BREAKING NEWS: JADE EMPIRE FOR PC

http://jade.bioware.com/pc/
Jade Empire Coming to PC

[May 08] The mysterious world of Jade Empire is coming to PC with stunning high-resolution graphics and new visual effects. The original, critically acclaimed story is injected with new content, all exclusively designed for the PC.

headline_enhanced_373x39.jpg
  • Customizable, intuitive controls including support for game-pads and keyboard/mouse.

• Increased graphics resolutions and new visual effects.

• New monsters and enemies.

• New fighting styles.

• Improved combat AI and difficulty levels.

• New world map interface.

:thumbsup:

The part about the controls disappoints me. It more'n likely means "Well you can 'get by' with a keyboard and mouse, but really, you should use a gamepad, because the camera's going to kill you repeatedly and every time you die the dark souls who devolped this abomination of a control system are going to be laughing at your torment."

:( Seriously, anybody else played The Two Thrones on PC? >_<

Says the man who has a wholesale hardware purchasing account ... :-"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You should highlight improved combat AI too.

I was trying not to overdo the highlights ... especially when the control system may just be "mouse-and-keyboardified" (and still compatible with the gamepad!), and the improved AI might turn out to be less than impressive ... O! The monsters aren't running off the cliff to their death! Wow!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Those bullet points really sound like it could be anything from "Virtually Nothing" to "A lot". New fighting styles, for example - it might either be one half-assed style or one-two well done ones, same with monsters, combat AI (that might not even be noticable), etc.

Still, any new additions are good.

"Those bullet points really sound like it could be anything from "Virtually Nothing" to "A lot"."

Yup. Which is why one shouldn't buy the game *just* for those enhancements but only if you want JE for PC on its own merits (good or bad)>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes. And having played it once, I see no reason to, myself. I guess it's a good buy for others who missed out on Oblivion or are finjished with it already.

Same here. Not buying it when it comes. Probably well when it's $20 to add to my PC Game Collection; though... But, I cna't justify a purchase of a game at full price I already played/owned espicially since I gave others like Eldar a hard real time for doing that with KOTOR. LOL

Maybe the price will go down enough a year or two after its PC release. If not, oh well.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So, is it coming or isn't it coming? I'm confused :confused:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

http://jade.bioware.com/pc/

What's there to not understand?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Same here. Not buying it when it comes. Probably well when it's $20 to add to my PC Game Collection; though... But, I cna't justify a purchase of a game at full price I already played/owned espicially since I gave others like Eldar a hard real time for doing that with KOTOR.  LOL

Maybe the price will go down enough a year or two after its PC release. If not, oh well.

For a moment I thought you were Hades.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm only 5 hours in on the Xbox version so I may hold off playing the rest of it and get it for the PC. Mainly it would be for the visuals. Although, the game seems like it was meant to be played with a controller so I'm interested to see how the whole mouse/keyboard play is gonna work.

Godammit people! Haven't you learned yet? One little smirk about Jade Empire, may it be sarcastic or not, will summon an immidiate r00fles to the thread, followed by 15-page discussion about something we all already know: Volourn likes JE :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy