Pictures of your Games: Revolutions

First some crap town in the prologue, next, the world.

Muahahahahaha.

post-2029-1157062915_thumb.jpg

Woah! City guard that's on gold chevrons! >_< Go you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think that's damn pretty.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

No, I don't think it's that pretty for a 3D game - it looked ok when zoomed out but the further you zoomed in the worse it looked to me; I didn't have it on super high AA settings or that resolution you're using, etc. tho. And not that pretty is a requirement if the game's fun. :lol:

The demo was very short, which could've been misleading, but the controls/viewpoint were really awkward - in the demo those early caves had some weird clipping bugs or something as you'd enter them as well as some frame rate drop issues; and the linear pathed outdoors reminded me of Dungeon Siege mapping. Some of the spells looked interesting tho. I was hoping it'd be something my D2 playing buddies might like but they didn't care for it when I asked them to check it out.

Unfortunately the only screen I have from the demo that I didn't delete is the one below - it's a zoomed in one.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That doesn't look pretty to you?  I can see sweat on the horses mane!

Seriously, if all games looked like that, I wouldn't complain at all.

Guys, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the graphics are really crappy. But it didn't look as good while actually playing the game/moving around as in the still screens, if that makes sense. I'm sure it depends a lot on the system and resolution. I tried to play it at 1600x1200 but my mid-high AGP system w/it's new geforce card stuttered and dropped so I had to use 1280. Some of my friends couldn't even get the demo to run. And at 1024 it looked like a fuzzy oil painting to me. Maybe it's just my eyes and what I prefer - I like game graphics that look crisp and sharp, not painting-like. *shrug* :p

The earlier screens loaded surprised me because they didn't look anything like the demo would indicate. If you're curious, I'm sure the demo's still out there.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I doubt the game is very friendly at 1600x1200 on any AGP system.

But I play the game at 1024x768 and still get slowdowns on my Radeon X1900 XTX, so I think something is less than optimized with the code, whether it's graphical or not.

But I think the game looks fine at 1024x768.

I originally played through the game at 1024x768 on my old 6800 and ancient cpu and motherboard. The game could get quite jerky at times, but I still think it was as pretty then as it is now with my new system.

Those screenshots were taken with my new X2 4200+ and 7950GX2, and the only difference I noticed was that now it's a hell of a lot smoother (and I suppose less jaggy with the higher resolution, though jaggies weren't something I noticed much first time around.

Funnily enough, while LadyCrimson mentions the screenshots looking better than seeing the game running, I found the opposite, with the game looking better in action. Don't really understand the bit about the graphics not being crisp and sharp, the character's armour in LC's pic looks pretty crisp and sharp to me.

To each their own. Now, if only I had a turn-based party-based ancient mythological Greece that looked as good as this... *drool*

To each their own. Now, if only I had a turn-based party-[rpg] based [on] ancient mythological Greece that looked as good as this... *drool*

That would be sooo cool. :luck:

kirottu said:

Thief_3_shalebridge_cradle.png

Ominous, much?

kirottu said: