2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

Ouch!

But still, i can't say that it was intentional. It's more likely that Rooney said something to Ronaldo and giving him a small push.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Look at these beatiful pics...makes me wanna cry out of happiness :'( :(:p

_41835876_becks220.jpg

_41837304_beckham_wavesbye203.jpg

_41836280_deject416.jpg

1422148.jpg

1422180.jpg

1422182.jpg

Beatiful just beatiful....I would like to qoute Cartman here from a certain episode from South Park but I won't....let's not over do it :p

Edited by Hildegard

Brazil didn't deserve the free kick at the end since Ronaldo made a blatant dive. A pity, the rest of the game was fairly clean IMO, and the kick itself was a near thing from Ronaldinho.

It's probably going to be a Germany - France final, based on their momentum.

And what's up with Hildegard and England? Portugal aren't exactly a "great" team either, filled with diving and general a**hole-ism.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My money's now all on Brazil.

Need a loan? :p

Not that my predictions were any more accurate. I guess Germany or France will win, but I'm supporting Portugal, just because they have to be the underdogs now.

I would root for them aswell, but since they're using tactics that would put Italy to shame, i just can't.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Probably a bad time to wear my new jacket around English ex-pats.

:p

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Yeah I figured as much from their names, however I still find the ratio sort of odd. :p

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Any reason in particular, though...?

We're a bit in the dark here as to why you hate England, you see.

Well I certainly do appreciate your interest for the reason of my dislike of England...the reason is deep and complicated and I'll be here for a few more hours because I'm leaving again, yes many will be pleased to hear that...so next time maybe...

Edited by Hildegard

Probably a bad time to wear my new jacket around English ex-pats.

:p

That's just .... wrong!

By the way, I saw on TV that Maradona flounced out of the Germany-Argentina match because one of his entourage was refused entry to the stadium. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

But Maradona was great this World Cup. He acted like a real supporter of Argentina. Not like all them old tards who refuses to cheer for their own country, because the feel themselves to important for it.

Yeah I figured as much from their names, however I still find the ratio sort of odd.  :(

Trust me, those guys that were born in French colonies are often more French than the French themselves. They've had the opportunity to live with foreigners and deteste them all the more.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Yeah I figured as much from their names, however I still find the ratio sort of odd.  :(

What about American basketball teams?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest The Architect

Well, looks like my 'soccer conspiracy theory' went flying out of the window, which is a bloody good thing! Bye bye England you useless overhyped, overrated chokers, suck ****! You guys once again have been proven that your NOT the best team in the world when you claim you are.

I was surprised to see England get knocked out, because I thought they were going to win the World Cup. Why? I developed this 'soccer conspiracy theory' that England was going to win the World Cup only because there games were fixed. Whether it be by paying refs or paying players from the opposition or paying the opposition coach or paying opposition team staff, or paying the offside guys, etc or a combo of these things, I had no doubt in my mind that England would win the World Cup.

Combine the match fixing scandal in the Serie A with the over-confidence of the English players, staff and the coach Eriksson who claimed things such as 'we will be there on the 9th of July" and "we are going to win the football match" and "we will win the World Cup" and I began to raise suspicions. What was with all the arrogance of the English coach and the players? Were they so full of themselves or were they ****y because they knew they were going to win the World Cup because the deal had already been done? It turns out that they were just a bunch of arrogant stooges.

So when England's matches began, I was keen to see what progress they'd make. I tipped England to win the World Cup, because I thought England's matches were fixed, and if you look at how England played and look at the way they got to the quater-finals, well, can you really blame me for being suspicious of corruption?

But then the best moment of the weekend happened on Sunday morning, England were knocked out in a penalty shootout in the quater-finals once again, they choked again after promising so much, I was surprised with England's exit but also delighted since I hate England with a passion when it comes to soccer, I was certain that they were going to win the World Cup, but now there gone!

Well done to Portugal, under Scolari, they are a super team, they have the players, now they have the coach, it may just be Portugal's time, we'll see. Unlike most people, I was not surprised with Brazil's exit. I tipped France to win, I knew they'd beat Brazil, Brazil were disappointing, they are too old, too arrogant and there defence was very unorganized, poor and very suspect, they deserved to lose to a classy French side who are showing there experience with technically brilliant football and sublime passing skills. They are combining a rock solid defence with a strong possession based midfield and a dangerous attack, France are brilliant, they have impressed me a lot, sure they weren't great in the group stages but couldn't anyone see the signs of their class in those matches, or was I the only one? Gees, just because you may play boring, unattractive football, doesn't mean your playing bad and in my opinion, France are far from boring and unattractive, they are a delight to watch, I'd rather watch good, disciplined team football than the overplaying fancy individual crap that Brazil attempted to produce in their shorter than expected campaign.

I knew the French would beat Brazil and Spain, in my opinion, Spain were overrated and were never really tested in the group stages. They were definately not as good as what they were made out to be and sides that are better than Spain would of smashed Ukraine, Saudi Arabia and Tunisia more than what they did, and with Brazil, after the way France played against Spain and the way Brazil was playing, how were they going to beat France? I knew the French would shut them down, especially after watching the weaknesses that Brazil had against Ghana that I knew the French would exploit against Brazil.

But getting back to Portugal, I was very impressed with Ronaldo's performance (considering he wasn't fully fit too) and Ricardo's performance against England, during the first half, Portugal showed no signs of being payed, so I did begin to get my hopes up. Well done Portugal, you knocked out England, ****in well done!

Overall, the last four really have been the form teams of the competition, Germany, France and Portugal deserve to be there, yes, Italy have been very good, but I don't know, if the game against us went into extra time we could have gone through, and perhaps we'd be facing Germany in the semi-finals, but the dog would've caught the rabbit if he didn't stop to take a ****, in other words, it's all what 'if's', it cannot really be proven how far we could have gone, because it never happened, but apart from that bull**** controversal win against us, Italy have been good enough to be a 'semi-final' team, Argentina were unlucky just like us not to make the semi-finals, but perhaps if Peckerman played Saviola, Messi and Aimar and left Riquelme on then Argentina may have gotten into the semi-finals, but perhaps Peckerman was payed by the Germans, maybe that's why he didn't bring on Saviola and Messi at least, but I shouldn't really talk about 'soccer conspiracies' anymore should I? Because my 'soccer conspiracy theory' turned out to be a load of crap, but that's a good thing, anyway, I'm looking forward to the semi-finals, I think 'Germany vs. Italy' and 'Portugal vs. France' are going to be absolute rippers, I'm not even going to bother predicting who will win those games, because all the semi-finalists have their strengths and have been playing well, so it really comes down to which team can exploit the other teams mistakes in those games.

Edited by The Architect

I think Germany v Italy has extra time written all over it.

I concur.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy