyway....

Sigh, I would like to see how it runs. Though I'm not really worried about it at all, I would still like to see what the game might be like...

I'm not going to download that 360 demo when there is no way in hell I am buying this for my xbox.

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

- John Lennon

I wonder what will come after Bioshock. They surely must have another game in development for quite some time. Rumors say it's a X-Com game. Hopefully it's a scary FPS in the vein of Shock2.

I was under the impression that Bioshock was a "scary FPS in the vein of Shock2."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

More RPG-elements

?

IIRC, for example hacking on the Xbox is just procentual success rate (Press X to hack), while on the PC it actually includes som pseudo-hacking, where the amount of skillpoints (or whatever they have) determines how easy it will be for the player.

Small things such as those make me want to play the PC version instead :lol:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Seconded.

Also, I want to see how it works on my old workhorse.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm going to have to try the demo. I fear it will run horribly on my current PC. Especially if I want to play at a widescreen res.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They had like every plasmid in the demo, it felt kind of stupid finding Incinerate from a bathroom floor, etc. Superb graphics, total blast audiovisually and the everything just clicked into place. Sort of felt cheated that you couldn't fight a big daddy or do much at all in terms of quests though. On Xbox, the targeting feels somewhat similar to Perfect Dark Zero, in the way that it is rather sluggish. No, not slow, rather the autoaim is sort of akward and it takes a while to get used to it. Works perfectly after that, fortunately.

Yeah, it is an awesome demo for a hopefully awesome game.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds