Pictures of your Games: Revolutions

Barbarian Invasion is cool. My only peeves about it are that all the units are too freaking brightly colored, especially Berbers and Persians and that there are even less regions than in normal RTW.

Fortunately I found a nifty mod that fixes those things.

Linkie?

You might like to post your top ten mods, Mus?, too ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Barbarian Invasion is cool. My only peeves about it are that all the units are too freaking brightly colored, especially Berbers and Persians and that there are even less regions than in normal RTW.

Fortunately I found a nifty mod that fixes those things.

Linkie?

You might like to post your top ten mods, Mus?, too ...

Will do.

Check this site for most modding projects: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141

1. This added to this = bliss.

2. Europa Barbarorum

The oldest(dev work started before Rome was released) total conversion that focuses on bringing more depth on the barb factions while still retaining their theme: Quisque barbarus est aliquo. Very elaborate and very historical. The mod has a ton of custom content and a very different model for conquering, modeling such things as supplies, seasons and ethinicities. It's currently in unstable beta but the new version for 1.5(from 0.74 to 0.:p is going to come out next week. It's going to be a second christmas for me. :blink:

3. Rome: Total Realism Gold This little fellow has the questionable fame of being "the most popular mod available for 1.2". Whatever that means. It aims on bringing the most historical gameplay possible(adds Bactria, Ptolemaic Egypt, huge map, etc) while still being user-friendly enough for non-history freaks. Ton of mods are available for the thing and it's pretty much a whole new modding platform for a ginourmous community. Forums are down for host change right now though. The newest available version will be 7.0 and it adds a ton of stuff and updates the game to 1.5. The change log is gigantic, so I won't go into that here. Check this forum out for more info including the yummy map.

4. Ran No Jidai (another)

It's a total conversion that aims to bring Sengoku Jidai into RTW engine. Some of the best skinning and modeling work I've ever seen(and I've frequented a million communities) and I like the simplicity of their combat model. Of course it's not available yet but who cares! I have all the trust in the team.

5. Blue Lotus

It's an awesome fantasy mod set in mythical Orient. An army of demons under the banner of Yomi Legion is advancing on the kingdoms of Asia and the Kharazai Mongol khanate is already trembling under the onslaught of undead and monsters. If you want something entirely different, this is the thing. A very finished beta is available, but there's a nasty CTD related to demon settlements.

6. Hegemonia - City States

Wanna kick Persia off the coast of Hellas? Wanna remake history and push Sparta to the sea in their very height of power. Remember Thermopylai? Remember Marathon? Well, this thing is gonna cause sleepless nights galore once it gets in external beta. Freaking wack. They're going to implement an argive system and really really focus on Greece. And yes, only Macedonians fight in phalanx. This is custom stuff all the way.

7. Terra Expugnandae

"Conquerable lands", right? This mod is severely lighter than all the giants I listed and anyone can pick up the thing without really learning any complicated government systems or economy models(like in EB or RTR) first. Adds a big map and several historical factions(Epirus for example) and makes normal RTW generally more enjoyable, this is pretty much the thing RTW should have been out of the box. A fine mod in open beta.

8. Goth's All Factions Mod 2.2.1

This is the thing that makes BI better. I like it, there's a ton of little fixes and historical features and it's still Barbarian Invasion.

9-28. Just check the link under "Will do". Stuff like Rise of Persia, Flagellum Dei(translate somebody "___of God") and Imperium Julianorum I'm slightly hyped about, but they are in pretty early stages.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What constitutes an important city? Well, most major areas have more than one walled city and all but one faction start with a walled city so no one is seriously nerfed. Important cities tend to be bottlenecks, major trade hubs and historically important cities, like Pergamon, Sinope, Rome, Alesia, Osca etc. But greece is not a siege fest, neither is Italy, the devs weren't Romecentric or Greekcentric, so the amount of walled cities are well spread out over the map.

It does change the focus a bit when you can conquer and lose several in a turn, but that only happens in truly major offensives, since it's better to set a decent garrison to a newly conquered province and began building auxilia than devastate the same province by expanding too quickly and leaving it relatively open for several counterattacks. Another thing you tend to do is trying to conquer important cities the first. Which is actually historical.

It's great, I tried Pontus(which is next to Seleucids and my fav faction in any game) and wasn't instantly run over by Gray Hordes even though I thought I'd be. The thing is that the same problems you have, the enemies tend to have too, so big powers are continuosly harassed(Seleucia and Ptolemaics, Greece and Rome and Macedon, etc) and leave a relatively open playground for the smaller factions.

Except Armenia. It's freaking wacko.

Try it out, you can run Metronaval on the side of Platinum, it's a separate "install".

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Yeah, it will.

I had the habit of garrisoning armies on the frontier in forts. And guarding those damn bottlenecks and landbgridges.

kirottu said:

You can play the whole game not wanting to jump until you come to a situation like this. Meh.

Nothing says "loyalty" like arrow aimed at your back.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Is that game worth the zots?

kirottu said:

It

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Flagellum Dei(translate somebody "___of God")

flagellum 

n noun (plural flagella) Biology a slender thread-like structure, especially a microscopic whip-like appendage which enables many protozoans, bacteria, spermatozoa, etc. to swim.

DERIVATIVES

flagellar adjective

ORIGIN

C19 (denoting a whip or scourge): from Latin, diminutive of flagrum 'scourge'.

∴ Scourge of God

PS

scourge

n noun

1 historical a whip used as an instrument of punishment.

2 a person or thing causing great trouble or suffering.

n verb

1 historical whip with a scourge.

2 cause great suffering to.

DERIVATIVES

scourger noun (historical).

ORIGIN

Middle English: shortening of Old French escorge (noun), escorgier (verb), from Latin ex- 'thoroughly' + corrigia 'thong, whip'.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Flagellum Dei(translate somebody "___of God")

flagellum 

n noun (plural flagella) Biology a slender thread-like structure, especially a microscopic whip-like appendage which enables many protozoans, bacteria, spermatozoa, etc. to swim.

DERIVATIVES

flagellar adjective

ORIGIN

C19 (denoting a whip or scourge): from Latin, diminutive of flagrum 'scourge'.

∴ Scourge of God

PS

scourge

n noun

1 historical a whip used as an instrument of punishment.

2 a person or thing causing great trouble or suffering.

n verb

1 historical whip with a scourge.

2 cause great suffering to.

DERIVATIVES

scourger noun (historical).

ORIGIN

Middle English: shortening of Old French escorge (noun), escorgier (verb), from Latin ex- 'thoroughly' + corrigia 'thong, whip'.

High King of Huns, Attila, in short. :thumbsup: Thanks Meta.

kirottu said: