How do you prefer your lightsaber?

Single sabers have extended critical range. Can be broadened further with Critical Strike and/or keening them with Nextor crystals. Velmorite crystals can also help. Some saber lens created as workbench upgrade have similar effect to keening weapon.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Are you saying single-wielding sucks or that a double-saber does more damage than two singles? If the latter, it didn't seem that way to me, but I never really number-crunched this game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Single saber, cyan for my Lightside Jedi.

Doublebladed Cyan for my Gray Jedi.

And dual weilding Red and Violet for my Darksided Jedi.

Eh, it looks good.

Edited by Kyrivian

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

I use a double saber, simply because I tend to favor crystals which give nice damage bonuses ("your name" crystal + solari for instance), and since these crystals are unique, the most effective way to have the enormous attack and damage bonuses applied to both attacks is to use a double-bladed lightsaber, this also applies if I don't find enough good crystals to go around (the usual way things go).

On the other hand, for my jedi master builds I tend to favor stats boosting crystals such as Kaiburr and Ruusan which are not doubled in a two-handed lightsaber, therefore in order to maximize my bonuses, I'll opt for two single-bladed lightsabers (and probably go for defensive upgrades for the other parts of the blade). This way I can include as many wisdom, charisma, and defensive bonuses as possible in order to maximize my offensive power and staying power.

I've heard single +dueling feat allows a lot higher hit rate then double sabers, but since each blade has the same attack power, I find it hard to believe that a little extra hit rate will even out with an extra possible hit with every attack.

Outside of the game though, personally I think two double-bladed lightsabers are useable, though I consider the "effort in training"/usefulness factor dubious at best, except for use with the Tr

Edited by adumbrodeus

And perhaps so, if lightsaber finesse is considered, or maybw if one is thinking of using Dex as main attribute or to increase defence.. Dueling feats help with unarmed attacks.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Two lightsabers, one regular and one short lightsaber, seeing as it gives you less of a penalty for two-weapon fighting. I like to outfit the short one for the best possible blaster bolt deflection, that way I'll be more or less immune to blasters, and then I equip the regular one for maximum damage, preferably with a crystal that gives some "unstoppable" damage, that's the best kind :nuke:

Oh, and I like my right handed (regular) lightsaber to be green and the left handed (short) lightsaber to be violet. Nice color combination in my opinion. Very contrasting colors.

Green is to blue and yellow what violet is to blue and red... or something :D

Edited by LunarG

lightsided-Doublesided Silver :thumbsup:

Neutral(preffered)-Doublesided Cyan w00t :D (w00t)

Dark-Dual, one red one silver o:)

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

LS- Doublebladed Viridian

Neutral/Either- Doublebladed Silver

DS- Doublebladed Orange (or bronze, or whatever it is)

Red is good, and I'd use it for darkside, but it's so overused... seriously, I want to see a Sith (Besides Kreia and the vision of Revan) use a non-red lightsaber. But it is a cool color. When I play DS, I usually give it to at least a couple of my party members.

Although I've played too many times using double-/dual-wield-lightsibers, my favorite now is single-hilt+duelling+critical strike+either master speed or master fury. It seems sooo easy to score critical hit on tough opponents with this combo. And talking of colour it should be either orange/bronze for DS or silver/blue for LS.

Nah. You can't beat viridian... ^_^

I prefer either double or duel wield just because... I mean, it doubles the amount of attacks. Dueling can definitely improve your chances of hitting and damage, but not as much as having 2 other attacks. And double-bladed master flurry also looks awesome.

Purple might make for some interesting sense of differentiation, considering it is composed of twin colours blue and red together.

Viridian is also ok for me. Not too bright a colour as consular green that Jedi masters like Vrook tend to use for his lightsaber.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Roast, actually

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds