What are you playing ...

Is the demo for Prey worth downloading?

More WoW and CoD 2 multiplayer.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Is the demo for Prey worth downloading?

If you're into FPS, I'd say it is. It's an interesting experience, even if you're not so fond of the combat mechanics (like me :unsure:). The demo is somewhat short though, left me wanting to play more.

The demo weighs in at around 460MB, if you have broadband it shouldn't take too long to get it.

links for the demo www.3drealms.com/prey/download.html

What about the combat mechanics didn't you like; shooting stuff?

The first thing, the wrench weapon feels rather unresponsive. It's hard to tell whether you've gotten a hit on the opponent or not. I prefer more tactile feedback in my melee weapons. The two guns your given in the demo feel very simmilar in their standard fire modes, the alternate fire modes are nice but the ammo gets used up too quickly. Which means the world is littered with all too many ammo packs to keep you supplied.

I was hoping to feel more danger as I played, when I died I just got sent to the spirit world instead of it being game over. This ruined the feeling of having to be careful when fighting and the overall suspense. When I was in the small section with the enemies sniping me, I didn't like how easy it was to tell when and where they were going to fire, it destroyed the sensation of really being sniped.

All the enemies I saw in the demo seemed rather uninspired and boring. Some of the larger enemies I've seen in the movies look like they'd make nice targets, but going from the enemies in the demo -- they just weren't interesting (graphically or gameplay wise). And there's more.. but then that's really getting into small nitpicky details.

Though, after playing the demo through again, I've decided to buy the game. The level design just makes me want to see more (must have more). The combat mechanics arn't rubish.. I just don't enjoy them as much as in other FPS games. So when I buy this game, it'll be for the levels, not the gameplay or plot.

I've just exhausted my DDO trial account.

As a MMORPG, it sucks. 100% static world, no PvP whatsoever, loads of stupid ass design decisions geared towards preventing powergaming and making solo play impossible. Useless guild system, and a rather unfaithful conversion of the D&D ruleset. Also, I have been unable to locate a single user that was willing to actually role-play.

The atmosphere and the co-op aspect of the game are its only redeeming points, however, as going through some quests with your party can actually be fun. I sure hope they add much needed extra content (druid and monk classes come to mind), because at this point it looks like you could do and see everything in less than a month. That's not really too bad, considering you can get it for

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, of the ones that I've played, Eve Online is probably the closest that I have seen.  Though I have only done trial memberships for all of them except for WoW.

Um....want a trial? I can send ya one. ...and possibly get a month of free time for myself.

:-"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Looks like I'll be playing Eternal Darkness

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well, of the ones that I've played, Eve Online is probably the closest that I have seen.  Though I have only done trial memberships for all of them except for WoW.

Um....want a trial? I can send ya one. ...and possibly get a month of free time for myself.

:)"

I think the better question would be, "How many asteroids would you like to mine today?"

manthing2.jpg

I played Tomb Raider: Legend.

It was mediocre, and very short. 5 hours? Heh.

But it was sad, really, because the game had some nice things, like the cute banter, particularly Lara herself. She rocks! =) And the graphics, well.. Are you supposed to be able to play the game with Next-Gen Content (hihi) turned on? Without fpsdrops? Major? And is it supposed to be as buggy as it is? Like shadows only in some places, some of the mappings on textures, and depth of field, my favourite, also looked nasty in places.

The whole game felt very unfinished and rushed. Copy-paste things from other games into our own except do them worse, woohoo! And the story was such a disappointment as I had heard it was supposed to be nice, if not great.

It sucked.

One scene in the beginning, blah blah blah, another nice scene, blah blah blah and a tiny scene more. Lots of blah blah blah, horrible combat, blaha, and then a tiny scene, not an ending or anything, and it ends. It was ridiculous.

I HOPE the game was rushed.

Also playing Call of Duty 2.

Hardened.

Kill the stupid people, watch my friends throw grenades on themselves and NOT watching out for the umpteenth time, kill people hear bawdy music, rinse and repeat. I don't think I'll finish the game. I've played one of the MoH games and while this is better, It's still an old, and really stale, genre.

Read a few boring lines of text > Kill > Kill > Kill > Die > Kill > ? > ?

Oh well, It's an ok WWII game.

Next up,

Shadow of the Colossus

Myst IV - Revelation

Half-Life 2 - Episode 1

I hope,

for the world

Im playing Dreamfall now. Its bloody gorgeous, even on my laptop with an horrific ATI x700 mobile. On my Gf7900GTX it looks better than... most games though it makes no pretense of looking realistic ( see engine http://www.shark3d.com/ )

but im quite worried because it plays way too fast and wastes its assets. You have this beautiful scenery that must have taken the graphics team a long time to do, and you can just rush it through in no time at all because there are only like one or two things to do in each scene. I suppose its the classic "console kids are dumb as hell and have an attention span of around 1.5 seconds so you cant make a real game" speech from MS

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "