Pictures of your Games: Revolutions

78% of the WH40k: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade demo downloaded.

Damn, I have to play this through this night, since these computahs don't save information after boot.

Heh, I actually was supposed to post this at the games last played-thread, but it got sorta mixed and ended here.

For what it's worth, the demo is probably really cool, but these school computers don't let me unpack zips. Not even with winzip.

So, it's four weeks till I can play any games, then? Sweet.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The winter months have been long, and pretty much a stalemate. Though, as spring approaches, the UK forces in Stuttgart got hit pretty nastily from four fronts and had to retreat to the Maginot Line. We're still holding Saarbrucken, though I wonder if that'll last. On the upside, we're in a good defensive position thanks to the rivers. In any case, we can fall back to Maginot if need be. My concern now is the Belgian border. I've been amassing troops and fortifications there, but I'm not sure how long we'll hold. Once they breach, there isn't much to keep them from just reaching Paris. On the upside, we have air superiority. As the imminent invasion approaches, the plot thickens. This game has awesome build-up. The past 15 hrs or so have been preparation for the defense of France. Kick-arse.

post-161-1157411213_thumb.jpg

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Don't forget the Angorian troops in the area either! Africa has come to help France in its moment of need!

Most of Republican SPain's forces are amassed in Saarbruken, Maginot, and Valenciennes. The Maginot has been extended up to the English Channel, though it's not quite as fortified as the Alscaise-Lorraine region.

The Stuttgart attack was surprising. It was a multifront battle, but we had the advantage of defending in Winter. Though all of our provinces now require the Germans to cross a river, which can incur some pretty heavy penalties upon an attack. I'm not worried about that region...but the Belgiums...that's a bit nerve wracking.

Don't forget the Angorian troops in the area either!  Africa has come to help France in its moment of need!

Most of Republican SPain's forces are amassed in Saarbruken, Maginot, and Valenciennes.  The Maginot has been extended up to the English Channel, though it's not quite as fortified as the Alscaise-Lorraine region.

The Stuttgart attack was surprising.  It was a multifront battle, but we had the advantage of defending in Winter.  Though all of our provinces now require the Germans to cross a river, which can incur some pretty heavy penalties upon an attack.  I'm not worried about that region...but the Belgiums...that's a bit nerve wracking.

Which is why I need to mobilize my forces over there. I'm relying on you two to lead the defense of the Maginot Line, while I provide some support. I need more units near Belgium. I have a bad feeling about this.

:wub:

Hadescopy.jpg

Maginot is pretty secure with it's high fortress ranking.

Most units (except for generals with Fortress Buster traits) typically fight at 1% effectiveness (They get a 9% penalty per level of the fort). Even with a Fortress Buster (which Manstein, their whoop-ass General, is) they still only fight at around 20% effectiveness.

Plus, if we can hold onto Saarbruken, they also get the extra penalties of fighting across a river. Mulhouse, with it's single border into Germany, is pretty secure.

Though with the new system, both bombers and fights slowly wear down forts. The fact that their level 10 lets them rebuild at a decent rate though, and they'll probably lose most of their organization before they can sufficiently wear down the forts. As in history, Maginot seems pretty secure (at least until it's cut off).

The forts you built along the Belgian Border will help. We need to hold Reins because it's so pivotal to encircling the Maginot line, and it provides a great way to provide supporting attacks, since it's adjacent to so many provinces.

Most units (except for generals with Fortress Buster traits) typically fight at 1% effectiveness  (They get a 9% penalty per level of the fort).  Even with a Fortress Buster (which Manstein, their whoop-ass General, is) they still only fight at around 20% effectiveness.

Hmm, good to know. That sounds promising.

The four provinces bordering Belgium all have 3 forts, currently, and in the process of getting 2 extra each. The first should be done in 1-2 months. I should be fully finished by June. Having 5 forts per province will be quite useful. Of course, this requires that we delay them sufficiently until June. Time might be against us. I was hoping we'd be able to distract them past Maginot (and possibly gain some more territory, too) for a while, but it seems that's not really an option anymore. They're just plowing through us without proper fortifications. Doesn't bode well.

Hadescopy.jpg

They outnumber us immensely.

I almost wonder if an elastic defense is what we'll need. Let them take some territory, so that we can encircle them and eradicate them. If your army has no territories to retreat to, if they lose the battle they effectively surrender and every unit in the stack is elimated.

Historically France didn't have a Spain sending allies either, so that could be what we need to slow down the advance. As long as we can stop them from taking Paris, you should be in decent shape. If we can stall the advance, we can put reinforcements right near the front line. Germany won't have that luxury, as units have to be placed in owned provinces, not occupied provinces (though I think there's an event that switches Belgium and the Netherlands to German owned territories, mostly because they are impossible to annex and it became really annoying).

Also, if we can get some of that Infiltration doctrine stuff, we'll become more effective at night, which essentially lets us fight more effectively around the clock. If we can get to the second one, we'll actually defend more efficiently at night than during the day!

Pushing forward into France

A few days later

I'm in an Alliance with Hungary and Slovakia. Pushing to have an alliance with Yugoslavia, and with the fall of France, Italy should be all chumy with me.

Denmark is also mine, and am currently making my way through Norway. As far as I know I have taken all the troops, it's just that it's slow going with all the mountains.

In the future I'll have to have a squad of Mountain divisions sent up there, rather than the standard infantry.

Holland will likely be next on the chopping block, as well as Spain. They defeated Franco and the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War, so I don't trust them to the south.

Edited by alanschu

Pushing forward into France

A few days later

I'm in an Alliance with Hungary and Slovakia.  Pushing to have an alliance with Yugoslavia, and with the fall of France, Italy should be all chumy with me.

Denmark is also mine, and am currently making my way through Norway.  As far as I know I have taken all the troops, it's just that it's slow going with all the mountains.

In the future I'll have to have a squad of Mountain divisions sent up there, rather than the standard infantry.

Holland will likely be next on the chopping block, as well as Spain.  They defeated Franco and the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War, so I don't trust them to the south.

What game is that?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I guess that it is Hearts of Iron II.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

:p

Here is a different character. A strapping young Breton with full magic training and little else. Use the alternate start mod so he comes from a fairly wealthy family bought him a house in Cheydinayl (msp?). He found an dying escaped prisoner with the amulet of kings and a note right outside his door.

post-199-1157507421_thumb.jpg

Edited by Judge Hades

Well...I thought it was pretty.

post-2035-1157510171_thumb.jpg

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I THINK it's advent rising.

Yeah, the sad thing is it's near impossible to get screencaps of the coolest stuff because all my fingers are occupied. Melee+Power combos and such.

My favorite is a punch right before unleashing a fully charged surge. Also jumping in and out of cover while hitting the baddies in the face with surge or a shield bubble. Also the fatalities. This is very violent for a game written by a mormon. :ph34r:

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I THINK it's advent rising.

Yeah, the sad thing is it's near impossible to get screencaps of the coolest stuff because all my fingers are occupied. Melee+Power combos and such.

My favorite is a punch right before unleashing a fully charged surge. Also jumping in and out of cover while hitting the baddies in the face with surge or a shield bubble. Also the fatalities. This is very violent for a game written by a mormon. :ph34r:

the guy wrote ENDERS GAME! what did you expect?

I had that but couldn't get past fighting in orbit after you get your psi powers because the game had less QA on it than Bloodlines and K2 Combined. (for PC)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It wasn't the creator's fault. Majesco also pushed the deadlines up after the fact, gave it almost no advertising, and then had the gall to complain when it got panned by reviewers/didn't sell hardly at all. I thought Ubisoft was bad, at least they managed to give their 'futuristic supernatural human beginning of a trilogy game' with excellent story polish while they weren't marketing it.

Still bitter about Beyond Good and Evil, now I'm bitter about Advent Rising too. What is it with good games that are supposed to start trilogies sucking?

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP