How do you prefer your lightsaber?

I seem to remember a discussion once about how a single saber was more Jedi-like, in terms of roleplaying. Which is probably true, but it's just not as pretty in screenshots - no crossover motions and such. :D

Two is definitely an advantage w/the extra crystals you can put in etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I prefer to dual-wield - and usually end up with two viridian full-size lightsabers - one with the name crystal and either pontite or barab, and the other tricked out with crystals to boost ability scores.

I tried single once ... thinking to make the baddest guy on the block with a single lightsaber, only to be dissapointed by the distinct lack of advanced dueling feats for Weapon Master/Marauder (yet there are three extra feats for dual-wielding).

Now, if you could disconnect the two sabers in a double and switch to dual wield (like Darth Maul was supposedly able to do), trick out both edges of a double blade with different crystals, and only ignite one blade if you wanted ... then this option would make the most sense to me.

As a consular best is one handed saber due to master duelist defence boost.

As a DS Fighter best is two handed saber because you get only 1 quexoni (or so) crystal.

As a LS Fighter best are two one handed sabers. (I prefer both silver)

If you hate creating upgrades use a two handed, but if you prefer varieties use 2 one handed.

It seems Im one of the few who prefers a single hilt lightsaber. I guess it because Im old fashion but it's as old school as you can get. I enjoy dueling over twf because dueling will give you defense & attack bonus while twf is busy lowering your penalty. I like to pour all my power into one lightsaber. Also I dislike the clunky look of the dual saber while walking with it.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force

Can get a silver crystal from Nar Shaddaa's Rodian trader. Speak to her about trade routes quest and agree to help her. If you have met or killed Jedi masters on either Dantooine/Onderon and speak to the Rodian, her inventory will have two colour crystals, including a silver one.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I tend to pick my lightsaber based on whatever "role" I'm playing.

If I'm doing a DS character, it'll usually be a double blade (yay for the movies and Darth Maul). If I'm doing a LS character then single blade.

I rarely used the shortblades for either alignment.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Me I prefer a Single bladed lightsaber. And while I vary on my colors, they usually end up being either blue, green, yellow, or well.... I like em all! lol

But had I to pick a single color that would describe my personality as a Jedi....

Would have to be either yellow or silver.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I seem to remember a discussion once about how a single saber was more Jedi-like, in terms of roleplaying. Which is probably true, but it's just not as pretty in screenshots - no crossover motions and such. :D

Well, with Vrook, would just use a single weapon/saber against him. Would still try to get second saber, just that isn't really a rush to do so. (As long as two weapon fighting feats have been selected, dual sabers can be equipped subsequently)

Somehow, find using Viridian as a colour crystal for DS characters interesting rather than using a usual red colour for sabers.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like to Dual Wield LS's, but overall i like single LS

Anyway i can make my single LS useable in combat like against Sion or Nichlus.

Other then that i use duel sabers i would use Freedon Nadds LS and a regular one

My own personal style(wish i could use it :lol:" ) 8 sabers all silver floating in the air controlled by the force ;):)

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

My Revan had a single blue lightsaber. Jedi Exile is going to dual wield a cyan and a silver lightsaber (once I find a silver crystal, of course).

I thought Visas looked neat with a dual-bladed red lightsaber and Kreia with a single green lightsaber.

hmm it's a tuff question. On one hand I can boost my attributes very well with two lightsabers but than I sacrifice some damage on one lightsaber if I use attribute boosting crystals. I usually use a double bladed for a slight increase in damage and I use my character crystal, hurrikaine, pontite lens, expert fencing emitter, and a tolgern jolt mark III in my lightsaber and I get MASS damage and still great attributes from my character crystal. When I use two blades though I get tempted to put the kaibur crystal in but than I don't want to lowe the damage so than I just resort to double bladed one.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

But in KOTOR 2, you really don't need to get the most out of all your attacks with how extremely overpowering the main character is by default.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Revan: single violet saber (I chose violet to be different from all the other Jedi on board the Ebon Hawk).

Exile: Depends on which one I'm playing. If I play Alari Kalar then she gets a orange double-blade. Isan gets a single silver blade.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Violet is a very pretty color.

When I do start up my Sera Cordana File for Kotor 1, I will give her the violet saber.

I do think the Violet color will be a good match for her hair.

Btw, Jal Shey Armor and The Silver lightsaber is a good match for I do think that is a pretty combo.

If Given the chance I will love use them on my exile(regardless of alignement or gender)

Single. While it may not look as cool as the fighting animations of dual sabers, I love it. It's the trickiest, easiest to master, it's just versatile. Also, since I abuse dex rather than strength, it's much better for me.

Also despite having two lightsabers for upgrading, I've been told by somebody who dug deep deep in mechanics that double bladed in the best. Anybody think they could look that up?