What are you playing ...

Freaking WoW. Damn it all, how'd I let friends drag me into this thing. :blink:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

:'(

Well, at least the art direction is awesome.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

^Word

I' playing Warcraft 3 with Frozen Throne now. And probably the demo for Rise of Legends.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^Word

I' playing Warcraft 3 with Frozen Throne now. And probably the demo for Rise of Legends.

legends is really steampunk vs. Lawrence of Arabia vs. Stargate. It gets REALLY boring after a while.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So, my favorite thematic genre plus my favorite movie plus one of my favorite series?

Gee, I hope the gameplay is worth it, 'cos that description sounds kinda awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^Word

I'm playing Warcraft 3 with Frozen Throne now.

I played some of its campaign yesterday. In my humble opinion though, the campaign for WC3 was a lot more fun and a lot better done than TFT. The first Undead campaign mission in the expansion is just plain maddening. WTF? Defending three positions on the map from constant attacks while trying to eliminate 9 towns and preventing 20 villagers from escaping? I only have two hands, you know!

^Word

I'm playing Warcraft 3 with Frozen Throne now.

I played some of its campaign yesterday. In my humble opinion though, the campaign for WC3 was a lot more fun and a lot better done than TFT. The first Undead campaign mission in the expansion is just plain maddening. WTF? Defending three positions on the map from constant attacks while trying to eliminate 9 towns and preventing 20 villagers from escaping? I only have two hands, you know!

sounds like running one window drive through.

I'm trying to get a hold of a copy of Steambot Chronicles. Apparently it's a freeform postapocalyptic RPG for the Playstation 2! BUT I CAN'T FIND IT IN ANY STORES IN SWEDEN! Argh!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yes it does. They have an review of it on Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65538

I think I can live with its flaws (difficult controls, graphical glitches) and 7/10 is quite a good score from the Eurogamer crew.

Yes it does. They have an review of it on Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65538

I think I can live with its flaws (difficult controls, graphical glitches) and 7/10 is quite a good score from the Eurogamer crew.

It's an Atlus game. So expect it to be low print.

If you didn't snag it in the first week of release, your probably going to have to hunt it online.

EDIT + Offtopic : Eurogamer is probably the best review site I've ever seen.

Edited by Haitoku

It's an Atlus game.  So expect it to be low print.

If you didn't snag it in the first week of release, your probably going to have to hunt it online.

EDIT + Offtopic : Eurogamer is probably the best review site I've ever seen.

You got that right.

You'd have better luck mining for gold than getting an Atlus game after a while.

I was thinking exactly the same thing until

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63571&page=2

I was thinking the exact same thing until

" The perfect ten?

A score of ten reflects a game that, within the reviewer's estimation, is something you must buy: this is the message we're trying to convey. On a basic level it's almost certainly the best quality game ever seen within the context of its genre, and that's why Eurogamer doesn't dish them out very often. A score of 10 usually applies to less than a trio of games in any given year.

But all 10s are not born equal. For starters, you might consider that a ten in the RPG genre still isn't as appealing as an FPS that we scored an eight, or be mystified how we could score a football management game a nine when we only gave that survival-horror game you loved an eight. The best rule is to simply rate like with like, and use your own personal taste barometer to gauge whether the genre is of interest to you. Even so, if you're new to a particular genre then something scoring a ten is a very safe bet indeed. As a starting point, the message is you can't get a better game of this type.

Let us make absolutely clear that a 10 is not and probably never will be "the perfect game". There's always something criticisable about a game, however small.

A 10 will inspire the reviewer because it gets so many things correct. It will be something truly groundbreaking and aesthetically successful, be consistently enjoyable, get the balance right in difficulty terms, be technically very impressive, and be polished to a shine. It will leave the player in no doubt that they're playing something special right from the word go and will continue to inspire and amaze throughout. As we've said, this doesn't mean it's perfect, and we'll be sure to say where it goes wrong too, but maybe those niggles are just so minor that you can let it off. Look at anything under a microscope for long enough and you'll see the flaws. But would you kick a supermodel out of bed for farting? "

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/scoring_policy.php

I was thinking exactly the same thing until

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63571&page=2

I was thinking the exact same thing until

" The perfect ten?

A score of ten reflects a game that, within the reviewer's estimation, is something you must buy: this is the message we're trying to convey. On a basic level it's almost certainly the best quality game ever seen within the context of its genre, and that's why Eurogamer doesn't dish them out very often. A score of 10 usually applies to less than a trio of games in any given year.

But all 10s are not born equal. For starters, you might consider that a ten in the RPG genre still isn't as appealing as an FPS that we scored an eight, or be mystified how we could score a football management game a nine when we only gave that survival-horror game you loved an eight. The best rule is to simply rate like with like, and use your own personal taste barometer to gauge whether the genre is of interest to you. Even so, if you're new to a particular genre then something scoring a ten is a very safe bet indeed. As a starting point, the message is you can't get a better game of this type.

Let us make absolutely clear that a 10 is not and probably never will be "the perfect game". There's always something criticisable about a game, however small.

A 10 will inspire the reviewer because it gets so many things correct. It will be something truly groundbreaking and aesthetically successful, be consistently enjoyable, get the balance right in difficulty terms, be technically very impressive, and be polished to a shine. It will leave the player in no doubt that they're playing something special right from the word go and will continue to inspire and amaze throughout. As we've said, this doesn't mean it's perfect, and we'll be sure to say where it goes wrong too, but maybe those niggles are just so minor that you can let it off. Look at anything under a microscope for long enough and you'll see the flaws. But would you kick a supermodel out of bed for farting? "

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/scoring_policy.php

Still from everything I've heard Oblivion eventually becomes like GTA where you spend hours and hours doing EVERYTHING... only to be laughed at because you wasted your life.

just beat Sin...

And I've got Chaos Theory but it's a little to stealthy for my tastes. (i'm the type that would play whistle while you work while murdering people in MGS2)

Man, if you go through Chaos Theory all out stealth it loses about half it's fun. The interrogations are awesome.

Actually, I very rarely left anyone concious in that game, I only did so when it was a guard posted in one place and not moving, and conking him over the head would've been harder than not doing so.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I finished the second scenario of HoMM V and then took a parting shot in the ongoing battle against the unholy triumvirate.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!