What are you playing ...

ANYHOW.. I finished Dreamfall tonight. The ending was incredibly frustrating. If I knew anyone who was even remotely interested, I'd call them up right now and vent about it for an hour or so. But since I don't know anyone interested in computer adventure games, I'll just sit here and rage. On the inside.

I'm interested, but as I haven't actually played the game yet, don't you dare give away the ending! :o

I can't play until I get back to the UK and pick up a copy. It doesn't appear to be in the local stores. :shifty:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Is world of warcraft worth paying 15 bucks a month?

World of Warcraft, for what it is, is a fun game to play. Is it worth $15 p/mo? Well, I guess that largely depends on the player. I can tell you that in the 1yr I did play it was worth the $15 p/mo and I only played maybe 10-15 hrs p/week, if that. I probably would have invested more time into it if I had the time. Thanks to having a Wife and 3 kids my game time is limited to after they go to bed but that still gave me a few hours to play. What was cool for me was being able to play with real life friends who live in other states. We didn't get to hang out like we used to but we got to hook up in a game which made playing WoW worth every penny.

I would say if you're a casual gamer like me or a hard core gamer you'll enjoy playing WoW but after a while and doing the same stuff over and over again you will get bored with it eventually. On my playing time I got 1 yr worth of enjoyment out of it and I haven't played for the past 3 months -- now I'm getting somewhat of an urge to play it again. It's probably the only MMO I'll ever consider playing since it does cater to someone like me who has limited playing time.

Unreal 1, with added highres-textures and 5.1 sound-support. I'm going to party like it's 1998 again.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Unreal 1, with added highres-textures and 5.1 sound-support. I'm going to party like it's 1998 again.

links? please!

I loved Unreal and still have the game

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I recently got my wife playing WoW. She has never played games before, not even Nintendo ones as a kid. It's fascinating watching her learn the nuances of gaming. WoW is likely the only game that I could ever have used to get her gaming with. It is that powerful.

So I've been playing that with her. It's actually hard to keep up, as she had foot surgery recently and has already put a good 50 hours into her warrior.

Hmm, let's see.

I'm slowly going through the scenarios in Take Command - 2nd Manassas and Hearts of Iron II - Doomsday (the campaigns - the 1936 one, specifically - will have to wait until I'm done with the scenarios).

I just got Airborne Assault - Conquest of the Aegean yesterday, so I'm still going through the bloody 500-page manual before tackling the tutorials.

As for the Combat Mission games, I'm going through Beyond Overlord against the AI, and mopping the floor with alanschu's face via PBEM in Barbarossa to Berlin. Africa Korps is currently on hold.

I'm also going through Ocarina of Time. Just about to tackle the first dungeon as adult Link.

How does conquest of the Aegean look to you?

Let us know how it goes when you start playing.

I'm replaying BG2.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

The game's pretty awesome. If you have any interest in wargames, and don't mind the non-TB hex-based format, then COTA's a great pick. The chain of command and order delays make for some tense battles - lots of planning required.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Rome: Total Realism Platinum Edition 1.6 with Metropolis and Naval Mod(+numerous little add-ons). I'm playing as Pontus. And it rocks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Some Win Mugen...

There is a Win Mugen now!?

Man, I remember the community going to hell about three years ago. So much thievery going on... a lot of great programmers decided to quit and the Mugen appeared to be finished.

Just look up Win Mugen in google, dude. Win Mugen has been around for quite a while now.

Speaking of Win Mugen, I just played a 2 on 2 match Evil Ken (me) and Evil Ryu versus Akuma and Evil Dan. That match got really crazy really fast lol.

Edited by Ioini

Still on Xenosaga 2.

Disc 2 is MUCH more fun than Disc 1. Same amount of cutscenes but much more to do in between. The game also opened up a lot more as I can now go from planet to planet and complete subquests and level up my characters/mechs.

Too bad it had to take 25 hours of cutscenes/game time... :lol:

Rogue Trooper was actually a good game. If only it had been longer and not quite as easy, it would have rocked. As it stands now it's just a good but short little experience.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Advent Rising.  I'm very interested in the story, but the controls for PC are driving me nuts, and I sure wish there was a map.

I tried that but have pretty much given up as my game will no longer let me play (damn majesco and their "no QA for you!" policy)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still on Xenosaga 2.

Disc 2 is MUCH more fun than Disc 1. Same amount of cutscenes but much more to do in between. The game also opened up a lot more as I can now go from planet to planet and complete subquests and level up my characters/mechs.

Too bad it had to take 25 hours of cutscenes/game time...  :(

Are you enjoyed all the Fed-Ex quest? :(

Rogue Trooper was actually a good game. If only it had been longer and not quite as easy, it would have rocked. As it stands now it's just a good but short little experience.

I'm loving it thus far, Rogue's wasted his first femme, your typical well-endowed feminazi, got his pals killed and sneaked inside his various hardware, wasted tons of fascist propaganda spewing scum via his friend Mister Shotgun, all this with Snoop pimping in my headphones and rays of sun invading my room. I get what you mean by easy, but really, I'm awful at video games, no skills.

Still on Xenosaga 2.

Too bad it had to take 25 hours of cutscenes/game time...  :(

Are you enjoyed all the Fed-Ex quest? :)

Actually the only GS Campaign quest that really bothered me was the "Find ZAZA the robot" quest. And that other one where you need to go back and forth to recharge a frakkin' battery... I wish there was a "fast run" option in that game.

Anyway Disc 2 was worth the wait of Disc 1...

I just picked up on the whole gaming thing again recently, after a bit of a big break for exams and the like. Been playing Doom3 a lot again, still love that game.

Also, been trying to master the hardest side of WoW in my opinion, playing a priest, but I'm sure my hard work will pay off soon enough....hopefully (Priests are so bloody boring).