2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

That's the word in the media no doubt. We'll probably only know for real if and when he speaks of it in a few days time.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

That's the word in the media no doubt. We'll probably only know for real if and when he speaks of it in a few days time.

If he ever will.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What a bitch-way to hit a guy. With your head. I mean, at least throw a punch.

Only the goal keeper is allowed to use his hands in Football ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

He had a shoulder injury. ;)

Other rumours include insulting his mother (who is sick and in hospital now apparently), mocking Zidane's football mentor who recently died after a long cancer battle, suggesting his castration, etc, etc.

What a bitch-way to hit a guy. With your head. I mean, at least throw a punch.

But it is more fair to headbutt: it takes more time than a punch for you to move your head into a chest and you also can hurt yourself if you do it wrong. Moreover, if you watch closely, the guy starts to move back a little before he is hit, so it probably didn't hurt him as bad as it would've. I'd say about 36 newtons exchanged.

Edited by Blank

Well, the Italians are tough.

Their screams of agony indicate that they receive multiple career ending injuries a game. But they find a way to miraculously recover time and time again.

I think the Italians (and the Portuguese) are superhuman!

soccer is an awesome sport despite that head-butting pansy!

EDIT: I've just offended everyone on the forum. Statement changed.

A lot easier to floor somebody with a punch than with a head-butt. :p"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I think the Italians and the Portoguese are the ones ruining the game of football. And I must agree with the k-fruit3: this was the worst World Cup Finals I've ever seen. People can say whatever they want, but the flops and diving was worse than ever. AND I'VE SEEN ITALIAN FOOTBALL BEFORE.

Something about the game definitely has to change. I wish they would change the way the referee works (like they did in the NHL last season), but that will never happen.. The system is too old and full of tradition.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think the Italians and the Portoguese are the ones ruining the game of football. And I must agree with the k-fruit3: this was the worst World Cup Finals I've ever seen. People can say whatever they want, but the flops and diving was worse than ever. AND I'VE SEEN ITALIAN FOOTBALL BEFORE.

Something about the game definitely has to change. I wish they would change the way the referee works (like they did in the NHL last season), but that will never happen.. The system is too old and full of tradition.

You know, Sepp Blater wants to intoduce a second referee. Not as good as insant video replays, but better than nothing.

manthing2.jpg

No doubt they were big offenders, but they wern't the only ones by any means.

side note: Viewership of the cup was up 183% in the US (no numbers, just heard it on the radio).....wonder how many of those will watch next time? Bad press is better than no press I guess.

Soccer doesn't suffer from lack of US interest, so amazingly enough, no non-USer cares about US viewership. :p Not being angry, just ironic. US statistics are so often seen as representative of the world (that matters).

Soccer doesn't suffer from lack of US interest, so amazingly enough, no non-USer cares about US viewership. :lol: Not being angry, just ironic. US statistics are so often seen as representative of the world (that matters).

Well, most US statistics do often have representative bearing on the world. Not being arrogant, just fact. :p

manthing2.jpg

Not in this case. Even without the US, the Football World Cup is pretty much the most watched sports event in the world.

True enough. But what's really annoying is that the US media are probably the most delusional in their sporting analysts - after the the English of course. I've never seen a panel of "experts" so dire as those hacks on ESPN (morons on BBC and ITV not included).

manthing2.jpg