2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

Also, I don't need to read commentarys to formulate my own opinion.

Really? So if everyone disagrees with you, you're just going to stick with your viewpoint? Ok.

Anyways, the elbow was very deserving of a red card. The second red card was complete bullocks. It wouldn't even have been a very decent yellow card. Pope deserved to get thrown for the 2 yellow cards, although neither was super strong.

I really only have a problem with the second red card. It was the guys first offense and he made contact with the ball. It was barely a foul, at at most a yellow.

I don't know why people are criticizing that call it was a 2 footed tackle thats how ankles get broken . it was reckless

Onto today's action even though Brazil won 2-0 against the Aussies they did not show there dominance and whats up with Ronaldo . and soon as they put Robinho in his place they looked better . there just doesn't seem to be chemistry between Adriano and Ronaldo.. France is in trouble again if the Swiz pull off a win against Togo

France sucks, end of story. They need to do like the Dutch, rid the team of the most arrogant self obsessed players and create something fresh.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Also, I don't need to read commentarys to formulate my own opinion.

Really? So if everyone disagrees with you, you're just going to stick with your viewpoint? Ok.

Anyways, the elbow was very deserving of a red card. The second red card was complete bullocks. It wouldn't even have been a very decent yellow card. Pope deserved to get thrown for the 2 yellow cards, although neither was super strong.

I really only have a problem with the second red card. It was the guys first offense and he made contact with the ball. It was barely a foul, at at most a yellow.

Well if you wanna let other people do the thinking for you, don't let me stop you.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Guest The Architect

We lost to Brazil '2-0'. :thumbsup: But there is no shame in losing to the World Champions, I was proud of the way we played, Brazil could never get their fluency going because of our tactical discipline, except for that one occassion when Adriano scored, we had three players on Ronaldo and only one on Ronaldo, now that's not on, to me, it was obvious that Ronaldo was going to pass the ball to Adriano, I could see the goal coming, its not like we needed three players to stop Ronaldo, if he tried to take even one of our players on via dribbling, I think he would of failed because he's not the player he once was and I think we had his measure.

I was still pissed off with the refereeing and so was the Aussie crowd, you could hear the booing quite clearly, we are not an overly physical team, just about every time a Brazillian went down it was a free kick to them, that was BS, as from what I saw, they fell over themselves either accidently or deliberately (diving). ****in refs! And also, if you look carefully, the second goal should never have been given as it was offside when the ball was played through.

Overall I was impressed with our performance (especially the defending) although some of our delivery from the wings and finishing was poor. I could have killed Kewell for missing a sitter, what the bloody hell is it with players kicking the ball too hard and too high? Too many players overplay the ball with their crosses and shots IMHO, what is so hard about keeping the ball down and keeping the ball in play when crossing? It's not hard.

So, GO THE SOCCEROOS! I hope we make it into the last 16. A draw or a win against Croatia will do. WE WILL SHOW THE REST OF THE WORLD THAT WE ARE NOT EASYBEAT PUSHOVERS LIKE MOST PEOPLE THINK WE ARE! WE WILL GET THE ATTENTION FROM THE BIG NATIONS, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT! Well, at least I hope so anyway.

One more thing, Brazil would want to improve if they plan on winning the World Cup again, because they look flat and will not win it unless they improve IMHO...

Edited by The Architect

(tubby) Ronaldo can still take player on 1-1 but not 2 or 3 of them anymore.

I don't know why Hiddink took Cahill off when he brought Kewell on. Maybe he was saving his key players (Bresciano, Kewell, Aloisi on the bench wtf) for Croatia.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

France sucks, end of story. They need to do like the Dutch, rid the team of the most arrogant self obsessed players and create something fresh.

Yeah, and everyone was telling us "haha you got rid of your best players u r stupid" beforehand.

Still, keeper Van De Sar still shows no signs of deterioration. So sad he's quitting.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Too bad for the Socceroos, I was really rooting for them. Kewell will have had some nightmares last night.

Today feels like a slow World Cup day. Boring games (what's that Spain group all about anyway?) and Oiler game tonight so you're not too interested football today anyway. Tomorrow, on the other hand, we have Sweden-England which should be really interesting, especially pending the result in Ecuador-Germany. If Germany end up second in that group then Sweden-England may end up looking like one odd match. Hopefully Sweden can give me some comfort should Edmonton lose tonight.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

A good effort by Spain. For a team that was losing for 70 minutes they sure looked a very solid side. I was very impressed with how they refused to panic and kept the tempo up and passed the ball around without too many touches in between. They're a tactically very well drilled team and their constant off-the-ball movement paid off big time. Tunisia played well but suffered the common underdog fate of tiring around 70 min, which was just around the time of Raul's equaliser. This Spanish team has impressed me greatly today and maybe, just maybe they can finally challenge for honours this year.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Too bad the format from tomorrow onwards includes pairs of concurrent matches. Yeah, it adds a bit of spice since not knowing your rivals results means you can't take your foot off the gas, but it's still a bitch to watch. :rolleyes:

Even if you try an be clever by recording the other, the **** comentators will only spoil it for you by saying, "We intereupt this broadcast to bring you breaking news from the other Group X match," or, "Meanwhile, over in Hamburg, Zambagonda Rebuplic's fate has taken another twist..." <_<

Also: Who's alt is Checkpoint?

manthing2.jpg

Yeah, and since I'm watching the Korea match with other Koreans, there will inevitably be cries of "OMG FRANCE IS LOSING/WINNING/EXPLODING" to my great dismay.

But hey, nothing like watching a footblal match after you know the results, huh?

Guest The Architect

This is who I think will be playing who in the last 16...

Ecuador vs. Sweden

Argentina vs. Mexico

England vs. Germany

Portugal vs. Netherlands

Ghana vs. Australia

Switzerland vs. Ukraine

Brazil vs. Italy

Spain vs. France

So far I've been pretty pleased, as well as surprised with my World Cup predictions being pretty accurate, the games so far in this World Cup that I have exactly predicted (score and outcome) are...

England 1-0 Paraguay

Trinidad and Tobago 0-0 Sweden (no joke)

Argentina 2-1 Ivory Coast

Serbia and Montenegro 0-1 Netherlands

Mexico 3-1 Iran

Angola 0-1 Portugal

Italy 2-0 Ghana

France 0-0 Switzerland

Korea Republic 2-1 Togo

Germany 1-0 Poland

France 1-1 Korea Republic

Results that I haven't got right are... (My Prediction in brackets)

Germany 4-2 Costa Rica (Germany 3-1 Costa Rica)

Ecuador 3-0 Costa Rica (Ecuador 2-2 Costa Rica)

Poland 0-2 Ecuador (Poland 0-1 Ecuador)

Sweden 1-0 Paraguay (Sweden 2-1 Paraguay)

England 2-0 Trinidad and Tobago (England 3-0 Trinidad and Tobago)

Netherlands 2-1 Ivory Coast (Netherlands 3-1 Ivory Coast)'

Argentina 6-0 Serbia and Montenegro (Argentina 2-0 Serbia and Montenegro)

Mexico 0-0 Angola (Mexico 3-0 Angola)

Portugal 2-0 Iran (Portugal 3-1 Iran)

United States 0-3 Czech Republic (United States 2-3 Czech Republic)

Italy 1-1 United States (Italy 2-0 United States)

Czech Republic 0-2 Ghana (Czech Republic 3-2 Ghana)

Australia 3-1 Japan :D (Australia 1-1 Japan)

Brazil 1-0 Croatia (Brazil 3-1 Croatia)

Japan 0-0 Croatia (Japan 1-1 Croatia)

Brazil 2-0 Australia :lol: (Brazil 2-1 Australia)

Togo 0-2 Switzerland (Togo 0-3 Switzerland)

Spain 4-0 Ukraine (Spain 2-0 Ukraine)

Tunisia 2-2 Saudi Arabia (Tunisia 1-1 Saudi Arabia)

Spain 3-1 Tunisia (Spain 2-0 Tunisia)

Saudi Arabia 0-4 Ukraine (Saudi Arabia 1-3 Ukraine)

And I'm being serious about this too, I'm not lying about my correct predictions, there would be no reason or purpose to lie anyway and if you don't beleive that I've predicted the correct, exact score of eleven matches so far then fair enough, your entitled to your own opinion, in fact, I'll post the rest of my predictions soon, BEFORE the third round of matches begin, so people know I'm not lying if I get more predictions exactly right...

