What are you playing ...

Just covered all 100 tags in GTA: SA. Now I'm going to try to reach "gangster" level with all my weapons before moving on. My only gripe with the game is you always need a map to find every hidden item, unless you want to waste away countless hours of your life just searching... Not worth it, IMO.

Just covered all 100 tags in GTA: SA.  Now I'm going to try to reach "gangster" level with all my weapons before moving on.  My only gripe with the game is you always need a map to find every hidden item, unless you want to waste away countless hours of your life just searching...  Not worth it, IMO.

Yeah, and GTA: San Andreas is actually the worst of the bunch when it comes to collecting crap. In GTA: Vice City, you had to find 100 hidden packages, but for every 10 you found, you were rewarded with something nice. In GTA: San Andreas, on the other hand, you ONLY get rewarded if you find each and every one of the hidden items, be it photographs, graffiti, horseshoes or clams. A very bad decision, in my opinion, and a step backwards in game design as most people won't ever get a single reward from all their collecting.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just covered all 100 tags in GTA: SA.  Now I'm going to try to reach "gangster" level with all my weapons before moving on.  My only gripe with the game is you always need a map to find every hidden item, unless you want to waste away countless hours of your life just searching...  Not worth it, IMO.

Yeah, and GTA: San Andreas is actually the worst of the bunch when it comes to collecting crap. In GTA: Vice City, you had to find 100 hidden packages, but for every 10 you found, you were rewarded with something nice. In GTA: San Andreas, on the other hand, you ONLY get rewarded if you find each and every one of the hidden items, be it photographs, graffiti, horseshoes or clams. A very bad decision, in my opinion, and a step backwards in game design as most people won't ever get a single reward from all their collecting.

I AGREE!! I felt the same way when I was going through it. Ohwell, nothing a cup of coffee can't settle. I can't believe Take Two Interactive lost 50 Million over Hot Coffee, it seems ridiculous.

And since they lost that $50 million, now they are only offering Duke Nukem a 4.5 million instead of 6 million and they'll give them a prize of $500K 3DRealms can come out with it before christmas... which means that 3DRealms is now going to get that rushed feeling and we may end up with a buggy unfinished game. <_<

I'm playing Half Life 2 Episode One, and I also just ordered an Audigy 2 ZS on ebay for $45 bucks! :o I had a Soundblaster LIVE! Value card but recently I've been getting many sound problems. My problems occur in GTA:SA and FEAR. It was time ti get a new sound card, The LIVE!Value edition is old.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Duke Nukem Forever is real?  :o

Yes, their may be no empirical evidence but if you have faith he will come.

duke_nukem_d_day.jpg

In other words hail to the king baby!

Old  06-10-2006, 11:20 PM      #14

George Broussard

3D Realms Staff

Re: DNF Is Like UFO Sightings...

Um, yeah.

Under the original deal, 3D Realms was to receive some $6 million from Take-Two to develop the title. Now the Texas-based developer will receive only $4,250 for the oft-delayed game when it is completed

Neither of those is/was true, to my knowledge. So, yeah.

Our deal is simple. We're making the game. It'll be done when it's done. We've funded 99.999% of the game (aside from a very, very small advance from GT Interactive, years ago, before Take 2 bought the game from them). It's our risk, our necks and our gamble. Under the deal we should be earing royalties from about unit 30,000 or so (that's a real small number), so yeah...

As for the 500k completion bonus, I don't even know were that came from. Scott would know, but I do know that we never cared or asked for it, and I think it was just tossed in as part of some other agreement. We're certainly not motivated by that amount of money, after all this time, and getting the game right is what matters. I would never ship a game early (even a couple of months), for 500k.

It's just very odd to read all this and see facts tossed around, that as far as I know, are completely wrong (at least as stated or interpreted above). Maybe it all traces back to the original Gamespot article getting things wrong, or interpreting them wrong (and every other site copy/pasting the news with no attempt to verify), or Take 2's report languge being vague at best. Game journalism is actually pretty annoying in the copy/paste regard.

heres the low down from the 3DRealms staff on this event.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I'm playing Half Life 2 Episode One, and I also just ordered an Audigy 2 ZS on ebay for $45 bucks!  :thumbsup: I had a Soundblaster LIVE! Value card but recently I've been getting many sound problems. My problems occur in GTA:SA and FEAR. It was time ti get a new sound card, The LIVE!Value edition is old.

Hey, I'm contemplating the exact same upgrade... problems aside, is there any noticeable difference in audio quality or CPU utilization?

Ugh, after an exhausting day, it's back to site three of DOOM 3. I'm sending more hellspawn to hell. I'm a paladin without a cup of coffee. If they don't run scared, they'll die quickly.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Took a break to look for music for the vifen. Anyhow, I'm still DOOMing, only now I'm at the bottom of Cavern one getting ready for Cavern two. Soul Cube is great for taking out heavies, like the arch-vile. The Knights aren't even all that tough, but the arch-vile will summon a horde and so he's always my primary target. Anyhow, the BFG can take out knights and other riffraff.

On a side note, I heard it all go down, alan. I was helping a friend today and he's a rabid hockey fan. Sounded like Carolina pretty much dominated statistics-wise, but they only won 2-1. My buddy is for Carolina to win, mostly because he wants two of their players to get a ring or whatever the hell hockey players get. I told him I knew more folks rooting for the Oilers and he said that it was kind of tough because he'd like to see the Oilers win also because of some sort of Canadian controversy.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...And thus it was written in the book of fate that I should smite the hell out of Satan's minions. It was a fun run, but now it's done. Yes, Bok, it was great playing it with the new graphics card. Whew, some pretty eye candy there. The scenes were more varied than FEAR, but the flashlight gimmick, the lack of crouching, and just the fact that it's more dated gives FEAR the advantage. On the other hand, it's a good game. I don't mind the fact that id used spawns, but I have to admit that it's actually nervewracking to play DOOM3. I often feel a little strung out by the time I finish a session, which was quite long tonight because I knew I was approaching the end.

I guess I like the atmosphere and whatnot, but I'm I have to temper these frantic shooters with some RPGs, a game of golf or two, and other, more soothing games.

Also, have any of you managed to shoot and kill one of the NPCs in DOOM3 before? I was playing a while back and I turned and there was someone there. I immediately shot the head before my gun could lower. There was no body left over, but something about the noise he made gave me reason to think maybe I'd done something stupid. So, I reload and, sure enough, he's a scientist who wanted to tell me something. Normally, I can't even shoot the scientists on purpose, but I guess, if you time it just right, you can blow them to kingdom come before you holster your firearm.

Obsidian Plays

Dungeon Siege 2. I like it better then the first but it's still a mindless hack & slash Diablo clone. Not enough gore.

Also still hooked on HoMM 5 but I<m stuck on The Trap. For some reason I keep running out of troops when I get to the city. It's those damn gremlins in the upper right corner of the map that thin my numbers.

Haha, I'm so stupid. I've been wondering why I feel like I never have any time left to play computer games anymore.. and then karka points out that there's some small football tournament going on right now.. :)

I have a game of Heroes of Might & Magic 5 on hold right now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm not playing anything right now...I'm burnt out on the games for the moment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not playing anything right now...I'm burnt out on the games for the moment.

You're playing TOMBS. It's a great game that can be played in short, five minute increments throughout the day.

Obsidian Plays

I'm riding the emotional roller coaster of watching my team lose an important game!

Don't worry bud. My team didn't even make the playoffs... after all the big sports professionals predicted they would go all the way this year.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg