What are you playing now...

Darque

Well, the company went down with the tide like a 2 bit prostitute in a 12 dollar whore house. I don't think we can rail against them too much since they no longer exist.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I disregarded some lukewarm reviews and bought Stronghold2, thinking for $20 hey maybe it'd at least be fun to free-build castles in 3D.

Let's say so far I'm not very impressed. Mostly a very clunky interface...sometimes you click stuff on the menu and it doesn't even respond. The worst tho is that peasants turn to crime & desert their job randomly, no matter how 'happy' they are overall, and it's easier to just delete their empty work building and build a new one for a 'new' peasant than to wait for the original to be caught by the guards, spend time in the stockade and go back to work. Just stupid.

But it is prettier. Somewhat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anything and everything I have in my games collection really, although still too much WoW.

Just bought Guild Wars the other day, can't say I really find it that fun though, and combat seems a little stiff really.

I'm still on HoM&M 5.

It's still very good in the forth mission. I can't help but compare it to a turn-based Warcraft 3 with better control of the camera. HoMM5 is all 3D.

They actually made the game easier to get into, with the tutorial incorporated in the first missions and good use of tooltips.

The single player campaign works like WC3 as you can only play other races once you've cleared the first, second, etc. I haven't played the scenario missions or mp yet.

Combat is a bit repetitive already but it gets better when the hero gains more skills and spells. My strategy so far is simply to gangup on the stronger foes and mopping up the rest after.

Visuals are also very similar to WC3 but more detailed and slightly less cartoony. It's nice to be able to zoom in on the hero and go around him/her with the camera, armor shining in the sun and flags flapping in the wind. Impressive.

The game lags just a bit and some loading times seem to freeze but that could be due to my machine as it is barely above the minimum specs with most settings on normal. It still induced some jaw-droppings already though...

Recommended. :-

Edited by astr0creep

Welcome to the club, angshuman. ^_^

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm still on HoM&M 5. -snip-

I'm working my way through it too. It's pretty good so far, though I'm already feeling the repetition of combat too. Seems like tactics are sort of limited or something. I just let my ranged guys wittle away at oncoming enemies then send in the melee and that seems to do the trick for almost every battle. Of course I've only started on the second act of the campaign(the demons).

It reminds me more of Disciples 2 than WC3, but not nearly as good in terms of gameplay. The story is fancier though.

And thus, another game of FEAR is finished. Much better this time. However, the ending still sucks. I mean, why doesn't the hero ever get a break in horror flicks/games? Come on, did they have to make it look like they're going to plunder the franchise for every cheesy second?

On the other hand, the fights were good. I still prefer HL2 or PKGold, but I though it made for a good gaming experience. Now I'll probably play a game of DOOM3. Either that, or I'll break down and purchase CoC D2D.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!