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect

THE REST OF MY PREDICTIONS

Ecuador 1-1 Germany

Costa Rica 2-3 Poland

Sweden 0-0 England

Paraguay 0-1 Trinidad and Tobago

Netherlands 1-1 Argentina

Ivory Coast 3-0 Serbia and Montenegro

Portugal 1-1 Mexico

Iran 1-2 Angola

Czech Republic 1-1 Italy

Ghana 3-2 United States

Japan 1-5 Brazil

Croatia 1-1 Australia

Switzerland 1-0 Korea Republic

Togo 0-3 France

Ukraine 2-1 Tunisia

Saudi Arabia 0-5 Spain

LAST 16

Ecuador 1-2 Sweden

Argentina 2-1 Mexico

England 1-0 Germany (Golden Goal)

Portugal 1-2 Netherlands

Ghana 0-2 Australia

Switzerland 2-0 Ukraine

Brazil 1-1 Italy (Brazil win 4-3 on pens)

Spain 0-0 France (Spain win 5-4 on pens)

LAST 8

Sweden 1-3 Argentina

England 1-0 Netherlands

Australia 2-0 Switzerland

Brazil 3-1 Spain

LAST 4

Argentina 2-1 Australia

England 1-0 Brazil

3RD PLACE

Australia 1-2 Brazil

FINAL

Argentina 1-2 England

1ST England

2ND Argentina

3RD Brazil

I'm probably way off the mark, but this is how I see things panning out from here on end...

Edited by The Architect

Australia in the semi final? You should start praying.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest The Architect
Australia in the semi final? You should start praying.

Yeah, you can see my bias towards Australia coming in there, but if the group's finish how I think they will (not 100% sure what the exact scores are going to be but) if everything goes according to the way I see it, then I can see us beating Ghana in the last 16 and beating Switzerland in the quater-finals. Don't underestimate the capabilities of the Socceroos, especially under genius Guus Hiddink, we are better than what most people think we are. Oh yeah before, what I said about me disliking Portugal and calling them a bunch of diving sissy's, etc, well, I'll take that back, they have brilliant players and under Scolari, could be a dark-horse.

It seems to me that most teams dive (we don't) I suppose before the cause of my dislike of Portugal was exagerrated, it was mainly because of one player, who I'll refuse to like, yes, I'm not denying that he's a very good player, but to me, Cristiano Ronaldo is a diving sissy showoff tool hog who tries to do too much. Just like Joe Cole IMHO. So Soulseeker, I'll take back what I said about Portugal, under Scolari, I don't mind them, but I'll never ever like England and the USA, I hate them with a passion!

But unfortunately, I can see England winning the World Cup, I have my reasons, but I'll keep them to myself (no I don't think there the best team, but the best team doesn't always win the World Cup, but if you win the World Cup, you have the bragging rights as best team simply because if another team claims they are better, then they should have beaten you or gone further than you, but they didn't)...

Edited by The Architect

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), the Germany 0-1 England (Golden Goal) doesn't seem likely, as England usually fade as the match goes on. Anything's possible of course, and at least if England do win I'm out of the country and won't have to endure it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

ok, so what happens if the US beats ghana? that would leave the US with 4, ghana with 3, and italy and czech with 4 and 3 respectively. after the italy-czech match, then it could be (italy/czech): 7/3, 4/6, 5/4

sooo, assuming the US wins (stretch), the 1st scenario puts the US and italy in the next round. the 2nd puts czech in the 2nd round with italy and the US tied. the third puts italy in the 2nd round with czech and the US tied, which czech will win the tiebreaker since they beat the US in the first match. that leaves deciding the 2nd scenario tiebreaker, right? since the US and italy tied their match, would it go to total goals scored, or total delta between goals scored and given up?

either way, i'm rooting for a US and italy win!

taks

comrade taks... just because.