NWN2 only 20 hours long?

Meshugger

Enough I have played. I can recall playing Kotor 1 and 2 on it since the ex prefered it on the X-Box than the pc for some reason.

Those don't count as those are PC games ported to console.

I'm talking about console games.

As in games made FOR consoles, not ports of PC games.

Jade Empire and those Final Fantasy games. :)

Or the Shin Megami Tensei games... the only games that let you kick God's ass.

You should play God of War.

Lol... We aren't talking about one of many Gods... We are talking about GOD (most SMT games did not make it to the US because of the way they present Christianity).

:">

:)

centinexx.png

Quit being so disagreeable.

Ahem... and you're one to talk :)

*points to an above post about SMT:N*

You seem to be ignoring something. :ph34r:

We do not see anything. :)

Just because it's a game that totally proves you wrong AND would draw you into the world of consoles :)

Come on, get that PS2 you've always wanted :)

I usually dislike jRPG's because they're so exceptionally story-centric. Dragon Quest 8 has a really strong story, but it also has a fantastic gameworld that gives you the illusion that you're free to do anything. The game's story is strictly linear and the quests only have one solution, but I still loved it. I guess the exploration parts were strong enough to counter the bad parts.

Very true. I noticed also that at times, on the path of the main quest they will toss stuff at you that's quiet unusuall or just plain unrelated to the main story. Really makes it seem non-linear.

@ Topic

I wonder if 20 hours is just the estimated for those extreme RPG players... :)

Edited by Haitoku

Quit being so disagreeable.

Ahem... and you're one to talk :p

*points to an above post about SMT:N*

You seem to be ignoring something. :ph34r:

We do not see anything. :luck:

Just because it's a game that totally proves you wrong AND would draw you into the world of consoles :p

Come on, get that PS2 you've always wanted :)

We are not wrong. We are correct in our observations and judgement.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Just makes me wonder how long it'll actually taken, given all of the side quests and actually reading the dialog and not using any walkthroughs. *shrugs* I'm purchasing it for a PW project I'm helping with. The OC is merely a fringe-benefit. To each his/her own.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

repost... 'cause thread is moving quick.

sorry gd, but the nwnvault stuff were included in the "less than 10%" numbers from bioware. sp downloads has been played by a very small number of people compared to total purchasers. yeah, is more people playing sp downloads than is using the toolset to create pws, but the number of folks getting anything out of nwn other than oc playage is less than 10%.

end repost.

we likes that nwn has the sp mods, but it ain't what has sold copies.

HA! Good Fun!

Where did you get that figure. Not being sarcastic, really curious. Looking at the download numbers of the Vault and Stratics and NWNPlanet, accounting for a majority of repeat customers (single users downloading more than one module) I'd have put that number much higher. Maybe as high as 35-40% . If a player downloads a single bit of content from a user made SP mod to joining a PW they have "used" the toolset even if they did not create that content. I really think more than 10% of NWN players have downloaded something.

directly from the biowarians when they were explaining why hotu were not gonna be playable mp... and more recent when they were discussing DA... though we admits that they were playing with the numbers when discussing DA. Gromnir kept mentioning their less than 5% figures from nwn, and some developer claimed that our numbers were really off, and that something under but close to 200,000 had used player mods. at the time Gromnir were thinking that nwn had sold 1mil, and this jackarse developer did not clarify the fact that nwn had sold over 2 mil.

never trust the developers.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm purchasing it for a PW project I'm helping with. The OC is merely a fringe-benefit.

Exactly what I've been saying today!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is that one or two persons ?

Well my English sucks but, what is "persons" :p

More than one person.

Where's Meta at? That is improper use of grammer. People is plural for person not persons.

I was just answering his question... I guess I'm in a litteral mood :luck:

And you were correct. :p

person

n noun (plural people or persons)

1 a human being regarded as an individual. ⇒an individual characterized by a preference or liking for a specified thing: she's not a cat person. ⇒a character in a play or story. ⇒an individual's body: concealed on his person.

2 Grammar a category used in the classification of pronouns, possessive determiners, and verb forms, according to whether they indicate the speaker (first person), the addressee (second person), or a third party (third person).

3 Christian Theology each of the three modes of being of God, namely the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

PHRASES

in person with the personal presence or action of the individual specified.

ORIGIN

Middle English: from Old French persone, from Latin persona 'actor's mask, character in a play', later 'human being'.

USAGE

The words people and persons are not used in exactly the same way. People is by far the commoner and is used in most ordinary contexts: a group of people; several thousand people have been rehoused. Persons, on the other hand, tends now to be restricted to official or formal contexts, as in this vehicle is authorized to carry twenty persons.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

We are not wrong. We are correct in our observations and judgement.

I'm sure you believe that? :luck:"

But until you've actually played it, how would you really, truely know?

Of course we do otherwise we would not have made that statement.

Long play time games FTW.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

In any case 20 hours is short for a CRPG. People are saying that shorter games are the norm now and I agree, but that doesn't mean that the norm doesn't suck. Bottomline the question we have here is a 20 hour CRPG worth $50? In my opinion it is not. Especially if that game is going to follow the same route of leveling as its predecessor where people were reaching max level a good time before the game 's end. 20 levels in 20 hours is stupid, plain and simple. There is no excuse for it.

directly from the biowarians when they were explaining why hotu were not gonna be playable mp... and more recent when they were discussing DA... though we admits that they were playing with the numbers when discussing DA.  Gromnir kept mentioning their less than 5% figures from nwn, and some developer claimed that our numbers were really off, and that something under but close to 200,000 had used player mods.  at the time Gromnir were thinking that nwn had sold 1mil, and this jackarse developer did not clarify the fact that nwn had sold over 2 mil. 

never trust the developers.

HA! Good Fun!

If they said it they said it. It does not sound right to me though. What do you think. You've been around this group a long time. I think the figure is much higher and anyway how in the world could they track a metric like that?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In any case 20 hours is short for a CRPG.  People are saying that shorter games are the norm now and I agree, but that doesn't mean that the norm doesn't suck.  Bottomline the question we have here is a 20 hour CRPG worth $50?  In my opinion it is not.  Especially if that game is going to follow the same route of leveling as its predecessor where people were reaching max level a good time before the game 's end.  20 levels in 20 hours is stupid, plain and simple.  There is no excuse for it.

You'd basically be paying $2.50 an hour.

In any case 20 hours is short for a CRPG.  People are saying that shorter games are the norm now and I agree, but that doesn't mean that the norm doesn't suck.  Bottomline the question we have here is a 20 hour CRPG worth $50?  In my opinion it is not.  Especially if that game is going to follow the same route of leveling as its predecessor where people were reaching max level a good time before the game 's end.  20 levels in 20 hours is stupid, plain and simple.  There is no excuse for it.

I'll be waiting regardless... I never get a game until after the first patch is released... well excluding console games of course.

To Meta:  Eh?  :luck:

Pareidolia (from Greek para- amiss, faulty, wrong + eidolon, diminutive of eidos appearance, form) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (usually an image) being mistakenly perceived as recognizable. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds, seeing the man in the moon, and hearing messages on records played in reverse.

I was helping you with your paranoia, so that you may find some solace. :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'll be waiting regardless... I never get a game until after the first patch is released... well excluding console games of course.

What about games patched at release i.e. v1.1 gets shipped?

"So basically you don't care what the actual player-stated length of the game is on release, you're going to base your purchase on what the head of the company (who, like me, hasn't played through the game from beginning to end) says months prior to release? "

let us be fair. if we ignore fergie estimates and buy nwn2 and it turns out to be 20 hours or less, then we has wasted what little leverage we got. our must effective means to bring 'bout change is to change the way we spend our dollars. you know that. once we buy nwn2 then we gots but little ways to bring 'bout change... but 'course you know that too.

fergie may be underestimating. when game release gets closer and reviews come out we will pay heed... and if the reviewers note that game is short we will feels compelled to vote with our dollars. we won't simply rely on fergie estimates, but he is the head o' obsidian and it sure not seem unreasonable for folks to believe that fergie knows what he is talking 'bout regarding an obsidian developed game.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)